Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Ritter PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 61 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 80 reviews
on January 30, 2012
I would give it more a 3.5 star rating, here's why;

So Nicholas Boothman is better known for his, "How to Connect in Business in 90 seconds or less" and "How to Make People Like you in 90 seconds or less" - So I guess that's why he entitled his book as such to keep the theme going, but honestly it should have been titled more towards the "Finding your Matched Opposite" theory he talks about in his book. That theory / belief in this book he introduces is what makes this book very special.

It talks about how we shouldn't look for people who are exactly like us, or so different from us, but similar enough and different enough, that you would compliment each other. Just like we have a right hand and a left hand, both the same, but different enough to work and intertwine together. That was such an eye opener and made me think long and hard about women, and trying to figure out who I am - because once you know who you are, you can now confidentially know who you would go good with.

The book also talks about a lot of great pointers about how to build rapport with the person you are meeting and how to get comfortable with someone you just met. In a way it feels like this book could have been two different books, one actually being the "Love you in 90 mins or less" and the other of "Finding Your Matched Opposite."

Just beware that this book consists of very analytical reading so not something you can just flop down and read - but incredibly useful in helping me understand myself, and building connections on dates.
44 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2016
This book might make a 90 minute date efficient enough for two people to fall in love, but as it says inside, it doesn't mean everyone will admit these feelings to you right then and there. The first half of the book (approximately) is about knowing who the right kind of person is for you, and finding someone who you are attracted to who fits what you're looking for. This isn't a book outlining any method to force things with someone you don't belong with. If anything, it shows you where you have been going wrong and offers a step by step plan to do things right from now on, and stop missing out on love.
on May 3, 2013
This book is much better than i expected. It begins presenting ways to improve general socials skills. And this is a VERY good thing, considering that too many people get lost in translation. And this is not so amusing when you travel a lot in different countries and sometimes you need to do your best in a short conversation.
Since my marriage is going down the hill for some time now, I started looking for some books to give some ideas about what to do. I wasn't sure exactly what to expect from this book, and I wasn't sure if there is anything useful inside. But now I think is worth the money and the time.
When you arrive to the parts that really talk about flirting ... then you're in for a good laugh. But I still think this is one of the best books about flirting. For young and not so young people (who may be a little out of practice). You can find some really good ideas to use with good results.
on October 28, 2011
I felt awful a buying a book with this title. I did purchase it because it has been recommended to me and because of the good reviews. I thought, jeez, I am not desperate. I am not a fool to believe that any man can fall in love with me in 90 minutes. Indeed, it is a bad title, for a great book that you read easily and with gusto.

I always love date and relationship books for women written by men, because, well, they know their stuff first hand. Moreover, they usually cut the crap that other books for single ladies give. This is also the case of the author here, who makes a great job at giving advice, reasons for the advice, and offering tips and techniques to practice what he preaches.

The concept of matched opposite is truly helpful, and makes complete sense, even though many women find themselves pursuing men who are like them, a version of themselves, not the best man for them.

The fact that the author was a fashion photographer in the past, really shows, as his advice on how to dress and present yourself is really good. Nothing really new, or wow, but still you know it comes from a professional.

The book has given me many tips to go and practice next time I see any guy that catches my eye, things that I usually oversee or forget to do, not realising how important they are to get the attention of any man, beyond the looks. I have been practising his advice of looking at the colour of somebody's eyes to learn how to make eye contact, and it really works. There are many tips you can put into practice.

One of those books that you go back to check for advice over and over again.
on February 9, 2016
A really great book with a clickbait title. The real value in this book is the section about how to find your matched opposite, that person who has similar values but complimentary personality traits. Also of value is the section on how to meet people. Great anecdotes, great book!
on September 10, 2011
This book has some great ideas and advice. I was surprised to find that some of the tips in this book actually work. In summary, people like to be made to feel good about themselves and want to be surrounded by others who help them achieve this feeling. This book will help you understand how your role in a relationship is important in helping your desired partner feel good about themselves.
on October 18, 2013
This is the type of text, just the way I like it. Philosophical, scientific, interactive, and it drops many bits of wisdom for the reader. Many conversation examples are included in this book.

I can already tell this is an awesome book. If you REALLY truly want to successfully engage in conversation with many people, than you'd better buy this book and add it to your library. You sure won't regret it.
on August 10, 2016
It actually works, I did the mirroring on a personof interest and the was genuinely all over me!
interesting process, Use the suggested ideas with discretion.
on April 5, 2014
This book had several tangible tools that can help any individual face meeting new people for the first time. As much as it is about finding and creating love, it is also about becoming the person that you truly want to be instead of sitting around and waiting for life to happen to you.
on August 26, 2016
A good read. Some nice tips and "tricks". Lots of it basic and common sense but some otherwise good info. Worth the read. It goes beyond just falling in love and covers overall human relationships.