Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Manchester Tank Propane Cylinder 5 Lb.
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

on November 9, 2010
If you are an average-joe propane user, acquaint yourself with the term "quick connect" before buying this product. To me this meant that you didn't need a wrench to remove the hose. Wrong... A quick disconnect is akin to a fitting on an air compressor. I have no idea how you will get this tank filled if you buy it. To compound an already confusing description, they added "Customers buy this item with Mr Heater F276172 1-Pound Disposable Propane Tank Refill Adapter by Mr Heater $14.59". I can tell you that this Adapter will not work on a tank with a quick disconnect.

I took my complaint to the vendor who's response was "tough luck, chump", Amazon does the pictures and descriptions, it ain't our fault or problem. They're sending me a regular tank which was $4 more but I'm still out an extra $14 in shipping.

I like the tank but the transaction has been painful.
on April 1, 2012
The 5LB. tank on my older Performer Grill finally had to be replaced this year. This tank is the exact replacement for the original tank. Same quick disconnect fitting and fits the hanger in the grill perfectly.
on July 3, 2011
If you have an older Weber Performer Grill with the 5 lb refillable tank, this is the exact replacement for it. It was identical to the orifginal tank which also made by Manchester Tank Company.

I looked at a local Hdwe Store that filled propane tanks and they had the quick release to make a standard 5 lb tank fit but it was $20 in addition to the standard tank at the same price as this one and the handle portion was more rounded and may not fit in the bracket that holds the tank in the grill.

For other quick release applications, make sure you know what you are getting and price any adapter you may need before ordering. (DON'T RELY ON THE PICTURE FOR ACCURATE VIEW OF QUICK RELEASE) This tank has the quick release built onto the valve and does not have standard tank fitting shown.

Prompt shipping from Grady's Online and I had it in two days in St Louis, MO with no problems.
on September 27, 2015
As others have mentioned this is a perfect replacement to the original 5 lb tank that came with the older Weber Performer grills. My tank had expired and could therefore no longer be filled. I bought this one and now have another 8 or 10 years I can use the gas starter feature.

I now see this is no longer available. I’m glad I bought it when I did and hope it becomes available again for others.
on April 13, 2010
If you plan to use this for a Coleman camp stove, it's very difficult to find adapters to make it work. I've gone to two specialty propane stores and still no luck. Beware of buying this online.
on June 21, 2010
I have the original Weber One Touch Performer grill. My original tank valve locked up and this is the perfect replacement for it. Except its build and finish appear to be higher quality than the OEM tank, which lasted for about ten seasons. This one should last even longer than that.

I originally tried to use a 20lb tank, but trying to find the right hoses and adapters became too difficult (and expensive). So, if you also have one of these grills, save your time and get one of these!
on June 18, 2014
My 20 lb. tank is too big and bulky for what I need. This tank is just right and saves so much weight on my trailer and offroad rigs. I liked this size tank so much I designed an aluminum mounting bracket just for it. Check it out. [...]
on October 8, 2013
Most Ace Hardware stores refill this tank. I have had a Weber Performer Grill since 1995 and have a couple of these tanks. Easy to transport. I use this, as well with my Weber Q grill by adapting the tank and hose. This tank is easily adaptable with some know how (your local Hardware store should be helpful with the adaptors. Well worth the money...do not need to by all those disposable propane tanks. So, with two tanks, I really have never run out of propane for my grills
on August 30, 2010
The tank is a new, nice, durable product. I needed one without the "quick connect" fitting, and so I returned it to seller. Great new tank, at a great price.
on April 8, 2009
Love the tank, but I am still looking for the speed connection so that I can use it with my boat grill......