Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 572 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 808 reviews
on October 29, 2015
This book is an excellent read for those working from home, or for those within a business who have control over their own time management. If you feel like you're stressing yourself out over the little things, this book will bring you back to see the bigger picture, and why those little things may be helping or harming your productivity. This book was a great motivator for myself. This was also my first audio book and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to these readers whilst going for my routine run.

The second book to this non-fiction trilogy; "Maximize your potential", is not as good, but still inspiring. Some parts of both these books are a little repetitive, but I like the fact that you have a collective of authors and quotes, making the content easier to digest.
on November 7, 2015
This whole series of books is well conceived and executed. The chapters are concise, fast and well edited. For anyone who wants to learn from some of the top performing business and creative individuals in the country, these are great books to learn from. The key factor of these books is that they teach you on what's important in moving forward in your life, not just in your career or in your creativity. In today's economy, we all need to be self-directed and gain the expertise of what we want out of life. Purpose and meaning are what we should all be doing, forging expertise and a life worth living. Anything less than that is a waste of time and more importantly, a waste of your life. I'd recommend the whole series of these books to anyone who wants to fight through the fear of change and the growing cultural phenomenon of having our lives taken over by technology.
on May 22, 2014
This is chicken soup for the creative soul. Brief inspirational essays that offer opportunity to.reflect on one's creative endeavors. All are aimed at supporting the transition of would be professionals at making the transition to becoming a creative professional. Worth a read, but ultimately a light read. To get the most out of it, read. through once and then again, writing or drawing the resonant elements of each essay and review that work from time to time.
on October 6, 2013
This is the most valuable of the books I've read on managing one's day and being more productive. I had been trying for years to organize my day and my week to get more writing in. Before I was halfway through reading Manage Your Day-To-Day, I had come up with a new schedule that worked.

I also appreciated how slim the book was. Several of the books I've bought on time management might be better, but because they were longer and I never had time to read them, they were useless to me. Manage Your Day-To-Day can be picked up and read in snippets, five minutes here and ten minutes there. There's nothing superfluous: You get a basic idea and perhaps a bit of expansion on it. No pages of examples from the lives of other people who didn't share the same time problems that I have, as many other books fill up their pages.

I recommend this book to all writers who want to be the most creative they can with limited time. (It even helped me find time I didn't know I had by changing how I looked at my day and its possibilities.)
"Manage Your Day-To-Day" was the first book I read and reviewed for my blog (Mad Man Thoughts)—and I was not disappointed. Anyone who knows me or follows my blog knows that I'm an unorganized person whose mind is constantly drowned in abstract thought and incomplete reflection. I felt like this book was written specifically for me. Behance—the company behind this book and the 99U program—interviewed a plethora of intelligent, witty, creative people and gathered their insights and strategies for building a routine, finding focus, managing new technology, pushing through creative blocks, and taking your skills and talents to the next level. I highly recommend this book to anyone who struggles to get organized, focus on the task at hand, and/or finish creative projects. This book flows well and is very easy to read (it's also visually appealing, even on a Kindle Paperwhite E-reader - Black, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers). The only downside of this book is that it does not go into great depth on any of the tactics or strategies mentioned. However, this seems to be purposeful as it allows you to ruminate on what was said.

Overall, I loved it! Next, I'm reading the other book in the series: Maximize Your Potential: Grow Your Expertise, Take Bold Risks & Build an Incredible Career (The 99U Book Series 2)
== Summary ==

This book is an excellent guide of practices used by successful professionals like Seth Godin, Leo Babauta, Dan Areily and others.

The book is split into four chapters:

1. Building a Rock-Solid routine
2. Finding focus in a distracted world
3. Taming your tools
4. Sharpening your creative mind

== Pros ==

* Very practical day-today management actions
* The interviews are an excellent way to understand how successful people do it
* The book division is an amazing way to improve your skills, one step builds on top of the others in an increasing way
* The last chapter (Coda) is an excellent challenge to your skills and abilities to manage your daily activities

== Cons ==

* The book could contain a cheat sheet of the practices described on the book

== Conclusion ==

* If you want to improve your day-to-day tasks management buy it
* If you want to know how successful people do manage their daily tasks buy it
* If you just want a step-to-step how to guide this book is not for you
on January 3, 2016
I'm sure somebody else has boiled this book down to a sentence somewhere else in these reviews. But if not: Don't check your email in the morning, and, y'know, focus.

I think this book is available as a Kindle Lending Library book. Even then I'm not sure I would have used one of my Lending Library allowances on this. I found the other books in the series (Maximize Your Potential, Make Your Mark) a little more insightful.
on August 18, 2016
It's a good book to get you on the right start. There isn't a lot of "meat" (as some reviewers have said), but I think that may be a good thing. It's just a good start to get you going. Many of the tips that are in this book are things that some of us already know (setting aside a block of uninterrupted time for creativity, meditating, morning pages, etc.), but it's good to have a refresher. The quotes throughout the book are really helpful, as well as the tips coming from different people.
on October 2, 2016
The book had a great perspective backed up with lots of great quotes , but in the end it's mostly platitudes that repeat what every other Ted talk and book on Personal Success has already gone over
on January 21, 2014
There are certainly some good nuggets in this book, but overall it didn't excite or inspire me. Perhaps I was naive to look for a golden bullet, but a-ha moments were too sparse for me to feel this has turned my creative routine around. One issue is, there are so many different ways that people can struggle with achieving their creative potential, maybe it's inevitable that only a small proportion would 'speak' to me and my own challenges.
And, not that we judge books by their covers (!!), but I was surprised at the functional, business-like look of this. Considering the topic and its attempt to inspire, I would think a more uplifting design and color scheme could serve the author and publisher better. Just a suggestion.