Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on March 22, 2012
There were no reviews of this light when I first purchased it, so I was a little hesitant, but I took a chance on this light and I'm glad I did! Don't let the lack of a description fool you on this one. So lets get right to it, why did I give this a five star after owning it for only 2 days?

1. I have owned other grill lights and this just looks and feels rugged.
2. Most of the light is constructed of aluminum and rubber, the only plastic is on the head. (not worried if I forget to put it away)
3. It has a magnetic base which is pretty nice
4. Has a strong adjustable screw clamp with pivoting head for uneven surfaces.
5. WIth 12 LED lights you can actually see the entire grill
6. This is not your neighbors grill light.
7. This light is larger than what you may expect from the picture, much larger than I expected.
8. Flexible arm is 2 feet long, so it's out of the way when you don't need it!

I have high hopes for the longevity of this light, looks like this one just might make it.

**UPDATE** 7/12/2013- This light has held up quite nicely. I use it often and find myself using it around the house when i need a free hand and some light. Would give another star if I could.

**UPDATE** 6/27/2014- Still looks and works great!
174 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on September 30, 2013
This light is made with dome type LEDs that are highly focused. This results in a bright focal area approximately 7x5 inches in size. Inside this focal area the light is adequate - bight enough to read. Outside this area in the penumbra, the light intensity falls off to something like the light produce by a half moon - not useful. So when using this you will be constantly adjusting the direction of the light beam to focus on one hamburger at a time. Such a pain that I think you would be better off with other solutions. Therefore I returned mine.

The construction quality is top-notch. Elegant design incorporates the 3 AAA batteries in the fat part of the clamp. I tested the time to end-of-battery life and got 4.5 hours from my new Sanyo Eneloop batteries.

The gooseneck measures 21.5 inches from ferrule to ferrule. The opening of the clamp will grab an object 65mm (2.5") thick.
52 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
I mostly utilize this on the grill with the magnet for attachement. I think it could be a touch brighter and less directional, but it gets the job done. The flexible neck helps out significantly to keep the light out of your way, but on the grill. Magnet mounts on the bottom, or screwable clamp provides lot of options. It runs on 3 batteries similar to many flashlights. The switch is difficult if you are wearing BBQ gloves, but it is great to be able to actually see your meat on the grill in the dark.

Pros:
Mounting options
long flexible neck that curls well for storage

Cons:
Very directional light
Limited brightness.

I would buy it again, but I would also look for something that spreads the light around a bit more. I can see one side of the grill, but have to move it to see the other.
on February 14, 2015
Bought 2 in mid January, to replace a slightly different version of a set I have had for 7 years. These are not as sturdy, nor weather resistant, or 'as good' as the previous versions, imo.

The metal stalks are flimsy and maybe too 'tall' for regular use/bending/folding down.

And of course, one unit works fine and the other unit is already 'dead'; the 'Return Window' from Amazon for this product is 30 days, so I can't return the 'dead one', naturally.

The screw on works fine, but the light head, while bright, is very suspectible to moisture and a shorting out connection, imo.

If you get one, or a set that works for awhile, feel lucky. These are junky and doubtful they will give service over any extended time period even if you protect them from the weather. Still looking for a very good clip on, sturdy, weather resistant grill light; it is like looking for unicorns.
GL, Ol'UncleMotor
on January 16, 2014
I have had this light for about 2 months now. I have used it around 15 times...roughly. The beam is a tad too narrow but not narrow enough to not be useful. The only complaint I have, if it even counts as one, is that the screw mount on mine does not close all the way. It isn't a big deal but due to the table sides on my grill being rather thin it does not clamp down tightly. I solved this by using a small section of paint stick and put that in between the top clamp and the top of the table. It is on nice and tight and I do not have to worry about it blowing off.
Some have talked about the button being weak but I have to totally disagree. It feels to be very good quality, there is a crisp "CLICK" and the rubber on top feels fairly thick as well.
I am curious how it will do in the harsh Vegas summer.
I would highly recommend this light to anyone in my area. We get very little rain so I am not sure how it would hold up to that but if I had to guess I would said fairly well.
on April 27, 2012
Looking for a quality yet affordable BBQ light, I came across this model from Man Law. Based on the reviews, I liked the way it attached to the grill and the amount of light it emitted for the number of LEDs. I have already used it several times and am pleased with how well it works. It seems to hold up well so far to the heat too.
31 people found this helpful
on August 23, 2013
I've had a variety of grill lights over the years. Some clip on the side of the grill, others attach to the handle, etc. This light has both a vice-like attachment that allows it to attach to the side panels of my Weber grill however it also has super strong magnets that securely anchor it to the metal burner control area. The lights are LED and are super bright, giving me plenty of light to allow me to see what I'm cooking. The base and flexible neck are sturdy metal while the light head/assembly is durable plastic. The flexible neck is nice and stiff so the light doesn't move once you position but it does swing easily so that you can focus the light where you want it or out of the way when you want to close the lid. This is one of the best, well made grill lights I've had the pleasure of owning. Recommended!
on April 12, 2017
Have had this light for 3+ years. It has been outside that whole time no tarp no protection and still works better than anything else I have tried! Yes the Goose neck arm has rusted, but still works! Have not had any issues. Nice to be able to move light around as needed.
review image
on January 1, 2016
Great little grill light. My only complaint is the power button is on the base which I mount at the rear of my side shelf, making it an awkward reach. On the light portion would make the button more accessible. However, I do like the light. It is true in light color so the meats are not blue-grey. I like the flexible arm which puts the light right where I want it.
on March 31, 2014
This light is currently being used on a Big Green Egg grill that sits on our deck. Since we often get home after dark we needed a way to see what we were doing. The deck light is partially blocked so a light on the grill was a necessity. This light attaches to the shelves on the egg and provides a great deal of light in a nice weather resistant design. I leave it connected to the grill regardless of the weather and so far it's held up (albeit I have not used it for long). I really like the ability to bend the light to meet my needs versus a fixed light on a handle (which I've owned in the past). Hopefully it holds up.