Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on September 21, 2012
I have used the Makita drill driver circular saw and impact, and all of them exceeded my expectations. Here are a few things to consider when trying to decide between brands.

1. Makita has over 50 tools that fit the 3.0 amp battery and all are sold seperately or as kits.
2. I also have Ridged impact and drill, and quality wise it does not compare.
3. The makita 3.0 amp battery actually is about the same size and weight maybe even a little smaller than the Ridged 1.5 amp battery.
4. I have used impact drivers and drills from the following brands and thus far none has compared in battery life torque and compactness:

Dewault drill and impact ( both NiCad and Li-ion versions), ryobi, hitachi, ridged, milwaukee, porter cable, and bosch. The Bosch set was the only one that came close in comfort and power. In comparison to other tools I have used here is the pros and cons list.

Pros:
1. Excellent torque.
2. 30 minute charging.
3. Longest battery life I have seen thus far in a compact design.
4. Comfortable tools to handle, light and durable.
5. Batteries are interchangeable with all other makita tools in the LXT line up.
6. Convenient belt clip.
7. Saw cuts wood like butter, cleanly and accurately.
8. Batteries are incredible compact for the amperage.
9. Double the battery power over Bosch for a similar price.
10. Excellent charger with cooling fan and computer chip.
11. Comes with convenient carry bag.
12. One handed bit insertion with impact.
13. Smooth impact action with more impact per second than most if not all impacts I have used.
14. Delivered quickly with free shipping from one of the buying options. ( 2 days )
15. Bag is big enough to store at least a couple more tools and batteries. ( stacked )

Cons:

1. Neither the impact nor the drill have a bit holder on board.
2. Chuck on impact seems looser than most, ( still completely usable and may be due to a very cheap bit ) Will update when my platinum bits come in.
3. The kit with reciprocating saw seems to be a better deal than this as you can buy the say for less than the sawzall. ( I needed circular saw now and couldn't afford both for now )
4. Charger makes noise ( Not at all a big deal... Tools make noise, that's what its all about).
5.Flashlight is cheap yet completely usable. I would recommend the LED one over this one due to power savings.

Overall this is one of the most powerful compact tool kits I have seen, quality build at a reasonable price. I love the fact that I can expand my lineup without buying more batteries. The batteries almost always under any circumstances charge faster than you can use it up. If you are on the line with this product you will not regret it.!!

Update: I have used my makita tools for many months and wanted to give a little update. First off here are the tools I currently have by makita LXT:

impact driver, brushless impact driver, recip saw, circ saw, multi tool, vacuum, 9 batteries, 3 chargers, drill, corded roto hammer and corded grinder.

I have been using these tools nearly daily for the past few months an things have been with out a hitch. I did get one lemon battery, should get it replaced soon. The multitool Makita has turned out to be a great investment made my life easier in many situations. Overall all the tools work like they did new, they can withstand some damage too!

Also if you are in the market for the impact driver than go brushless! The three speed setting on the brushless driver is great.
on December 27, 2013
I ordered this kit because:
1.) I've never had an issue with Makita tools in about the last 30 years

2.) This kit had what I needed - A circular saw and a new 1/2 in. drill. (2nd set of DeWalt 1/2 in. drill batteries died & the drill is making bad "I'm about to burst into flames" odors, she's done a good job, time to retire.)

3.) It only had two extra tools I kinda didn't need - the driver and the flashlight, what the heck?

I also thought the bang for the buck on the 3.0 Ah lithium-ion batteries, (two are included) was the best at the time.

Now that I have my hands on it, here's some other cool stuff ...

Drill & driver:
They have LEDs to light up the work area. These have a delay on them so you don't have to keep hitting the trigger to keep it on.
If you like belt clips, they have them. I don't so that fact that I can take them off with one screw is nice.
They also have pretty well placed rubber ridges to help protect the tool and the surfaces you might have to set them on.
The grip fits my hand well, but most tools do.
Torque & speed are great, no worries here.
I'm not sure if I will use the hammer drill part on this or not, but for small anchors I think it'll be OK. I've got a big Bosch for the rest, so ...

Saw:
The saw zips right through a 2x4 just like my corded saws.
It's well balanced and lighter than cordless saws I've used in the past, mainly due to battery weight.
It has normal features like depth of cut, tilting base with miter gauge and a cutting width guide.
The foot is cast alloy with nice square edges which will be good for use with guides & fences.

Charger:
The charger is fan cooled AND that fan cools the batteries during charging. The batteries are ventilated. They do stay cool during charging. This is the first time I've seen this. (I'm not sure if other brands do this now or not)
The charger also has seven status LEDs which helps reduce the amount of blinky LED decoding one has to do.

Time will tell if the charger improvements equal longer, stronger, battery performance or not. Can't hurt.
on March 20, 2013
I did my research before purchasing this Item extensively from the different types of impact drivers to the priceing and the addvantages of the extras for such a cost, and I payed a good deel for what its worth given thet there Makita. If your interested in buying a good set of hardworking power tools for drilling and impacting this is the cheepest and longest lasting and well worth the money + they throw in a realy heavy duty bag with metal zipper, 2 batteries, a realy good saw, and a lite that swivels from streght to sideways and the charge on the batteries only last like 30 minits sence there lithium Ion batteries. Oh and yes it does com with a realy good charger that has a fan built in so not any worry about your charger mellting that is with out saying you dont leave it in the direct sunlight. I would sugjest that when your not using your batteries detach them and keep them in a cool place along with keeping your charger out of the sun so you can prolong your batteries life sence there around 100 dollars a piece for a new one. but again thay last a long time and these tools are great for industrial use not extreem industrial use. if you wont Extreem industrial use look to buy the stronger impact driver I beleve its the 24v impact driver along with the heavy duty impact drill driver. any way hope this review answers someones questions about the Makita
on May 17, 2010
I have only owned a few tools in my life, but these by far surpass any I have ever used. The tools have more power, longer battery life, and are better quality.

I used the impact driver and circular saw (mainly) to build a fence around my parents yard, and it was a snap using one battery for it all. I would drive what I needed, then switch the battery to the saw and cut. The battery lasts all day for the impact driver, but runs out much faster with the work load of the circular saw. Another reviewer commented that you shouldn't use the saw for more than 15 minutes of cutting at a time. I agree, give it some rest, but the battery will run for at least 4 of those, so an hour of actual cutting hardwoods without dying.

All in all, definitely worth the purchase. If you need cordless, get Makita LXT. And HURRY, you can still get a free tool if you buy it now and use the rebate!
on December 30, 2013
The saw is the best saw I have ever used. One thing that makes it great is the noise. Compared to a corded 7.5" saw it has very little of the whine that hurts your ears. Battery life is very good also. The impact screw driver is my first I always just used a drill to drive screws. Now I know the difference. Lighter better balance and it drives screws great. I cannot say anything bad about this tool kit. The light works well and the drill seems to work fine. I have not used the drill a lot yet. But I have another Makita drill that works great and I have used it a lot. If you are thinking about a new saw or an impact driver you cannot go wrong with this kit.
on September 18, 2014
Makita has always been a great brand. I used this impact driver while putting on a metal roof with screws and it lasted all day on one battery. The saw uses up the battery faster, but it beats dragging power cords around for short jobs.
on February 10, 2012
Japan's famous tool marque: Makita. Who would have ever thought to order Makita
in the US for delivery in Japan?! Turns out this is less expensive than buying
the same tools in Japan! Amazon did a great job getting the tool here fast. In Japan,
I recently bought a Makita 18v recipro-saw with 1 batt + charger for about $500 dollars.
I bought this kit (circular saw, two drills, flashlight, 2 batts + charger)for considerably
less than that, including shipping! Comparing the quality of the Makita Japan tool and
the Makita-US tools, I see no difference in quality. The batteries are compatible as well.
This is a great deal on some great tools -- no matter where you live, even Japan!
on May 30, 2013
I just got this combo kit (one day earlier than expected) and am quite happy with the tools.

Out of the box the batteries are charged and all tools working.

The Saw (with a Makita blade already installed) is lightweight and cuts through a 2x4 like a scissor through a piece of paper: fantastic.
I see the flashlight as a nice bonus. Works fine and has a semi-strong beam.
The drills are my favorite and are all working.

Now to get working.

Thanks!
on July 17, 2014
I have had the kit for about a month now after purchasing first home and am happy with it, my Father is a contractor and recommended this kit as a good start for fixing up an old house. So far probably have 15-20 hrs of use between all the tools. Everything has worked pretty flawlessly even after being dropped and beaten up a bit. I'll try to post a follow up in a few months...
on March 20, 2015
Recommended by general contractor I know. Battery power is great, lasts a long time, recharges quickly. Wish the light had LED instead of old school flashlight bulb. Saw really works well, plenty of cut power. Amazon price best by far. For me, bag is fairly useless.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.