& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- For the first time ever, play along with the real-life MLB season as it unfolds over a six month-long period
- Just as in real-life, opposing pitchers and hitters will learn your tendencies from one at-bat to the next, challenging you to mix up your approach on both sides of the plate as each game unfolds
- A revamped throwing system presents a classic risk vs. reward situation, as you choose to queue up throws before fielding the ball to save time, or take a moment to set your feet for better accuracy
- All-new player types let you decide your path to the Majors, as goals, expectations, ratings and progression are all customized by position and player type
- Tracks handpicked by SPIN magazine, featuring Cool Kids, Skrillex, The Joy Formidable, Grouplove, My Morning Jacket and more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Amazon.com Product Description
MLB 2K12 is simulation baseball video game, and the longest-running Major League Baseball game available. MLB 2K12 continues the evolution of the MLB 2K game franchise with a variety of features designed to please both longtime and new fans of the series. Features include: the six-month long MLB Today Season Mode, a dynamic AI system that adapts to your tendencies, a new throw meter, and improved My Player Mode, new soundtracks to play to and multiplayer support.
The Only Game You'll Need This Season
The longest running Major League Baseball franchise returns to the virtual diamond with MLB 2K12 from 2K Sports. Featuring advanced pitching and hitting controls, detailed player tendencies and scouting reports, and immersive game modes for any level of fan, MLB 2K12 is the only game you'll need this season.
Key Game Features
- MLB Today Season Mode - For the first time ever, play along with the real-life MLB season as it unfolds. Take charge of your favorite team and see how you stack up against the rest of the league over the course of a six month-long season.
- Dynamic Tendency System - Just as in real-life, opposing pitchers and hitters will learn your tendencies from one at-bat to the next, challenging you to mix up your approach on both sides of the plate as each game unfolds.
- New Throw Meter - A revamped throwing system presents a classic risk vs. reward situation every time you make a play. Will you queue up throws before fielding the ball to save time, or take a moment to set your feet for better accuracy?
- Improved My Player Mode - Want to be the next All-star slugger or ace starter? All-new player types let you decide your path to the Majors. Goals, expectations, ratings and progression are all customized by position and player type.
- Soundtrack - Tracks handpicked by SPIN magazine, featuring Cool Kids, Skrillex, The Joy Formidable, Grouplove, My Morning Jacket and more.
Revamped throwing system.
6 month long play season.
Dynamic tendency AI.
Improved My Player mode.
Top Customer Reviews
Throwing Accuracy vs. time: This is a basic part of baseball that has been missing from this game - the decision to set feet and throw accurately or flip the ball quickly. This is especially true for the middle infielders. And as in the real game, a quick throw can lead to some errors.
Dynamic tendency: This is another "realistic" part of the game that needed to be improved. Even Justin Verlander isn't going to get away with the same fastball every time, and this game forces players to adjust their approach to keep from becoming predictable.
The soundtrack is a winner again. There are always several tracks from 2K games that end up on my iPod. This one is no different.
The graphics are still not as good as the MLB The Show games. I know there is a tradeoff between graphic detail and game frame speed, but the 2K12 still doesn't seem to have found the right balance
Notes: I still haven't decided if I like the pitching changes better than the old meter...it's theoretically better. Also, the batting stances seem a little off for some players. C'mon, you have to get Miggy right, he's the MVP and Triple Crown winner!
The good is that the pitching style is really involved, making you make certain stick movements rather than the old 'swing meter' that is so boring. The announcers are great, though the timing of the remarks is off somewhat.
The 'ok' is the batting, it's actually kinda fun if a bit simplistic. Fielding is ok as well, with the new throwing meter adding a bit. Baserunning has always been my nemesis, so I can't realistically comment on that. The mode where you match your favorite team day by day is unique, but seems a bit gimmicky because you will have to keep buying it year to year (you can't just play a season in that mode).
Ok, now the bad... there are a number of video/audio glitches that are inexcusable in this day and age (and at this price). The 'my player' mode is very weak. Load times are long at times, video doesn't play smoothly and player animations are jerky at times.
All in all, not a bad game, just not a really good one.
The pitching takes some getting used to but it makes it so it't not super easy. After a few games you'll get the hang of it. Each pitcher feels different and tgat's a good thing -- to have to get used to each individual pitcher instead of pitching the same every time.
The batting is perfect. Some people would call it boring but it needs to be simple. It's just a simple flick of the right joystick. You're swining a bat, not making cheesecake.
Fielding is great too. Each fielder has his own point of perfection when he throws so you can't just throw the same every time.
Overall this game is perfect. It's a nice enjoyable game of baseball, and that's all it needs to be.
2K allows you to put runs on the board and engage in pitchers duels. There is also the baserunning quandry in the show. In the show, every play is a bang bang play. I can't name how many times I have been burned by a Reyes in the show because the animation takes so long to actually throw to the base. In 2k routine plays are routine. I think 2k is more realistic in the sense of gameplay. I recommend it over the show.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this for my grandson, he loves the games and especially the prices.Published 10 months ago by mirrakidz