The first book starts out with a virus. A nasty killer of a virus. It kills off 98% of the population of earth. In that 2% that were immune is Graham. He buried his parents and his pregnant wife and started to leave his home. But a very sick woman named Hyun-ok appeared with her son, Bang, and she convinced Graham to take her son with him before she died. And so began the journey.
Eventually we learn that there is a community of preppers living in the same area in the mountains as Graham's cabin. The story of these two camps is complicated and dangerous but also heartwarming.
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes adventure, intrigue, roller coaster rides, and some romance.
You don't have to be into the end of the world type of story to enjoy these books. They are about the end of the world but they are also about family and love and surviving anything. I laughed and cried with these people. I loved these people. And I cried when it was over because I will miss these people.
But there is a little hint from the author that maybe someday she would write about them again. I can only hope it's true. In the meantime, they are out there living their lives and someday I will hear about them again." - By sgperry on September 15, 2015
From the Author
- The China Pandemic
- The Cascade Preppers
- The Last Infidels
- The Malefic Nation
- The Bitter Earth (Coming soon!)
- Deception on Durham Road for Perseid Collapse Kindle Worlds
- Departure from Durham Road for Perseid Collpase Kindle Worlds
- Kate's Redemption for Wayward Pines Kindle Worlds
- The French Wardrobe: A Novel
- Surrender the Sun - Bishop's Honor
- Surrender the Sun - Sanctuary
- Surrender the Sun - Point of No Return