Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on June 14, 2017
She has one chapter that advises those things like selling products at house parties like Tupperware or Mary Kay are good but from my research, those are closely related to pyramid schemes and Multilevel Marketing. Unless you are the main distributor in the area and the top of the pyramid you could be influenced to spend a lot of money on products that you won't sell and that just sit in a garage.. I learned that from John Oliver's Multilevel Marketing clip on youtube... he can be vulgar/using profanity in his videos in an effort to be comical, but he has points... I was already leary of those businesses anyway but couldn't grasp why... his video helped me understand, I just wish I had watched it before passing this book on to a friend. Avoid Donna Partow's chapter on those pyramid scheme ideas and the book is pretty good minus that.
on December 15, 2012
I found this book very inspirational and practical. It seems to have been written for someone exactly like me, a stay at home Mom wanting to supplement our family income. The book opened my eyes up to a number of different ways to make money online. I like that the author describes several different businesses in detail and also refers to specific websites. Since reading this book, I did further research in the areas she recommends and am highly motivated to start as soon as the holidays are behind us. I recommend this book.
on March 12, 2011
I love this book! It is a quick read and easy to understand. There is not much 'fluff' - she gets right to the point and covers topics in enough detail. She also provides soo many good resources, and warns of others to beware of. So much good information, and I know I will use the book over and over again as a reference to remind myself of her hints and tips. Great book - I definitely recommend this to any person who wants to build a home based business!
on January 9, 2011
Partow gives great advice on several types of businesses. She addresses internet businesses the most, which is appropriate for this point in history. I especially value the extra resources she gives throughout the book.
on February 20, 2013
Incredibly detailed, brutally honest, and extremely encouraging. I highly recommend Donna Partow's books for creating the life you've always wanted to live.
on November 30, 2010
This book is excellent - it covers all the bases for starting and maintaining a business. Plus, since technical and computer info gets outdated so quickly, the author includes her website links that she keeps continually updated information on the subject as it changes. Highly recommended!
on September 14, 2011
Great book with even better ideas about making money from home. The ideas about selling information are priceless! There is something in this book for everyone.
on July 31, 2014
This is another fantastic book by the author who really understands some basic principles about making money.
on March 2, 2011
I think I would have givenn this more stars if we were looking to start a serious business as it deals with a lot of details on getting a business going. However, we were looking for ideas to actually start moving on slowly and she gives some ideas, but not all I thought it would be.

Don't take my comments as to this is a bad book, it is not. It is just not a guide for someone looking for a lot of specific companies or such to get going with. More unrealistic expectations on our part.
on November 15, 2015
Simple and beautifully written. It gives very nice and practical tools to create and manage your own business from home.