- Hardcover: 555 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education; 1 edition (June 13, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071459340
- ISBN-13: 978-0071459341
- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 1.5 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 8 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,532,411 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #121 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > Decorating & Design > Professional Reference
- #397 in Books > Arts & Photography > Architecture > Project Planning & Management
- #830 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > How-to & Home Improvements > Carpentry
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Managing Residential Construction Projects: Strategies and Solutions 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
Use Project Management Tools to Control Quality, Cost, and Schedule on Any Residential Construction Project
Managing Residential Construction Projects provides you with an effective, real-world blueprint for using the latest project management tools to gain control over quality, cost, and schedule. Construction expert Derek Graham addresses the practical issues behind budget and scheduling problems, providing you with the expertise to anticipate crises before they arise and develop a residential construction process that flows more smoothly and efficiently.
Offering a unique visual presentation that delivers at-a-glance solutions, the author shows you step by step how to:
- Customize a project management strategy for your specific needs
- Create a model for bids and project cycles
- Establish administrative models for each project type
- Use staff and facilities to best advantage
- Deal effectively with clients, vendors, and subcontractors
- Resolve disputes among team members, clients, design professionals, and managers
- Troubleshoot problems such as errors and omissions, change orders, delays, quality control failures, and litigation
Get the Skills Needed to Take Charge of Residential Construction Jobs:
* Project Management Strategy * Cost Estimating * Scheduling and Planning * Contract Management * Construction Management * Business Tools * Crisis and Siege Management * Resolving Conflicts
About the Author
Derek Graham has more than 20 years of experience in construction and construction project management. Currently an independent consultant in the New York City high-end residential sector as an owner's representative, quality control inspector/specialist, planner, and expert witness, he has also worked extensively in the commercial and hospitality sectors. Mr. Graham is skilled in all aspects of construction, including building trades, cost estimating, contract negotiation, troubleshooting, financial reporting, and crisis management.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If the rest of the book is of such a cynical nature, I won't be back to upgrade the one star.
I recommend this book to anyone involved in a residential building contract, as there is something to be learned by owner, design professional, and builder alike. I also follow Graham's posts on LinkedIn, which I find to be very relevant and informative.