|Item Weight||2.2 pounds|
|Package Dimensions||12 x 9 x 1.6 inches|
|Item model number||T-01389|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Makita T-01389 62-Piece Impact Drill-Driver Bit Set
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Includes seven black oxide precision 135-degree split point 1/4-inch hex shank drill bits, (2) 1/16-inch, 3/32-inch, (2) 1/8-inch, 3/16-inch, 1/4-inch, (3) wood boring drill bits 1/2-inch, 5/8-inch, 3/4-inch, (9) 2-inch driver bit assortments: slotted, Phillips, Robertson & Torx, (32) 1-inch driver bit assortment: slotted, Phillips, Robertson & Torx, (2) hex-to-square socket adapter: 1/4-inch - 1/4-inch, 3/8-inch, (1) max-mag nut drivers: 1/4-inch, 5/16-inch, 3/8-inch
The Makita T-01389 62-piece drill and driver set is a great value -- more accessories, more savings. Every tool is black-oxide coated to resist corrosion, and given a proprietary heat treatment for sharper, longer lasting life. Manufactured with Ultra-Lok 1/4-inch hex shanks, the tools are compatible with all quick-change connector systems, electric or battery-powered drill/drivers, and impact drivers. The drill bits are manufactured using high-speed steel with precision 135-degree split-point tips to prevent drill bit walking. The pro-grade, maximum magnetic 3-inch bit holder and nut drivers provide extra-strong fastener retention.
Get the right accessory for your toughest applications. Makita has a full line of accessories including framing blades with advanced "M-Tooth" design, ultra-coated miter saw blades, steel demolition bits, Optimum diamond blades, Thruster Percussion bits, Blue Steel CERMET-tipped blades, and many, many more. Expand your LXT cordless lineup with 18-volt lithium-ion batteries, Energy Star-rated battery chargers, flashlights, and jobsite radios.
Makita is a worldwide manufacturer of industrial quality power tools and offers a wide range of industrial accessories. Makita applies leading-edge innovation to engineer power tools that are more compact and energy efficient, yet deliver industrial strength power and results. Makita U.S.A., Inc. is located in La Mirada, California, and operates an extensive distribution network located throughout the U.S.Makita is Best in Class Engineering.
|Whats in the Box |
Makita T-01389 62-Piece Impact Drill-Driver Bit Set includes:
Injection molded case
(33) 1-inch Driver bit assortment:
|Phillips bits: ||Robertson/Square drive bits: ||Torx bits: ||Slotted bits: |
|(9) 2-inch Driver bit assortment:|
|Phillips bits: ||Robertson/Square drive bits: ||Torx bits: |
|(7) UltraLok black oxide drill bits precision/135° split point 1/4-inch hex shank: |
2 1/16-inch, 3/32-inch, 2 1/8-inch, 3/16-inch, 1/4-inch
(4) Wood boring spade drill bits with spurs:
3/8-inch, 1/2-inch, 5/8-inch, 3/4-inch
(3) 3.5-inch Extended length driver bits:
Phillips bits: 2 Phillips #2
Robertson/Square drive bits: 1 Robertson #2
(3) Magnetic nut drivers:
1/4-inch, 5/16-inch, 3/8-inch
(2) Hex-to-Square socket adapter:
(1) Magnetic bit holder
Top customer reviews
1. As others have mentioned, the variety of bits provided is relatively complete. Multiple lengths of the main driver sizes are appreciated.
2. The case provided is compact, which is appreciated by anyone having to carry tools onto a job site or find room in a toolbox.
3. The case's exterior locking mechanism is secure. I've never had mine open unexpectedly.
1. When using the black bit extension with the small 1" bits, my bits release from the extension rather than the fastener head after I drive a screw. This slows jobs dramatically, especially when the bit drops from the fastener and lands in grass. Further, the extension is impossible to quickly remove and replace within the case.
2. I have had many issues with bits breaking. My 2" #2 Phillips bit broke on it's first screw, and the head on a Robertson twisted off quickly, as well. I accept that bits wear out and need to be replaced, but these bits have worn much faster than my old Dewalt set, which wasn't even "impact rated".
3. After a few uses the tabs within the case that are meant to hold the bits flat (so they don't fall out) have begun to wear out. The spade bits now swing out and release when I open the case if I'm not very deliberate.
Overall I believe this kit has potential for a homeowner using a regular (non-impact) drill/driver, but would not recommend it to a frequent user or the owner of an impact driver.
I know that impact bits are going to wear out somewhat quickly, and I know hex based drill bits make no sense, but I got this kit anyway. It seemed to be a good multi-purpose kit that could be stored in the trunk of a car. Sadly, the tool bits inside the kit are extremely fragile. The 1/8" drill bit broke drilling into pine in a regular drill, not even the hex chucked impact driver. The first time I used a Phillips #2 bit, the tip snapped off. No biggie, they give you 8. Except when I made two decks, I was through the other 7 PH2 bits before I was a quarter of the way done with the job.
After purchasing more bits to fill the holes, I found that the insert holder, the hex chucked tube that magnetically holds the 1" insert bits, would retain the bits after being used. You need pliers to unjam the 1" bits from the insert holder.
So far, the only bits that haven't let me down, are the hole spades. I'm talking about the 3/8, 1/2 etc spade shaped bits that drill large holes in wood. They work, but they're hex chucked!
The latch on the box is flimsy, and as a bonus, if you open this kit wrong, all the bits from the left side fall out. I don't know how well other kits hold up, but this one definitely doesn't.
- Right off the bat when I opened it I was disappointed with the locking mechanism and how difficult it was to open and close...
- in the space that holds the 1/4", 5/16", and 3/8" bits on the left of the top right side, the little cheap plastic pieces had broken off I suppose during transit to my house, so now when I open the case, those parts go flying around and the case never closes all the way without some repositioning.... Since then a few more pieces have broken off just by taking bits out and putting them back in... crappy plastic material
- the strips that hold the standard bits fall out too easily
- it's nearly impossible to get the paddle bits out without having to first unlock the front row of bits and flip them up...
All in all, the only reason I gave this set 2 stars is because it has every bit I need, and they lock onto screws really well. I also like the slim extended bitholder. But I ultimately had to transfer all my bits into my dewalt bitholder case. Poor quality in design, Makita... And tisk tisk postal service for throwing my package around. (no pun intended)
You get what you pay for.
All the little pieces keep falling all over the place. The plastic holders broke quickly or the strips of small bits end up floating around in the case.
This case is worse than the others I have with the small plastic parts breaking and not holding the bits in place.
The bits are great, except that there should be many more long phillips and way fewer cute little bits.