Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 484 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 522 reviews
on March 23, 2017
Again, Peter Drucker always has good things to say. This short book is no different. Peter takes you through some basic concepts and practices but makes you feel like they are all new.

My biggest complaint with this book is basically, the price compared to the size of the book. Even the audio is expensive for this short read.
on August 27, 2016
Very short, quick read, that codifies what should be common sense. The bit about people who process information best orally versus written in particular was useful.

I knew this was a thing, it came up in psych 101 back in college. I never really thought to apply it to how I work with other people though, and instead just lamented that some people never read my emails.
on December 17, 2015
If you have ever heard about Peter Drucker then you must know that he is the Man in the management Industry.

He has written many books about management and he knows what he talks about when he suggests ideas for Ceo of thousands of employees. In this book he outlines the principles that will make you a happier and more fulfilled man in your own lifes,here are some of them:

1. Manage to find your strenghs
2. Manage to find the areas of your Life in which you bring result easily and always at top levels.
3. Manage to find your Life values (These in the end will become the most important things)
4. Manage to prepare for your second job for when you will go to pension and make it fantastic!

So check this book out! It will be the only book for you to understand the concept of management.
on August 30, 2016
This is a perfect book for anyone who is frustrated with management and or are management. :) I grabbed this book because I knew I wanted a solid notion of how to manage myself as an entrepreneur. Drucker probes you to get to know yourself better by asking a series of questions. These are worded in a manner that encourages self-reflection and discovery.

Mastering yourself will allow you to manage / inspire others... if that's what you're after, you'll enjoy this book.
on May 25, 2016
Liked the book...quick read and helpful with respect to mind-set needed when it comes to making progress and being successful in one's life...Everyone has a different interpretation of success and this book helps you understand where you stand and which questions to ask in order to continue moving your career or life plans along through questioning yourself.
on August 16, 2015
A real quick read, some good concepts but not much explanation of those concepts. This book got me asking what my strengths are, which lead me to find a book titled "Now, Discover Your Strengths" by Marcus Buckingham and Donald O. Clifton.
on December 15, 2015
Managing Oneself by Peter F. Drucker, I bought this book because it is a Harvard Business Review book. Even though it was written in 2008 the material is relevant today (2015). The business world is always changing that is a fact. If we place ourselves where we can make the greatest contribution we can do amazing things; historians like Napoleon and Mozart. This book will teach you how and when to change the work we do and know your strengths in order to know where we belong. Out of everything that was written the most prominent point is that if you place yourself in a job or career where your strengths are, that will product the greatest amount of results. This book would be great for any age group! © 2016 Jackie Paulson
review image
on June 21, 2017
Very short read but to the point. Good for a young manager or entrepreneur to read and reflect upon. The book gives you direction, its up to you to implement it into your life.
on April 28, 2017
Peter F. Drucker is by far one of my favorite authors. I highly recommend this book.
on December 25, 2015
I'm 19 years old, and if I could recommend one book to any young adult trying to find their place and how to achieve their full potential, it would be this one. Just read it, it'll take you 30 minutes and it'll be some of the most rewarding 30 minutes you'll ever have spent so far. I know it was for me.