Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on February 8, 2018
This is a meticulous description of Mandel’s life journey to the presidency. The detail is amazing. For me, however, it was too much detail. I was most interested in the parts describing his thinking about events, or thinking about how to achieve his aims.
2 people found this helpful
on November 27, 2015
Long, strong depiction of the way it was. Wish there had been a way to emphasize the enormity of his time imprisoned; I remember feeling overwhelmed that this man could walk out of that length of incarceration and be so gracious, so forgiving, so ready to try to heal the country. It is a terribly sad but absolutely necessary look at the worst and best of what man is capable of. He wasn't perfect, but what a saint. Very well done, honestly and with an appropriately epic brush.
3 people found this helpful
on February 23, 2018
I recommend reading the book, it will give you a much better understanding of what happened. The movie was two hours, twenty-one minutes and not nearly enough time to cover one of the most fascinating life stories ever.
One person found this helpful
on January 4, 2017
One of the most riveting films I have ever seen about Nelson Mandela. The cinematography is gorgeous and the complexities of Mandela's life are beautifully crafted throughout this film. We viewed this with our 12-year-old child; given some of the language and occasional reference to sexual relationships, I would stay at the 12 and up range.
3 people found this helpful
on September 17, 2016
Insightful - we here in the U.S. have little comprehension of what Mandela went through! He was an amazing man.
2 people found this helpful
on July 30, 2017
looks more like a tv-movie than a feature film, not as compelling as i had hoped.
on December 9, 2017
This was a very good movie. It gave me insights into the man and his life which I hadn't had before. Now, I have a greater understanding of his strength of purpose and of just how much he sacrificed.
One person found this helpful
on January 31, 2017
One of those must-have discs to add to your historical collection!
on December 16, 2015
Great movie. I would recommend buying this for your home library. Both to enjoy and to give you something to think on...
on September 4, 2014
Idris Elba does a good job in this portrayal of South African President Mandela. The film covers Mandela's early years, activism, imprisonment, and a hero's triumphant to the nation's presidency.