- File Size: 3823 KB
- Publication Date: July 17, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B074164NMC
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Man Candy Kindle Edition
|Word Wise: Enabled|
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
In essence, this book feels like an adult book with an erotic plot that was slapped onto a couple of 15 year old hormonal teenagers that manage to have adult sex scenes. Grant and Kendra’s relationship can basically be summarized as manipulation, shaming, jealousy, and irrational behavior. The high school relationship games continue throughout the whole book. Just when you think that maybe they can sort through some problems as adults – nope – just a setup for another over the top irrational argument. I can understand some of the hot and cold actions in the beginning but the characters never changed, never learned and kept escalating the toxic behavior for negative reactions in each other. Both Grant and Kendra flirt with other people in front of each other to get the other ‘jealous’ but Grant takes this up a notch when he decides to break it off with Kendra and get into another relationship IMMEDIATELY. He then proceeds to blame Kendra for why he couldn’t keep his pants zipped and that he didn’t mean to sleep with the other woman. Right. <insert eye roll here> That’s why he kept doing it of course. When Grant and Kendra decide to get back together – the other woman just seems to ‘disappear’ as convenient to the plot.
I don’t understand how the author was trying to show that these two people loved each other because I didn’t see any loving behavior displayed anywhere. When it came time to ‘resolve’ the issues – it was over in 2 pages. All these high school games over in a snap but not really addressed as adults. It was rushed. The characters emotional development was stunted, juvenile, and toxic. The secondary characters weren’t any better. The author kept telling the readers the characters were falling in love or already in love but nowhere did any of their actions actually support this theory and show it. Since this book was based on Kendra working in Grant’s candy sex toy shop – I was expecting the shop to be exploited for a developing relationship and hot sex scenes and I was let down there too. Such a disappointment.
He's a total jerk, yet she falls in love with him? Keeps going back to him time and time again? There is a difference between loving someone and just being weak. She repeatedly allows herself to be used and treated like trash, but "just can't stay away". Sigh.
They play these childish mind games, with no consideration for the other people they could be hurting, just to keep one upping each other...and yet they claim to love each other? What?
This book was just ridiculous. Highs and lows, ups and downs, back and forth, I love u, I hate...literally every other page, I kid you not. Every book needs some conflict - this book needed about 75% less conflict, a woman with a backbone, and adults who can have an honest conversation.
Then, the big "epiphany" comes when Grant realizes that Kendra is jealous. He is SHOCKED that she's jealous and claims that he never did anything to make her feel that way when the ENTIRE book is based around him making her jealous and striving to get a rise out of her. And Kendra keeps going back like a lost puppy searching for a home. Why? He's not even decent to her, much less kind or loving. If someone treated me that way, they'd be getting an up close view of my angry eyebrows.
This book was just so frustrating - I didn't like either of the main characters (they both suck), the sex was meh, and the plot will have you slapping yourself 10 minutes in. I tried, I really did. I read the whole book to give it a shot, and am now irritated with myself that I wasted my time. I hate reading unsatisfying books. I don't expect Shakespeare, but this? No. Just no.
Most recent customer reviews
I laughed, felt frustrated, and even turned on.
Grant had problems letting go of the past. I get it really I do but come on.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Holidays
- Books > Romance > Military
- Books > Romance > New Adult & College
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Books > Romance > Sports
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Classics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Sagas
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Holidays
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Sports