Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 45 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 59 reviews
on April 15, 2013
I read some of the reviews but didn't listen. Just received the book and everyone is correct! All 25 patterns are laid on on two sheets of paper (both sides) and are VERY confusing to cut out. They overlap to the point it is hard to tell what path to cut. I can't get past on how to cut out the pajama pant pattern. It says to cut the inner line for the front, the the outer for the back. I'm a beginner and don't understand what they are getting at. I cut one following the outer line and one following the inner line but it doesn't make sense if you put them together. (If anyone can provide tips on this please let me know.) I'm moving on to the capri pants and hope to use that pattern as a pajama pant. I also noticed how poorly the samples fit the children in the book. Some of the "boy" patterns are a little too girly for my tastes, but I have a little girl so that isn't a big problem.
on September 23, 2010
I have made many of the clothes in this book...and they are so beautiful! They don't look "homeade" either. Easy to follow instructions for me. I have done much sewing, but I had only made several clothing items before now. I love making the clothes in this book! Most can be accomplished in an afternoon or two. The only thing I was disappointed about was the lack of cute clothes for boys. The boy shorts look too feminine (capri length) for a boy to wear and the shirt looked a little silly in my opinion and in the opinions of others (like my mother) that I showed it to. However, there is a pants pattern that can be unisex as well as pj's that I'm planning to make my son for Christmas. There are a few projects for babies as well, such as bibs, booties, hats and bloomers for girls. I recommed this book to anyone who wants stylish, adorable clothes and accessories to make for their little girls.
on September 7, 2012
This is a well put together book. There are a good range of outfits and accessories, and they are all pretty cute. The patterns are in the back and are full sized. You do have to trace them onto something. I used tissue paper and had no problems. Just keep an envelope in the back for the cut out patterns when you are finished. There are boy clothes and pajamas, but it seems more geared for girls, in my opinion. I am a beginner and had no problems understanding and using this book.
on September 9, 2013
i haven't had a chance to use the book to date. i just received it on 9/6/13. just at first glance, the book will be helpful in the projects i have planned in the near future. even though i am an experienced seamstress, no one knows everything. i'm sure the information in this book will be helpful from the beginning sewer to the most experienced seamstress. I would recommend this book to others.
on January 12, 2012
After finally picking pajama pants because the rest of the clothes were so cheesy and ill fitting, I wasted a yard of fabric using the terrible patterns and trying to follow unclear directions. I will try the dress on the cover when it gets closer to summer. I was really disappointed because I wanted to make the booties for my baby, but they only go up to 9 months.... I wish I would have returned it before my 9 month old started eating it.
on June 7, 2011
I made a dress similar to the one on the book cover. I misread the instructions and the dress came out shorter than I expected, but it worked as a shirt for my little toddler. The book has a lot of good ideas, but the lines for the patterns are really confusing. I think the patterns should have been divided up in sections for each sewing project not all on two different pages for you to tear out and hope you trace the right pattern. Over all it is a good book with different ideas to make clothes for little girls.
on September 6, 2014
This is a splendid book! I tried most of the patterns with little difficulty. I just follow the colored lines and made my own patterns. Great sewing tips too. This is a British book and they have such darling models. Highly recommend this book to all who love sewing children's clothes..Lilly
on November 29, 2012
This book would be wonderful for those just learning to sew. I like the patterns but had to alter them to get the look I wanted. The instructions are easy to follow. I think a few changes in patterns and design would make this book even better. I would recommend this book to everyone with the idea that those that are advanced seamstresses would use this as a starting point for more creative ideas.
on March 15, 2016
Has the patterns in the back of the book. I found this book very cute, well written and loving the simple children clothing designs!!
on September 6, 2011
As a grandmother of 3 girls this is a very good book for my skill level. I've moved from beginner/novice to the stage where I will be using it more. The various terminology used in sewing in different countries is something I had to overcome and still do, I'm Australian of English heritage. I know this is not a comprehensive review but if you are into "Making Children's Clothes" then you will probably like this book, I know I do.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.