Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

• Mame
  • Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 288 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 523 reviews
on October 30, 2016
I love Lucy. I always have. She was special and one of a kind. I don't care that this musical didn't do well with critics. I love it because it has Lucille Ball, a legendary performer, in it. She makes MAME worth watching with her wit and beauty and comedic timing and charm. She wears the most beautiful costumes in this movie and the scenery is breathtaking. It's a touching, fun story, too. It's a comedy musical and I watch it all the time because it makes me smile and feel warm and happy inside, which not too many movies make me feel these days. I miss the days when you could see a movie without cursing in it and a movie with heart and warmth and lots of laughs. This is a very special movie and watching Bea Arthur and Lucille Ball together is a real hoot. They make a great pair in this movie. Robert Preston is such a sexy, handsome man whom I love watching in Victor/Victoria. He adds a special something to the film as do the other actors/actresses. It's just a fun, enjoyable film to watch.
on May 1, 2016
I have always enjoyed seeing this fun filled, action packed well produced Musical. The acting/singing, and story line just keep one continually on their toes and what a wonderful way to spend a casual afternoon or evening. Lucile Ball just brings all her many sides to the forefront highlighting her multi-talent's. You will catch yourself laughing one minute, and the next be astounded by a loving elegant lady. The music far exceeds one's expectation, but the numbers just draw the whole story line together. I find myself singing the title song over and over for what other way can one lift up their spirits than to just want to be there singing along with them. The producer has accomplished one of the masterpiece classical musicals of all time that needs to be seen by all those that love a good clean story line that can inspire even those non musical lovers out there. In the words of a non musical person "Be Happy". Life is to short to have missed one of the most beloved musical productions of this century. Run, rush and hurry up to make this a have to to your Video Library.
on May 18, 2017
I was one of those snobs who sneered when Lucy played Mame. Finally I decided that the music was just too wonderful, and Lucy was her delightful self in the role. It's better if you don't compare it with the earlier Auntie Mame which has more of the story but none of the delightful songs. Bea Arthur is the perfect Vera Charles. The "Bosom Buddies" scene is hilarious.
on October 29, 2016
This is super cheesy but fun, and Lucille Ball is perfect, in my opinion. I love that Auntie Mame is played by an older woman - which makes sense as Patricks aunt. Ball is funny and grand but she also comes across as warm. You can see how she loves the boy. I've watched snippets from teh Landsbury Broadway production of youtube, and I really didn't think it was better. The cheesy part - well, the whole story especially the second half when Patrick is older. But there are some great songs and the clothes are fabulous.
on September 12, 2016
I had seen this movie when it first came out. Great to see it again. Great production numbers and songs. Worth having to watch whenever in the mood for a good movie/musical.
on June 6, 2017
I just did not like this production of Mame. It was slow and boring.
on September 2, 2016
I love classic movies like this one. I especially like it because in this Mame Lucille Ball was spectacular.
on January 16, 2017
Outstanding laughable old classic!!!!!!!!!!!!
on June 5, 2017
Lucille Ball is stunning. One could only wish for an Aunt as magical as her. It was great to see her looking beautiful and not playing the fool with Desi Arnez. I enjoyed the singing and dancing in this movie immensely. The story of Mame is unique and the supporting actors were also very good.
on April 30, 2015
I give Mame FIVE STARS, and they are ALL for Bea Arthur's performance as Vera Charles. Lucy doesn't sing. Very strange casting. I love Lucy, but not in this. Robert Preston did do a wonderful job singing the title song, and it was a relief that he was doing all of the singing. I wish I could have been blessed enough to have seen the play on Broadway with Angela and Bea! I would like to re-write history and see Bea as Mame in the movie. Wow.