Manduka eKOlite Yoga Mat – Premium 4mm Thick Mat, Eco Friendly and Made from Natural Tree Rubber. Ultimate Catch Grip for Superior Traction, Dense Cushioning for Support and Stability in Yoga, Pilates, and General Fitness.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||68 x 24 x 0.12 inches|
|Item Weight||1 Pounds|
About this item
- The comfortably cushioned 68" x 24” eKO Lite Yoga Mat has a natural rubber grip that catches you if you start to slip.
- With its eco-friendly construction, this biodegradable, non-Amazon harvested natural tree rubber mat supports both your practice and our planet.
- Made without non-toxic foaming agents and non-AZO dyes.
- All post-industrial scrap is thoughtfully collected and utilized in the production of other materials creating a zero waste manufacturing process.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Sometimes it’s the bumps in the road that end up defining our journey. This is the story of Manduka, a company founded on the simple idea that a better yoga mat could make a world of difference.
In 1997, Peter Sterios, an architect turned yogi, discovered a simple, elegantly designed black mat whose combination of firm grip and complete support revolutionized his yoga practice. In honor of the yoga masters who inspired him, he sought to share this amazing product with others.
Peter had always been the beneficiary of great generosity from other yoga teachers. To repay that debt, he sent mats as gifts to many of the teachers he admired including Erich Schiffmann, Rod Stryker, Angela Farmer, Victor Van Kooten, Rodney Yee, and Shiva Rea. The teachers who inspired Peter were his first customers. And in the great yoga tradition, they shared their mats with their students, and a true yoga company was born. Peter chose the name Manduka in homage to his teacher and mentor, Shandor Remete, whose core practice and teaching always included the ancient Hatha Yoga Pradipika pose, Mandukasana or frog. The first time Peter heard and repeated the name of the pose he experienced a sense of childlike joy and delight as the sound rolled off his tongue. The word and the pose were mirror images, simultaneously playful and profound. The joy of Manduka is now spoken in so many countries, all over the world.
The quality and performance of Manduka mats and yoga accessories are still unmatched in the marketplace. They are still crafted using simple, enduring, natural, and whenever possible, renewable materials and a fine attention to detail. Manduka is a company built by and for yoga teachers and their students. We are still evolving, still introducing new products, and still celebrating the spirit and wisdom of yoga teachers and their students. From the road less traveled, something great and meaningful has arrived.
Honor the Legacy
Designed by yogis and loved by teachers everywhere.
The bigger the idea, the bigger the impact.
Strengthen The Community
Our community inspires us at every turn and we consider them in everything we do.
Sustainability and love for our planet guides everything we do and make.
Our true north is compassion; giving generously to causes committed to the well-being of the world.
Integrity Above All
We show up. In our products, our practice, and our community.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 68 x 24 x 0.12 inches; 1 Pounds
- Item model number : 242013S7E
- Department : Mens
- Material Feature : Biodegradable Warning
- Date First Available : March 1, 2009
- Manufacturer : Manduka Matsource LLC
- ASIN : B00DJV153I
Best Sellers Rank:
#41,219 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #202 in Yoga Mats
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Odor: I aired out the mat for about a week and the smell was pretty gone. I did notice a difference between laying the mat out to air out and hanging it over something (i.e. a chair) - the latter was much better at getting the scent out. If you're planning to hang the mat, I strongly recommend you air it out in a place that not many people pass by because there's kind of a odor "cloud" that stays for the first couple days. I aired it out with the hanging method about four times (I think in between those times I practiced twice?) and by then the rubber scent was pretty much gone.
Slip?: If you ask me, I think it might be based on the color - a lot of the "acai" color mats seem to have the slip problem. So far, the "ebb" version has been pretty non-slip (but of course, using the areas where there are fresh sweat drops makes it a bit slippy, but this might be unavoidable?)...
Care: ... but I've also been really stringent about the care. I read on Reddit (I think) the account of someone who finally washed their mat with the vinegar-water solution (as per recommended by Manduka) and the mat ended up slippery, and someone commented that the eKO mats tend to become that way if there's too much moisture in them. As a result, I've taken these steps, and so far, its been good:
1) After a sweaty practice, I let the mat sit for a minute or two before rolling it up. If it's been a rain-shower sweaty practice, I wipe it down, then let the mat sit.
2) When I'm cleaning the mat with the vinegar/water solution, I put the solution on a towel, NOT on the mat itself. I take the towel (not drenched, but more damp?) and wipe it down, let it air out for a minute or two, then run my hand over the mat to make sure that it's pretty dry. If it's not I take a paper towel and just give it another wipe. Once it's dry, I roll the mat up. I clean the mat about 1-2 times a week in this way.
3) I haven't put my mat in direct sunlight (except when going to/from the car to studio, etc.). Don't know how much it helps with the slip, but haven't done it. I've also kept it in a pretty cool place at home, and roll it out to dry if I think its necessary.
Hope this helps!
I found the top coating to be slippery, especially once I started sweating -- hands and feet would scoot around the thing. I also noticed that it would buckle in some poses, as if it were slipping on the floor, causing it to bunch up around whatever appendage was grounded at the time. I imagine many people could overlook these characteristics, or write it off saying, "all yoga mats do that," however, I kept thinking about it during practice, which was distracting.
I returned this mat and ended up going with a jade harmony mat and that works much better for me.
Again, this is a high quality mat and I have no doubt that some of my qualms can be chalked up to "user error." I just didn't find it to be all that forgiving given my skill level.
Top reviews from other countries
This mat is quite grippy. I have a manduka pro series mat that is very thick and heavy, which I only use at home. I've had that mat for years, but found it has always been a bit slippery for me as soon as I sweat at all. I tend to sweat a bit more than the average person, however, so a hand towel is an easy fix though. At present, my eKo Lite seems to grip better for me compared to my other Manduka pro, lululemon, and various other yoga mats I've tried.
As for the smell some people have mentioned, I found that faded within a few days of airing it out. Every yoga mat I've ever had, which is at least 5 before this, have had a smell to start so this didn't surprise me. I've been using it at least 2-3 weekly for a few months and it doesn't smell at all now.
Assuming it stands the test of time in terms of wear, this mat will become my go to!
This one is money well spent. Some of the features I love about it:
- amazing grip on both side, which means no sliding, ever!
- doesn't deform easily but still easy to roll up and store
- very easy to clean (damp cloth is more than enough)
Some minor drawbacks that I can completely live with
- slight rubber odour (left my mat spread for a week and it almost disappeared)
- heavier than cheaper options (I only use it at home so no worry here either)
Mat was slightly slippery when I first got on but the grip seemed to actually get better as I practised on it.
Love the colour and the thickness.
Very happy with this mat.
The seller was also helpful and easy to deal with.
Thoroughly enjoyed using it.