|Item Weight||2.7 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||18.8 x 4.5 x 6 inches|
|Item model number||XLC02RB1W|
|Batteries||1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Charger^Extension Attachement^Floor nozzle^Crevice nozzle^filter^Cloth vacuum filter^18v compact lithium-ion battery|
|Battery Cell Type||Lithium Ion|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Makita XLC02RB1W 18V Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless Vacuum Kit with 2.0 Amp Battery
|Price:||$148.52 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Up to 15 minutes of continuous use from a single fully charged 18V Compact Lithium-Ion battery
- Redesigned floor nozzle for improved maneuverability and debris collection
- Strong suction power for fast and efficient cleaning
- Bagless 2-stage cloth filtration system allows for easier cleaning and quicker debris disposal
- Increased storage capacity for longer time between waste disposal
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 18-3/4" long
- Weighs only 2.7 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Ergonomic soft grip handle provides increased comfort and control
- 18V Compact Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah battery BL1820B provides up to 50% more run time per charge
- 18V Compact Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah battery BL1820B reaches full charge in 25 minutes or less
- 18V Compact Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah battery BL1820B is compatible with 18V LXT Tools
Makita XLC02RB1W 18V LXT Lithium-ion Compact Cordless Vacuum Kit (2.0Ah)
Strong suction power for fast cleaning with more run time
The Makita 18V Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless Vacuum is a compact and powerful solution for fast and efficient cleaning. At only 18-3/4 inch in length this compact vacuum can be used as a 'hand-vac', or with the floor nozzle extension for floors, carpets, and hard-to-reach spaces. The kit includes the fast-charging 18V Compact Lithium-Ion battery and efficient Rapid Optimum Charger.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
- 18V LXT Compact Vacuum (XLC02ZW)
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Compact 2.0Ah Battery (BL1820B)
- 18V Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
- Extension Attachment (451424-7)
- Floor Nozzle (122858-8)
- Crevice Nozzle (451240-7)
- Filter (451208-3)
- Cloth Vacuum Filter (443060-3)
Up to 20 minutes of continuous use from a single fully charged 18V Compact Lithium-Ion battery.
Bagless 2-stage cloth filtration system allows for easier cleaning and quicker debris disposal.
Redesigned floor nozzle for improved maneuverability and debris collection.
Weighs only 2.7 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue.
3 Year Limited Warranty
Every Makita Lithium-Ion Power Tool is thoroughly inspected and tested before leaving the factory. If you are not satisfied with any Makita Lithium-Ion tool within 30 days of purchase, return it and Makita will provide, at Makita’s option, a replacement or refund. Each Makita Lithium-Ion Power Tool, Battery and Charger is warranted to be free of defects from workmanship and materials for the period of Three Years from the date of original purchase. Should any trouble develop during the three-year period for the Lithium-Ion Power Tool, Battery and/or Charger, return the Complete Power Tool, Battery and/or Charger, freight prepaid, to one of Makita's Factory or Authorized Service Centers.
If inspection shows the trouble is caused by defective workmanship or material, Makita will repair (or at our option, replace) without charge. This limited warranty does not apply to Makita Accessories.
This limited warranty does not apply where:
- Repairs have been made or attempted by others.
- Repairs are required because of normal wear and tear.
- The Power Tool, Battery or Charger has been abused, misused or improperly maintained.
- Alterations have been made to the Power Tool, Battery or Charger.
- The Power Tool or Charger has been used with a non-genuine or 'knockoff' battery.
In no event shall Makita be liable for (a) any indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages arising from the sale or use of the products sold hereunder, or (b) any amount in excess of the amount actually paid to Makita for the products sold here under for any liability arising from the sale or use of the products sold hereunder. This limitation applies both during and after the terms of the warranty.
Makita disclaims liability for any implied warranties, including implied warranties of 'merchantability' and 'fitness for a specific purpose', after the three-year term of this limited warranty.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Some states do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
The Makita 18V Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless Vacuum Kit, model XLC02RB1W, is a compact and powerful cordless vacuum with strong suction for fast and efficient cleaning. At only 18-3/4" in length this compact vacuum can be used as a "hand-vac", or with the floor nozzle extension for floors, carpets, and hard-to-reach spaces. The XLC02RB1W is a kit and includes the fast-charging 18V Compact Lithium-Ion battery and efficient Rapid Optimum Charger. It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world's largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Top customer reviews
First, the pros and cons:
1. Lightweight, nice balance
2. Very good suction (not sure about the reviews that complain about the suction, it’s pretty good)
4. Removable and easily sourced Lithium-Ion battery, which is common across many Makita tools
5. Doubles as a dust buster on steroids
6. While the power button/trigger does not lock in the on position, it is well placed and easy to operate.
7. Fast recharge times
8. Good run time
9. Floor tool is not bad on tile and wood floors
10. Reasonably quiet
1. Battery + charger represent more than half the cost of this package (~$95 on AMZ as of this writing)
2. Replacement battery by itself is $60- though with the quality of this battery, may never need to replace it.
3. Dust cup can be opened too easily (just adjusting the floor tool in wrong direction will cause the cup to open)
4. Dust and dirt accumulate on the filter, which makes cleaning/emptying more of a chore. Vacs like the Dyson have the cyclonic/windtunnel action that sends the dirt to a collection area and not necessarily into the filter.
5. Tube sizes are on the small side, so no repurposing tools from other vacs
6. Floor attachment is on the small side too and is not motorized nor has suction-powered beater action (yeah, knew this upfront, but if consider the *value* of a Dyson, this could be a factor). This will have limited use for carpets and area rugs.
7. No HEPA filter (though there is a reviewer with a DIY mod)
8. No included tool ideal for use in the car, other than a crevice tool
9. Plastic is on the cheap side
10. Battery charger is a monster- same pro-grade unit sold for power tools. It has a fan to keep the battery from overheating while its fast charging. It’s a bit hard to classify this as a ‘con’ since it and the battery are the most deluxe thing about the whole package, and disproportionally so.
1. If you are ‘all in’ with Makita tools and have other LXT items, then presumably you already have compatible batteries and charger, so you could opt for the $80 *tool only* model. Or get this and have a spare (2 Ah) battery and rapid charger.
3. I think the Dyson battery powered stick vacs could (and probably do) serve as upright replacements, this is more suited to quick cleanups, and small areas.
4. By far, the best battery/charger combo amongst its peers.
In conclusion, I'll keep it. It won't replace my plug in upright for general duty and carpeting, but fills a niche for quick, spot cleanups and dust buster type work.
After living with this vac for about 3 weeks, I find I use it a lot. The lightweight and small form-factor make it very convenient and not a chore to use at all. My plug-in upright is feeling neglected. I'm leaving the rating at 4-stars, since the dust cup being too easy to open and the dirt accumulation on the filter (#3 and #4 in my Cons in the original review) remain annoying.
It does an adequate job and I am not totally unsatisfied. It certainly is handy, no cord and extremely portable.
There are a couple drawbacks: First, the suction is good, but the volume of air moved is very low. The result is that the floor attachment needs to be completely in flat contact with the floor in order to be effective. If even a corner is raised, the suction volume is not sufficient to maintain air velocity in order to pick up debris. The second drawback is that the floor attachment has a rubber wiper across it's width. The result is that it only picks up when moving forward. Moving back, the wiper merely moves any debris behind the head without actually picking it up.
For me, the convenience outweighs the shortcomings and it is a good, if not great, tool for the job I intended.
Description says this little battery runs only 15min continuously. I was concerned about that, but I have used this for about a week, maybe two without a new charge and use it every day. On the light end, I am using this to suck up spiderwebs, I'm also using it for cleanup of the workspace. When sucking up sawdust (probably a shopvac is better suited) I had to frequently empty the bin as the sawdust filled it quickly. Last thing, the clip that holds the pointer attachment well and hasn't slipped or fallen off at all.
end of day, does the job and works with other Makita LXT devices.