Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 105 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 112 reviews
on February 19, 2013
This has great information for learning how to make healthy probiotic drinks. It discusses each drink and the specific health benefits that it provides. It is pretty basic, though, and wouldn't give much additional information to someone who has already started culturing probiotic foods. For example, the section on kefir has basic information that one would usually receive when purchasing kefir grains. It would be helpful for someone who got some extra grains from a friend and had never tried to make it themselves.

This book is best suited to someone who is going to be culturing their first batches of probiotic drinks. I found that I used it as a guide when making my first batch of kefir and kombucha, and didn't need to use it after that.
on May 22, 2013
I had made a batch of kombucha (certainly not my first, I'd made it several times in the past) and got this the day I was to test my batch. It was as if my kombucha never took off. It was just week-old sweet tea! I was so disappointed. After reading this guide I learned that the kombucha needs a slightly acidic environment to develop. Well, I had used alkaline water to make that batch so there was no way it was going to develop. Without this book i wouldn't have known that and probably would've thrown my $20 scoby in the compost bin. I tried again, this time using purified water with a mid-range pH level. 12 days later, I have gorgeous kombucha!

Now, I am going to try the kefir recipe using coconut milk. This book has inspired me.
on February 6, 2013
This ebook is a great high level resource on making your own probiotic drinks. For only a dollar, I was very pleasantly surprised. It provides good straightforward DIY info to make yogurt, kefir, kombucha, ginger beer, and rejuvelac.
on March 6, 2013
This very short book is a good way to learn about probiotic drinks and will help you decide which ones might interest you. It contains information and recipes which are easy to follow and will assist any beginner in their quest for a healthier lifestyle. A solid 4 stars from me.
on May 25, 2013
This book is ok but kind of sketchy for a beginner to use. I am new to fermenting kefir water and found more info on line but still refer to this book for a quick reminder.
on April 20, 2017
Excellent product, great value for the item. I would recommend this to anyone.
on October 10, 2012
This was a pretty good book. It gave some history and how to. The only thing it was missing was a beet kvass recipe.
on September 8, 2015
This is a short book, almost a booklet, really. The book has a very folksy feel to the writing, but the information is good, and helpful for those new to fermenting.
on April 12, 2017
Great recipes!
on February 8, 2014
I bought this cuz it sounded good but for the price i think it is a poor quality book. Flimsy paper. Great recipes. Not written well. Hard to follow at times. Very pricey for the quality. I might purchase more though because he has great ideas. Just real unhappy with the cost. I expected a hardbound or at least a better quality paper for the money.