Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Mako Horizontal Magazine Carrier for M16/M4/AR-15
|Price:||$21.33 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$3.62 (15%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Don't be caught reaching for your vest pouch or pockets!
- Lock and load fast and effectively - Simply rotate the magazine 90 degrees, chamber a round and you are ready to engage
- Safe and secure way to carry a gun and magazine together but Not loaded
- Allows for easier visual weapon situational awareness (loaded or unloaded)
- Manufactured with strong, durable, lightweight reinforced polymer
- Insert upper part into magazine well to carry loaded magazine horizontally under weapon for instant use
- Keeps dust and debris out of action
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1: I cannot get a PMAG to fit into the holder no matter what I try. I find the PMAG more reliable than the standard GI issue or E-Landers that Mako also sells.
2: Once you do have a mag in the holder and the holder in the rifle in order to get the mag back in you have to drop and turn the mag 180 DEGREE's to align it with the mag well. This is an absolute no-go.
Correction to #2: I was, well writing this, able to get an E-Lander mag to sit the correct way to do a drop and load cleanly. What a pain considering how long I've had this. Of course I don't trust the E-Lander because of full mag/closed bolt loading issues but that's another review. Because of this I'll take it to 2 stars but no more due to the lack of ability to use very, very common PMAG's.
Of course I've emailed Mako and have gotten zero reply about the use of PMAG's or poly mags with this. I've also attempted reviewing this on their site and they'll never put up a bad review it seems.
So, in summary, if you have a normal aluminum/steel USGI type of mag it's a pretty neat trick to have a mag at the ready without actually having it in the gun (that's a safety point too) so definitely get one of these. BUT, if you have PMAG's, or probably most other type of poly type mags, don't waste your time or money on this.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love it! Fits in the magazine slot perfectly. Holds my magazine perfectly. No trouble using it. Came in great condition. Looks and feels good. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Avid Amazon User
This worked good for my M4, fits snug and never got jammed in the magazine well. It was great for the old metal mags that we used but for my personal mags, they would get snagged... Read morePublished on October 9, 2013 by N. Oliver