Top positive review
4 people found this helpful
Excellent professional quality tools
on September 21, 2012
I have used the Makita drill driver circular saw and impact, and all of them exceeded my expectations. Here are a few things to consider when trying to decide between brands.
1. Makita has over 50 tools that fit the 3.0 amp battery and all are sold seperately or as kits.
2. I also have Ridged impact and drill, and quality wise it does not compare.
3. The makita 3.0 amp battery actually is about the same size and weight maybe even a little smaller than the Ridged 1.5 amp battery.
4. I have used impact drivers and drills from the following brands and thus far none has compared in battery life torque and compactness:
Dewault drill and impact ( both NiCad and Li-ion versions), ryobi, hitachi, ridged, milwaukee, porter cable, and bosch. The Bosch set was the only one that came close in comfort and power. In comparison to other tools I have used here is the pros and cons list.
1. Excellent torque.
2. 30 minute charging.
3. Longest battery life I have seen thus far in a compact design.
4. Comfortable tools to handle, light and durable.
5. Batteries are interchangeable with all other makita tools in the LXT line up.
6. Convenient belt clip.
7. Saw cuts wood like butter, cleanly and accurately.
8. Batteries are incredible compact for the amperage.
9. Double the battery power over Bosch for a similar price.
10. Excellent charger with cooling fan and computer chip.
11. Comes with convenient carry bag.
12. One handed bit insertion with impact.
13. Smooth impact action with more impact per second than most if not all impacts I have used.
14. Delivered quickly with free shipping from one of the buying options. ( 2 days )
15. Bag is big enough to store at least a couple more tools and batteries. ( stacked )
1. Neither the impact nor the drill have a bit holder on board.
2. Chuck on impact seems looser than most, ( still completely usable and may be due to a very cheap bit ) Will update when my platinum bits come in.
3. The kit with reciprocating saw seems to be a better deal than this as you can buy the say for less than the sawzall. ( I needed circular saw now and couldn't afford both for now )
4. Charger makes noise ( Not at all a big deal... Tools make noise, that's what its all about).
5.Flashlight is cheap yet completely usable. I would recommend the LED one over this one due to power savings.
Overall this is one of the most powerful compact tool kits I have seen, quality build at a reasonable price. I love the fact that I can expand my lineup without buying more batteries. The batteries almost always under any circumstances charge faster than you can use it up. If you are on the line with this product you will not regret it.!!
Update: I have used my makita tools for many months and wanted to give a little update. First off here are the tools I currently have by makita LXT:
impact driver, brushless impact driver, recip saw, circ saw, multi tool, vacuum, 9 batteries, 3 chargers, drill, corded roto hammer and corded grinder.
I have been using these tools nearly daily for the past few months an things have been with out a hitch. I did get one lemon battery, should get it replaced soon. The multitool Makita has turned out to be a great investment made my life easier in many situations. Overall all the tools work like they did new, they can withstand some damage too!
Also if you are in the market for the impact driver than go brushless! The three speed setting on the brushless driver is great.