Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on February 28, 2015
I've been working professionally on German cars for 15 years. I had the impact driver version of this (3/8" was not available then) until the batteries failed after 3 or 4 years. The only thing I disliked about that tool was that the 3/8" adapters would break every 3-6 months. I moderately cut my hand once, and almost damaged a very expensive wheel (I like to zip wheel bolts on with it, then hand torque them on the ground). This is not a problem with the 3/8" anvil. It's a half inch shorter too, so I can more easily remove crank pulley bolts (Audi?) with it too. I do need to find a new friction ring for it though.

The batteries last a long time between charges (change once a week, usually), and overall as well. The rubber bits deteriorate very slowly, especially if you get oil on them, but that would happen with any tool, and does not bother me. Character, right? :) Highly recommended.
on February 1, 2013
I bought this impact because I was looking for and alternative to the $450 one snap on has and now that I've used them both I think this one is better. It has plenty of power possibly more than snap on though it doesn't have as high of RPM as the snap on. The main motor/impact part of it is also much smaller than the snap on which helps it weigh less as well. I also like that the light stays on for a few seconds after you pull the trigger this is very helpful in dark areas where as the snap on go off when you let off the trigger. The battery is Li-ion instead of the Ni-Cad that snap on uses which helps it weigh less and last longer. Since I'm an ASE certified technician this tool get's used quite a bit and I have yet to had to recharge a battery and it's been 3 weeks since I got it. I'm confident it will last a while since a friend has had many Makitas for years with no problems. All in all I think this is a great product that anyone from DIY to master technician would find useful.
on January 4, 2012
This impact wrench is extremely strong! Bought this on sale a few weeks before Christmas for a gift and it is amazing how much power is in this wrench. When my Dad opened it up on Christmas day all we wanted to do was see how powerful it actually was so we went out to the garage and tested it on some of the lugs on my car. This thing had no problem buzzing them right out, and they were torqued to 81 ft/lbs. The batteries also last a VERY long time. We've been using it quite a bit on my race car engine and gearbox since Christmas, and we still haven't had to recharge or change the battery since the first charge.

My Dad also bought a very short 3/8" extension to keep on the wrench so the small ring on the end of it doesn't get worn out, and I would recommend this also.
on May 29, 2013
This impact wrench is rated to put out 155 foot pounds of torque and I would say it definetly is. Better than the 1/4 inch hex drive models which have less power and end up longer with a 3/8 adapter. I will be buying the 1.5 AHr battery to be more compact. The built in LED light is nice because it lights before and after running a bolt. Nice to not have an air hose to deal with. Great for work where power or compressed air is not available. Makes for fast work and is very useful for tear down and running bolts snug before torqueing. This impact wrench feels solid and smooth when running a bolt. Not advisible for gas tank replacement or areas with fumes, since it has brushes that spark. Carry case has a nice hinge with a metal rod, not the bending plastic type. I have the Sunex 3342 socket set, that along with this gun is very usefull.
on May 16, 2016
outstanding
on October 26, 2015
I am very happy with my Makita cordless impact
on May 9, 2014
Reliable tool , batteries for long time to use , not heavy ,precision in fasting speed rotation - opinion after 1 month of work with bikes .
on July 6, 2010
I like the portability of this tool. Recently set up two irrigation wheel lines in my pasture(which is what I purchased it for) and with hundreds of bolt fasteners per line, it was a snap.

Can't believe it runs as long as it does on one charge. So far so good.
on December 5, 2013
It should be known that this is my first impact wrench. And I had unfavorable memories of cordless tools from 15 years ago when I worked construction, so this was a bit of a gamble for me. I'm so glad that I got it! As a man who does all my own mechanical work, owns old vehicles that I'm constantly repairing or modifying, and is currently in the middle of building an RV from scratch, I can say that love this tool. It just speeds up most jobs dramatically and really reduces the strain of trying to find the right angles get my body into to really torque on many nuts and bolts. I chose this model based on good reviews and the smaller head length. If I really wanted power, the 1/2" version of this gun is a little longer but 3X as powerful. This has broken every nut loose that I've tried with a few exceptions: Engine head bolts, and a few rusted exhaust component bolts needed a breaker bar to get them started. The batteries last forever. I was so stoked with the batteries that I went out and bought an 18v Makita drill to go with them.
on May 27, 2010
Had this Makita for a month and use it everyday in the Armored vehicle shop I work at. Batteries last a long time, unit does what i ask it to and isn't heavy to have with you all day.