- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 2 edition (March 6, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1405130121
- ISBN-13: 978-1405130127
- Product Dimensions: 6.8 x 0.6 x 9.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,828,649 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Managing Risk: In Construction Projects 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
"An excellent book for practitioners, academics and students with an interest in construction risk, it is a must-have for everyone involved in the construction projects for the 2012 Olympics." (Building Engineer, April 2006)
From the Back Cover
Written by a group of academics and practitioners, this guide is for construction practitioners having to manage real projects. It shows how the risk management process improves decision making in conditions of uncertainty.
This new edition includes the input of the Turnbull report, as well as to introduce the concept of corporate, strategic business, and project level risk.
The authors cover:
- a description of risk management and decision making in the context of a construction project
- the human dimension
- tools and techniques available to the risk analyst
- the problems of procurement and finance
- the practical application of risk analysis, including the principles of risk modelling and simulation, together wit case studies
A thorough understanding of these concepts will provide the project manager with the basis for effective decision making.
From the reviews of the first edition:
"This book should be compulsory reading for all concerned with the management of risk in construction – whether academics or practitioners."
—Chartered Surveyor Monthly
"A valuable addition to the literature ... which helps condense, simplify and provide practical advice on how to implement risk management on construction projects."
Discover books for all types of engineers, auto enthusiasts, and much more. Learn more