- File Size: 1848 KB
- Print Length: 576 pages
- Publisher: Sarah O'Rourke Books (July 25, 2016)
- Publication Date: July 25, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01HR7O0NG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #204,082 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $11.00 (73%)
Man of Honor (Passion in Paradise Book 4) Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Silent Corner" by Dean Koontz
A dazzling new series, a pure adrenaline rush, debuts with Jane Hawk, a remarkable heroine certain to become an icon of suspense. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
I was introduced to Sarah O’Rourke and this series, Passion in Paradise: The Men of the McKinnon Sisters, in June of 2014, and I became an instant fan. I was immediately hooked by this quirky town, the interesting and refreshing cast of characters and the exciting, sexy stories. But the characters and the story that called to me the most was that of the youngest McKinnon sister, Honor, and the patient, unwavering love that Zeke Monroe, Paradise’s sheriff, had for this severely traumatized woman. I think Sarah O’Rourke will tell you that I was the most vocal of their fans in expressing my desire for this book. Ok, ok, so a little bit of stalking and perhaps some “bearly” – intentional misspelling – disguised begging for Zeke and Honor’s story may have happened on occasion. Or often. Alright already, it happened a lot.
“We’re not going backwards, baby. We struggle through this…together. If things get hard, we fight harder.”
This book has been something I’ve built up in my mind over the course of the last two years and through the release of the five books in this series that have lead up to it, so my expectations were sky high. I’ve said on more than one occasion, upon learning this book would be released this year, that Man of Honor, was my most highly anticipated book of 2016. I was not joking. So it thrills me to be able to say that this book not only lived up to the hype I created in my mind, but it surpassed it and was more than I hoped it would be.
“Baby, the one thing you can count on is that as long as I’m breathing, I will always come for you, Honor. Always.”
Honor McKinnon survived a nightmare at the tender age of 16. A kidnapping and brutal gang rape robbed this young woman of more than just her innocence; it robbed her of her sense of self, her feelings of safety and of her sexuality. The attack left behind a woman with physical and emotional scarring so deep, she was certain she’d never dig her way out. It would take six long years of constant and steadfast pursuit by Zeke Monroe and the persistent, unrelenting and unending love that he had for Honor that would ultimately lead her out of her nightmare.
“Where you lead I follow, Kitten. Whether it’s to the hospital, into the pits of Hell, or straight through the Pearly Gates of Heaven, I am always going to be one step behind you. You’re never gonna get away from me, Honor. Never.”
It was breathtaking and astounding to witness the love that this man had for this woman. Considering that it never progressed beyond friendship, despite the very obvious fact that he was desperately in love with her, it was nearly unfathomable that he waited for her, that he stood by her side, ever hopeful and always understanding, just waiting for Honor to catch up with him. He never lost faith that she’d get there, but after six years and considering the danger still swirling around her, he couldn’t help but give her a nudge.
“In life, there are days that shape a person into who they will become while trying their spirit, strength and determination. These are the moments where a person is tested and forced to prove their mettle.”
While she was furious at first with what she said was his high-handedness, it wasn’t long before Honor realized Zeke was right to push her gently in this direction. Experiencing Honor go through the process of confronting what happened to her was many things. It was devastating, it was painful, but it was also encouraging and uplifting. Witnessing this young woman’s awakening, and the courage she drew up to not only relive what was done to her, but to deal with it so she could heal and move on from it, was so emotional and inspirational. In the midst of all of this pain and heaviness, unbelievably, there were also those moments of hilarity that this fantastic author duo are so well known for. I mean, it wouldn’t be a Sarah O’Rourke novel without a taste of their wicked sense of humor, and trust me, it’s there.
“Aren’t the poets always sayin’ that love is more of a show and less of a tell? Show me, Ezekiel… Show me how much you love me and I’ll try to do the same.”
This book was so many things for me, and I enjoyed it so thoroughly. To have wanted this book for so long, to have waited almost two years for it, to have built it up in my head and to have it exceed my expectations? That is the greatest feeling EVER. Well-written, warm, heartening, inspiring, Sarah O’Rourke delivered a phenomenal novel with a very sensitive story line in a way that was respectful and genuine. They did it while being true to their characters and peppering the book with their trademark snarky sense of Southern humor. It was romantic and sexy and loving and I positively adored every single word of this amazing book. Without hesitation, Man of Honor by Sarah O’Rourke gets 5 smooches from me.
“…you are the owner of all my tomorrows and the keeper of my future. Every time I stare into your eyes, I see all my hopes and dreams coming true.”
~ Danielle for Red Cheeks Reads
Honor still has two of the five men who brutally attacked her out there. One seems to be back, causing cut brake lines and other mischief. Zeke has declared her life in harm and put her in his protective custody. Though she worries what the town will think with him living there and them not being married, he could care less. And if the way she clings to him after her nightly terrors or the passionate kisses he's been getting are anything to go buy, it would seem she doesn't care either. But when he stages an intervention she feels he's has crossed the line and kicks him out, opting for the newest town additional, a former drug lord, to live with her, on the couch of course. Is it so long Sheriff or will her come around??
- “I don’t want a roommate,” she grumbled a minute later as she lowered her head and stared at him with a wrinkled nose. “Me either; I want a wife, but we’re all being forced to make compromises for the cause,” Zeke shared lightly, chuckling aloud when Honor shot him a look that promised a grim death if he used the word ‘wife’ again.
- “An a$$hat?”“If the sombrero fits, amigo,” Diego murmured as he directed an evil grin toward the other man.
- But I wanna try to be normal for you.” ... “Stop right there, Kitten. There’s something I need you to understand and that’s that normal is just a cycle on the dishwasher that doesn’t even get the plates clean half the time.”
- Prince Charming is only interested in finding happily-ever-after with his fair and untouched princess. First, Ezekiel isn't that superficial; if you asked him, he'd tell you that prince fella was a pansy. And second, he knows good and well that I don't believe in fairy tales."
- “The unknown usually is both scary and intimidating. It doesn’t mean it isn’t worth exploring.
- I may never forgive you for convincing my husband to join your breastmilk brigade. I love my kids, but seriously, I miss my tequila,”
- “Okay, I’ll tell her, but if doves start flying out of her a$$, I’m blamin’ you, wedding day or not,” her outspoken sister replied.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have been waiting on this story forever ever since I meet Zeke and Honor in the previous stories.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Thrillers
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Westerns
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Thrillers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Westerns