Malone Stax Pro2 Universal Car Rack Folding Kayak Carrier (2 Boat Carrier)
|Price:||& FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$34.98 (25%)|
$10.00 extra savings coupon applied at checkout.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Two-boat capacity, stacking kayak carrier system for use on round, square, and most factory oval cross bars
- Octagonal aluminum posts and injection molded nylon platforms for maximum stability
- Proprietary stacker blocks stabilize boats during tie down and cushion boats during transport
- System folds down when not in use for low clearance and fuel economy
- Universal Fit JAWZ Mounting Hardware; tool-free assembly; lifetime warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Malone Stax Pro2 universal car rack dual kayak carrier is our newest design, combining the value of a stacker and the convenience of fold down technology. The newly designed Stacker Blocks stabilize and protect your boats while in use. The Stax Pro2 has all the straps, blocks, and tie-downs needed to securely transport two kayaks. With additional straps and padding, this carrier can be used to transport up to 4 boats stacked side by side on virtually any vehicle or trailer cross rail system.
The Stax Pro2 from Malone provides an efficient, economical, and safe way to transport two kayaks on factory oval or aftermarket round or square load bars. The Stax Pro2 system features a set of octagonal aluminum posts that mount directly to the rooftop load bars to support the boats, as well as stacker blocks to cradle and stabilize the boats on the bars, 12-foot load straps to secure the boats to the posts, and 12-foot tie downs to secure the boats at their bows and sterns. Thanks to universal-fit JAWS mounting hardware, the posts install to the load bars without tools. Built for a lifetime of use, the aluminum posts and their injection-molded nylon platforms are rust resistant. The posts fold down easily for low clearance and to improve fuel economy when the system is not in use. The foam stacker blocks cradle the boats to both absorb road shock during transit and to stabilize the boats during transport. The combination of sturdy, cam-style H.D. polypropylene load straps and bow and stern tie-downs keeps the boats wobble-free on the road. The Stax Pro2 system comes with all hardware, straps, safety tie-downs, and blocks to carry two kayaks. With additional straps and padding, this carrier can be used to transport up to four boats, stacked side by side, on virtually any vehicle or trailer cross rail system.
- Strong and stable folding aluminum octagon shaped posts
- Four foam Stacker Blocks hold boats in place during loading and tie down and cushion from the cross bar during transport
- Individual strap slots for two kayak transport
- Folds down for better aerodynamics and low clearance when not in use
- Universal Fit JAWZ Mounting Hardware works with round, square and most factory oval cross bars
- Can assemble or transfer to another vehicle in minutes with "No Tools Required"
- Rust resistant construction
- 12-foot cam style H.D. polypropylene load straps
- 12-foot Bow and Stern safety tie-downs
- Lifetime warranty
- Capacity: two kayaks from 70 to 80 pounds each and up to 32 inches wide
- Dimensions: 5 by 5 by 20 inches (LxWxH)
- Frame construction: Aluminum and Nylon
What's in the Box?
- Two folding vertical Stax Pro carriers
- Two universal JAWZ fit mounting blocks
- Four foam Stacker Blocks
- Four 12-foot cam buckle straps
- One 9-foot cam buckle strap
- Four bow and stern safety tie-downs
- Eight 40 and 50-millimeter mounting bolts and T-knobs
User Manual [PDF ]
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 21.8 x 8.8 x 7 inches; 8.1 Pounds
- Item model number : MPG115MD
- Department : Unisex-adult
- Date First Available : October 19, 2010
- Manufacturer : Malone Auto Racks
- ASIN : B0047THVIO
Best Sellers Rank:
#131,352 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #93 in Bike Car Rack Accessories
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have a 2011 Subaru Outback with factory roof rack and crossbars. I used this product to haul a Wilderness Systems Pamlico 135T (~75 lbs) and an Emotion Tide (10' 3", ~50 lbs) while going on vacation. INSIDE the kayaks I carried 4 fishing rods, 4 paddles, 4 PFDs, and my fishing tackle box. When I put the kayaks on the car I simply rolled them so the cockpits faced each other and wasn't worried about the things inside falling out.
The kayaks were well secured while traveling at interstate speeds to our vacation spot over 250 miles away.
I did need two people to get the kayaks set onto the racks and held there while securing them if following directions. This was less necessary when loading up for the return trip, but holding the 13.5' tandem vertical while also strapping it to the sticks is a little tough.
The kit comes with two sets of bolts of different lengths for use with crossbars of different widths. Even the short bolt ends were pretty close to the paint for the front crossbar. I plan to buy a slightly shorter set of bolts for future use, but the ones supplied with the kit worked out fine.
Another thing I will say-using this for one kayak is a bit tough. If you're only going to be transporting one kayak, I'd recommend a different system, but for two, this is the most economical (and in my opinion, best) route to go.
One final note-I think it would be incredibly hard to load kayaks on this by yourself. You definitely need someone to hold the kayak steady while someone else tightens the straps. I'm not sure if there are other racks that you could load kayaks on by yourself, but I wouldn't try it with this one. Don't get me wrong-you don't need two burly men to get it done. My girlfriend is 100 lbs and skinny and I'm average sized, and we have no problem getting them loaded. It's more about having someone to just guide the kayaks and make sure they don't tip, but doesn't require a lot of strength or anything.
I recommend this if you want to be able to move kayaks on a tall vehicle and still be able to park in your garage.
Holds 2+ kayaks on the vehicle.
Folds down when not in use.
Easy to install and easy to use.
Fits most styles of crossbars.
Comes with pads to protect kayaks.
Straps dont hold tension well. Need to be replaced with ratchetting straps.
Cannot be used to hold kayaks flat, only on their side.
Does not have great tenion on my oval-shaped crossbars. Better for square xbars.
Straps pass through slits that limit strap use to 1" wide straps and dont allow space for twists.
Note: Loop the strap around your xbar multiple time before tightening or it will move outward and allow the yak to move as well.