|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $6.00 (60%)
The Man Who Built Boxes and other stories Kindle Edition
|Length: 240 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The characters are amazing. Some are like strangers I've seen from a distance in my own life. Some are friends I've know forever. Some are former girlfriends and lovers. All are flawed.
The writing is almost poetic and the emotions that well up in most of these stories were very real to me. You feel for these people. No the stories don't have a neat little ending and that's the point. Does your life? Do all your adventures, if you're having any, wrap up neat and tidy? Or like me, are the experiences you have sometimes leaving you with more questions than answers?
Read these stories. Apply them to your own life and see if you don't enjoy this collection as much as I did.
Happy Reading - Sasquatch!
Writing a perfect first chapter shows nothing except that the author himself doesn't want to take the time to figure out what happens next, or doesn't have the skill to write an entire, cohesive novel.
Short stories, like longer novels, need a resolution. Most of these had none.
I kept thinking of Harry Harlow's monkeys. Damaged, needy, wanting. The rescuer in me kinda wants to help them; the pragmatist knows better.
I usually am not a fan of short stories. I hate their too frequent predictability served with the uber obligatory lump of morality or teaching moment.
This is not that.
These stories are written by a very sharp cookie. Fun, fun, fun. Memorable and believable, even when the believable line is crossed.
I don't want to meet any of the characters, or hang out with them. But, wow! This book's a keeper.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Literary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > United States > Short Stories