Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno Industrial Deals

on January 28, 2017
This isn't just for guys--I read this book cover-to-cover today (while at an all-day swim meet...) and really enjoyed it. I knew ahead of time that it was going to be more of a daily devotion type of book, which is fine with me. I appreciated his honestly about his faith and his values and how that affects his life (ie, no non-family women allowed on his bus, no drinking on it, etc--hey, he could write a song about that!). It's so refreshing to see a man who doesn't shy away from being clear about the committment he has to his wife and sons, especially since so many female fans are crazy about him (girls, let him be!). He obviously has a lot of self-awareness and is able to look back and see God's hand in situations that may have felt so opposite of what he felt he was called to do--so to point out that God's way (ie, when he had to rest his vocal chords for a year) ended up being better than anything he would have done on his own, can really bring hope to other people going through rough situations. It's hard when we can't see the big picture, but if we hang in there, we can usually see the good in it. And although I didn't care for his stories about hunting, this was a story about his life, not mine. I recently saw him in concert and it was so uplifting and encouraging. I pray that he has continued success in all he does.
on June 5, 2014
I read this because I'm a fan of Josh Turner, and I love the fact that he's so unashamed of his faith. As soon as I started reading, I couldn't put the book down, and read it in 90 minutes. As I read, I thought of men that I know who would benefit from the wisdom of this young man, and immediately bought 2 more copies. The thoughts are short, just one or two pages long, and not at all preachy. He simply states his thoughts, as if one would state that grass is green. You can agree or disagree, like it or not, but grass is green. These are his thoughts, and I found them to be quite profound at times. This book would be a great graduation gift for young men, as they head out to make their way in the world. As a woman, I found many of these thoughts to be useful as well.
on May 7, 2014
I am a HUGE Josh Turner fan and I'm probably not too objective because I would like almost anything he does. He has an incredible singing voice and having followed his career, I have known what type of man/son/husband/father family man he is. I appreciate his including scripture with his stories and hope readers will look up the scriptures themselves. Josh is truly an old soul when listening to the songs he writes. He is a deep thinker. I just wish he had finished the story of the elk and told how he got that huge body out of the mountains. Maybe in another book? At 35 years old, the book is hardly an autobiography.
on July 17, 2017
I really enjoyed this book. It shows tidbits about his life growing up and how they shaped him into the man he is today. He talks about how important his family and faith are to him. A great book for fans of his music and anyone needing some inspiration. Great read
on September 21, 2016
I like Josh Turner as a musician and wanted to check out this book as I had heard about it somewhere along the line. I liked reading it and thought there are sensible messages in it. Helps me to have a better appreciation for Josh and his humble life style. Would recommend checking it out
on June 21, 2014
Knowing the reading likes and dislikes of men, I like the brief but very pointed chapters. Also I appreciate Josh just being himself and sharing his Faith in Christ. He was not afraid to tell where he fell short as well as where God did remarkable things in answer to prayer.
Being a pastor for a little over 52 years I have found a book that I have recommended to our two sons who are pastors, and to my senior pastor. My wife and I were in a Christian bookstore today owned by a friend. I mentioned the book to him and he looked it up and ordered some for his store.
Josh, I also love your music. Naturally it all started with "Long Black Train." I trust our paths might cross on our Earthly pilgrimage, and if not here, then in His glorious presence. One of my late in life things (now 74) is taking folks to the Holy Land every 2 or 3 years. Lord willing we will be heading back in October 2014!
God bless you and your family and kinfolk.
Pastor Jerry W. Hunter; Associate Pastor of Greenville Alliance Church; 63 Conneaut Lake Road ; Greenville, PA. 16125
on June 4, 2014
The book was great. Turner organized it into short (1-2 page) anecdotes, each focusing on a single aspect or time in his life. I got it for myself, as a Josh Turner fan (I'm not a father... ha), but still enjoyed it and am excited for my husband to read it. I really enjoyed getting to know more about his personal life as well as the lessons you can learn from God in the smallest, most simplistic everyday events. Made me like Josh Turner even more.
on July 5, 2014
I am the ultimate Josh Turner fan (having attended 10 concerts in 2 years and owning everything he has released), so I may not be completely unbiased. I pre-ordered this book so I would get it as soon as it was released and read it in one day. It is written in the format of a devotional with short anecdotes focusing on a particular life lesson. Josh's character as a family-man and devoted Christian shine through the pages of the book. His insights provide encouragement to the reader, and I think it would be especially beneficial for new dads to help them develop as a parent, husband and man of God in today's challenging environment. The only drawback is that is was too short and ended abruptly...maybe another book in the not too distant future???? Reading this book just made me admire Josh Turner even more. Congratulations on the impending arrival of son #4, Josh.
on May 20, 2017
This is the neatest little faith based book for a beginner believer! The he man of the family. The book is honest and down to earth!
on November 8, 2014
If I was more familiar with Josh Turner and was an actual fan, I'm sure I would have loved this book, probably given 5 stars. And it's great to see someone follow his passion and trust God as Josh describes in this book as he shares many of the truths he's learned. I liked the book. I like Josh Turner more from reading the book. I agreed with pretty much everything he shared. But as a standalone book read by someone looking for deeper insights into biblical manhood (like another person's perspective like "Fathered by God") the book doesn't fulfill that high hope or aspiration.