- File Size: 4693 KB
- Print Length: 735 pages
- Publisher: Pauline Books and Media; 1 edition (June 24, 2011)
- Publication Date: June 24, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B005F1Q7EW
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#149,170 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #11 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology > Anthropology
- #67 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology > Anthropology
- #75 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Bible Study & Reference > Biographies > Popes & the Vatican
Man and Woman He Created Them Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
"Theology of the Body" is thus a profound theological work that I highly recommend to pastors, teachers, and educated laymen. Be aware: it's not an easy read! But a patient and thoughtful reading of "Theology of the Body" will, in time, become a blessing to the reader. One of the reasons it remains such a timely work is that it confronts some of the Gnostic tendencies in the Church today that spiritualize things and tend to downplay the significance and basic goodness of the body. At a time when humanistic and distorted views of human sexuality and identity abound, "Theology of the Body" provides an intelligent and profound rationale for the biblical, Christian meaning of sex, the body, and being made in the image of God.
While Protestants may think that a work written by a Pope would be too Roman Catholic for them, in reality "Theology of the Body" is a work for the whole Church and all Christians. The book is filled with profound and rare insight into who God is and who man is. It will help to complete the theology of most Christian readers and also has important practical implications.
Because the book was originally an extended series of lectures at times it can be unwieldy and difficult to comprehend. Sometimes it's difficult to understand what the Pope means in certain sections, since his writing is often dense. In spite of the difficulty in reading, it's well worth the effort. Because of the depth and difficulty of the work, some have found it beneficial to also read "Theology of the Body for Beginners" by Christopher West.
However, I did run into an issue with the binding. Just half way through reading it (after 2 months ownership), the binding cracked in multiple locations and pages fell out. None of my other books have this problem, including books I've owned for years from other publishers, but perhaps my copy was just defective. If publishers are reading this, an offering of hard cover would be nice. A work of such great importance for our time deserves a high quality binding. Thank you!
The book covers why men and women compliment each other, why women can't be priests - the Bride and the Bridegroom analogy, sex as a procreative and unitive act (for babies and bonding) in the context of marriage and that people don't want to be used. We are to be a gift to each other (male and female) in marriage. Outside of marriage, sex is counterfeit - for using each other only.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology > Anthropology
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology > Apologetics
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Catholicism > Popes & the Vatican
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology > Anthropology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology > Apologetics