Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Mandolin Chord Book: Compact Reference Library
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 29, 2000
This book is exactly what the beginning mandolinist needs - a quick reference to every chord formation on mandolin with several different options for each chord. This book is also useful for the experienced player, if only just as a quick reference. Good investment.
on October 23, 2003
As the others have said this is a good book to keep handy for your practice sessions. The only gripe I have is that if I want to learn how to play an Am7b5 I want to look in the key of A section. But that chord is the 7th chord in a harmonized B scale so it's in the "Key of B" section. If I want to find a G anything chord I expect it to be in a section on G chords, not in G for some chords and C for others and in A minor for others. This means that quite often you have to search the book to find the one you're looking for.
Lots of good chords here. They're just organized oddly.
on July 1, 2012
This is such a useful little book. It's got every chord you could ever need and it's organized by key (what a great idea). I would have given it 5 stars for the content, but it won't stay open without putting something heavy on it or folding it so the back gets broken. Trying to force my fingers into a tight, unfamiliar chord and having the book snap shut before I can get it is REALLY annoying. If the publishers read this, please, please, PLEASE make this with a spiral binding that will lay flat.
on December 21, 2005
As you've most likely read in other reviews on this product, chords in this book are organized by key and not alphabetically. I really hated the organization of the chords at first. However, after some amount of initial frustration the more I used the book, the more I appreciated it. I would never have thought to order a chord reference in this fashion. It's turned out to be quite a useful reference tool.
on March 26, 2000
As a fledgling mandolin player I have found this book to be indispesible.
on February 1, 2014
I ordered it for my aunt, she got a Mandolin for Christmas. This book shows every chord the mandolin has and shows the position for your fingers. I highly recommend for beginners like my aunt. The CD's training on guitars and mandolins are very fast and only show the the fingers on the strings for the chords, it is hard to figure it out. This book enables you to learn the finger positions for each chord and there are many, so I recommend each day you try and learn two or three a day and practice to commit them to memory. I have an extended music background and I had a difficult time with the CD. So I did some research and found this book. I hope this helps others.
on January 22, 2014
This has all of the chords you'll need. It is easy to read and use. Since it's small it fits inside the case of your instrument so it's always there when you need it. If you play by ear then this is really all that you would ever need. It has no music theory, just chords. It's a great reference.
on June 21, 2008
"Get you a chord book," said the crusty old guy who restrung my mandolin. As a beginner, this book is top-notch, presenting the chords in their keys.
on May 22, 2013
A must have if you plan on learning the mandolin or use the book as a refresher. A number of my friends have used to book to change the chords on the music they write. Their comment was very cool and plan to purchase the same book. There are some online apps that have something similar but you may need batteries if you stay too long. Thanks again.
on February 21, 2016
It's arranged by song key, not the chords, so you have to flip around a lot to find things. It's a personal preference, but I'd like to have all the "A" options grouped. Since I'm new to Mandolin, I often just need a chord and it's variations, not all the chords in the key. The diagrams are great, I'd just like a different organization.