Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $8.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Home Improvement Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- SquareTrade award-winning service is there when you need it, 24/7
- Fast repairs or replacements get you up and running as quickly as possible
- Covers: mechanical and electrical failures during normal use, 100% parts and labor
- 24/7 customer support, free shipping for all repairs, no deductibles or hidden fees
- Cancel anytime, full refund in first 30 days, fully transferable with gifts
Makita XHU02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 22" Hedge Trimmer, Tool Only
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Makita-built motor delivers 1,350 SPM for increased cutting speed
- 22" blade provides increased cutting capacity
- Anti-vibration structure is engineered with five cushions within the motor housing to help minimize vibration
- Battery capacity warning system turns on indicator light and automatically stops motor to notify user when it is time to recharge the battery (Battery and charger sold separately)
- Lower noise level at only 87 dB(A) for improved user comfort (25% quieter than other cordless units)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Makita XRHU02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer (Bare Tool Only)
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 38 inches long.
- Weighs only 7.4 pound with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue.
- 2-handed operation; motor is activated only when the switch and top handle are engaged.
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job.
- Quick blade changes; no need to disassemble the housing.
- Electric brake for increased productivity.
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately).
Makita XRHU02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer (Bare Tool Only)
Up to 75 Minutes of Run Time on a Single Charge (BL1830 on lowest setting)
Landscapers and contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to corded and gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer (model XHU02Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately). With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, the XHU02Z is a welcome solution for trimming applications.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
- Makita-built motor delivers 1,350 SPM for increased cutting speed.
- 22 inch blade provides increased cutting capacity.
- Anti-vibration design (five cushions within the motor housing) helps minimize vibration.
- Battery capacity warning system; motor stops and light goes on indicating battery needs recharging (battery and charger sold separately).
- Lower noise level at only 87 dB(A) for operator comfort.
Convenience and Versatility
The XHU02Z has a Makita-built motor that delivers 1,350 SPM and a 22 in. blade for increased cutting capacity. The XHU02Z will run up to 75 minutes on a single charge using the 18V LXT 3.0Ah Lithium-Ion battery for increased convenience and versatility. Cordless technology also means less noise, and at only 87 dB(A) the XHU02Z is 25% quieter than other cordless hedge trimmers.
Star Protection Computer Controls
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Every Makita Lithium-Ion Power Tool is thoroughly inspected and tested before leaving the factory. If you are not satisfied with any Makita Lithium-Ion tool within 30 days of purchase, return it and Makita will provide, at Makita’s option, a replacement or refund. Each Makita Lithium-Ion Power Tool, Battery and Charger is warranted to be free of defects from workmanship and materials for the period of Three Years from the date of original purchase. Should any trouble develop during the three-year period for the Lithium-Ion Power Tool, Battery and/or Charger, return the Complete Power Tool, Battery and/or Charger, freight prepaid, to one of Makita's Factory or Authorized Service Centers.
If inspection shows the trouble is caused by defective workmanship or material, Makita will repair (or at our option, replace) without charge. This limited warranty does not apply to Makita Accessories.
This limited warranty does not apply where:
- Repairs have been made or attempted by others.
- Repairs are required because of normal wear and tear.
- The Power Tool, Battery or Charger has been abused, misused or improperly maintained.
- Alterations have been made to the Power Tool, Battery or Charger.
- The Power Tool or Charger has been used with a non-genuine or 'knockoff' battery.
In no event shall Makita be liable for (a) any indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages arising from the sale or use of the products sold here under, or (b) any amount in excess of the amount actually paid to Makita for the products sold here under for any liability arising from the sale or use of the products sold here under. This limitation applies both during and after the terms of the warranty.
Makita disclaims liability for any implied warranties, including implied warranties of 'merchantability' and 'fitness for a specific purpose', after the three-year term of this limited warranty.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Some states do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
*Kindly contact customer care/website for further information.
Compare with similar items
BLACK+DECKER LHT2436 40V Cordless Hedge Trimmer, 24"
BLACK+DECKER BEHT100 Hedge Trimmer
Makita XHU04Z 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 25-1/2" Hedge Trimmer, Tool Only
Makita HU06Z 12V Max Cxt Hedge Trimmer Cordless
Makita UH6570 25" Electric Hedge Trimmer
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||10 x 39 x 10 in||7.3 x 39.25 x 7.5 in||30 x 4.5 x 6.3 in||50.6 x 8.7 x 10.3 in||22 x 6.3 x 7 in||9 x 49 x 8.5 in|
Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer (Tool Only) Anti-vibration structure is engineered with five cushions within the motor housing to help minimize vibration Battery capacity warning system turns on indicator light and automatically stops motor to notify user when it is time to recharge the battery Lower noise level at only 87 dB(A) for improved user comfort (25% quieter than other cordless units) Ergonomic design at 38" long with less weight (only 7.4 lbs. with 18V LXT battery - sold separately) 2-handed operation switch is engineered to activate the motor only when the switch and top handle are engaged Improved rubberized soft grip design for maximum user comfort Features a quick blade change, without having to disassemble the housing.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
UPDATE: 6/6/17.....still working strong and such a good, well made, quality tool. If all these tools atre maintained well and you don't abuse them you can pass them down to your kids. I kid thee not fellow travelers! Speaking of which, I spend a ton of time , energy and money on stuff that I buy here on Amazon and other places so, if the review helped, please click?! Thanks folks!
This trimmer cuts better than the corded Black and Decker model it replaced, though to be fair I must add that that tool is 10 years old and probably needs a good sharpening. I'm sure trimmer technology has improved a little in that time too. Still, the Makita trimmer is very impressive for a cordless tool. I do think it cuts better than the other one did even when new. And the battery last a very long time. My batteries are old 3.0's and it ran for a good 25 minutes on a battery. It is also a very safe tool. If either hand comes of it's respective grip the tool shuts down instantly, so there is no way I can see to injure a hand or fingers. It is also comparable to the old corded one in weight, maybe even a little lighter. At least it seems so without having to drag a heavy cord around.
UPDATE - Buy this trimmer without hesitation. It has been several months since I got mine and I like it more and more with every use. If a boxwood twig will fit in it's jaws this tool will cut it. It might take a second or two on the maximum sized ones (average man's pinky finger and down?) but they will be cut.
I already had purchased a Makita drill and impact driver set, so I had a couple Li-Ion batteries available. I didn't like the price of the Makita hedge trimmer WITH additional batteries that I won't need for a couple years, so I bought the bare hedge trimmer.
My wife and I used it for the first time last weekend. It was such a treat to just plug in a battery and hack away at some bushes that were eye-level. It was kinda easy to gracefully trim the bush, absent the stupid cord! It was also nice to lift the battery powered device WITHOUT a cord. It was also nice to be unconcerned about cutting the cord.
As other reviewers have noted, the trimmer is sharp and cut through some woody sections, approximately 5/16" to 3/8" without incident. I did clog the blade one time, but after removing the battery I was able to clear it with a pair of pliers and a little effort.
I've only used the unit one time, but so far, it's a big winner in the solution to my admittedly first-world problem with power cords.
No regrets - I'd do it again!
Overall, battery life is great. Used it for 30 minutes with a 4aH battery with plenty of life left. Cut well for a battery operated device. Doesn't have the power of a gas unit, but that's comparing apples to oranges, so I can't fault it for that.
To make this a 5 star trimmer, remove the thumb/index finger toggle, and give it a trigger lock.