Makedo Discover | 126 Piece Cardboard Construction Toolbox for 1-5 Makers | STEM and STEAM Educational Toys for Kids | at Home Play + Classroom Learning | Reusable Tools for Boys and Girls Age 5+
Enhance your purchase
|Manufacturer Minimum Age (MONTHS)||48.00|
|Material||Alloy Steel, Plastic|
|Educational Objective||Team Building Skills, Creative Thinking, STEM|
|Number of Pieces||126|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||12.68 x 9.53 x 1.85 inches|
|Age Range (Description)||Kid|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- BRING IMAGINATION TO LIFE: Accomodating one to five makers, this is the ultimate toolbox for your squad! Be it family or friends, young or old, solo, duo or more, the possibilities with this kit are endless.
- VERSATILE AND STRONG: Cardboard is a readily available, free and unlimited building block that can be folded, sawed and hole-punched while maintaining its durability. Better still, it can be reused and recycled.
- EXPAND YOUR TOOLKIT: Ideal for smaller groups and creative environments such as play time or or building projects at home. Makedo facilitates educational fun while keeping our planet green and reducing carbon footprints.
- OPEN-ENDED PLAY: With the pride of independent making, Makedo creations then open the door to imaginative play where the child is the protagonist in a hack-able world of their own making.
- STEM LEARNING: The awesomeness of Makedo is that children learn by doing, creating, experimenting, failing and maybe succeeding but that's not essential.
EXPLORE Tool Kit
Did you know the cardboard box has been inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame?
Kids love their boxes! Gift them this intro toolbox of Makedo to take that love of making and play into another realm of imagination.
This is pure, no-tech (but tech-friendly*) fun for girls and boys. Simple and safe, cardboard construction has never been this easy. Anything is possible from a gnome to a knight, a critter to a castle as the happy makers up-cycle, up-skill, problem solve and develop critical 21st century thinking skills.
* incorporate other tech maker products to add movement and light to your creations
DISCOVER Tool Kit
This is the ultimate cardboard construction kit for your squad.
Be it family or friends, young or old, solo, duo or more.. this toolbox contains all the age suitable tools needed to collaborate and make just about anything from up-cycled cardboard.
Imagine costumes, vehicles, forts and creatures! An immersive, hack-able world of your own making is at your finger tips.
This toolbox has every tool in the Makedo arsenal so you and your crew can perfect the art of cardboard construction.
STARTER Tool Kit
This is all you need to get started.
Try Makedo for the first time with this basic starter pack or use it to top-up your existing Makedo. With the included MINI-TOOL, it’s ready to use out of the box so you will be constructing with cardboard in no time.
EXPLORE Tool Kit - 50 Pieces? What do I get?
- 1 x SAFE-SAW: Steel blade with no sharp edges to swiftly saw cardboard.
- 1 x SCRU-DRIVER: Connect cardboard as simply as righty tighty, lefty loosey.
- 36 x SCRU: Connects up to three layers of corrugated cardboard. 12 x SCRU+: Connects up to six layers of corrugated cardboard.
- 1 x BONUS MINI-TOOL: For parallel and cooperative making.
- 1 x TOOLBOX: Packaging opens into a handy sort & store toolbox. Fold down to pack away into the outer sleeve for storage.
Cardboard As A Building Block
Part of the brilliance of working with Makedo is the magic of transforming an everyday cardboard box into whatever can be imagined; from mind’s eye to I made it! Children are natural makers and understand the fascination of transforming the simple building block of cardboard. There is a lot going for cardboard:
- Gives form and is pliable enough for small hands to manipulate.
- Is versatile and can be folded, sawed and hole punched while maintaining its durability.
- Is a readily available, free and unlimited building block that can be recycled and reused.
What is Makedo?
Makedo needs little introduction; find some cardboard, grab some Makedo tools and get started.
The awesomeness of Makedo is that children learn by doing, creating, experimenting, failing and maybe succeeding but that's not essential. The creations then open the door to imaginative play where the child is protagonist in a hack-able world of their own making.
- FIND: Makedo is the most open-ended toy construction system ever because the reusable tools work with cardboard; a universally available, free and unlimited building block.
- MAKE: Designed for girls and boys, young and old, individuals and groups of all skill levels. With Makedo you can make anything imaginable of any size from a flower to a fort, a mask to a maze.
- PLAY: Makedo creations set the stage for immersive, creative and open-ended play where the child is protagonist in a hack-able world of their own making.
- LEARN: Makedo is a catalyst for critical thinking because it fosters the natural inclination of the child to learn by doing.
- INSPIRE: Join our global community of makers to inspire and be inspired.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My kid immediately got creative with some large cardboard boxes, including fashioning a Houdini-style “escape box” that she asked us to “lock” her in to by screwing some of the plastic Makedo screws in. She could easily get herself out, because she had practiced a lot. Screws that a child can unscrew from the reverse side are genius!
The cutting implements are perfect for cardboard. The tool tray is super helpful, although we ended up putting everything into a shallow bucket for easier carting around and storage. And the small awls for punching holes work really well; they're designed to be easy for a kid to use.
What I love about this set is that my kid goes to work on a cardboard creation without needing any adult help. Everything works as it should, and she has come up with multiple fun and creative projects to complete with this set. No screens needed!
The plastic screws and bolts work great as Joints too making it great for mechanical learning and understanding some functions.
Top reviews from other countries
It was a great hi, they spent hours drawing plans and building.
I just need to get more cardboard!
Reviewed in Germany 🇩🇪 on August 8, 2022