Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 30, 2011
I am very pleased with this addition to my Bogen / Manfrotto lineup. It mounted right to my 25+ year old Bogen 3020 tripod and 681 monopod w base, another reviewer said he needed an adaptor. I primarily got this head to use with my spotting scope but I will also be using it with my Nikon D80 and 7000. It is very well made, the exception is my other RC2's are all metal, this release lever is plastic, similar to the release tabs on my tri and monopod. It does however have the locking spur to keep from accidentally releasing the RC2 which is missing on some other heads. I would rather see Manfrotto not scrimp and make this out of metal also. It pans and tilts as smoothe as butter, another reviewer said it was too tight but loosened up with time, mine is great. Another reviewer said it tipped on him and he thought his camera was top heavy. My D80 with a 70-210 / 18-108 / 18-200; and the heavy Tokina 12-24 showed no signs of drift or tipping. I also like the ease that the pan arm can be rapidly removed. This will make it much easier to get in my Manfrotto bag for storage and transportation. For $75.00 and change; with free shipping and a $10.00 rebate; if you ever wanted a fluid head now is the time to get one. Another winner from Manfrotto...........
on November 6, 2013
Good quality product - certainly lighter weight (cheaper) materials than the Manfrotto products of 20+ years ago that I still use often. However, it was a great value / performance point for my HD video camera - which is consumer size / weight.

Not sure how it would handle on the upper end of the weight limits claimed by Manfrotto -- but certainly anything in the < 3 pound camera should work great.

Perhaps this is common - but it did take a little work to secure the head to the main tripod base (mostly because it seemed to keep coming lose if the tension on the pan was too tight). Then I realized my base had some set screws I could tighten down against the head to hold securely. I know not all tripods will come with these -- nor have the same issues on install.
I kept on buying cheaper ($70 and under) "fluid" tripod heads and returning them because these cheaper tripod heads were only fluid in the tilting and not in the panning. Finally I purchased this Manfrotto tripod head and it is perfect, it is fluid in the pan and tilt, the movement is very smooth . And it's not too heavy or bulky.
on May 6, 2012
I am new to video and have been a still photographer for over 30 years. I think, the head is a well made design and very easy to use. Movements are very smooth and the knobs provide adjustment for different weighted cameras. Now, my friends and family say that my videos are a lot more enjoyable to view. The mounting plate is slightly different from others, it's more of a square shape, over the rectangle plate found on Bogen's still camera heads, that I own. Wish they use a standard plate in all designs, would make it a lot easier to switch out cameras during a shoot. I think the head is a great value, but I do not have anything to compair it too. The price fit into what, I could afford and the need for some quality design or build made me look at Manfrotto, that I have come to trust over my years as a still photographer. No problems to report so far and the same goes for the vendor.
on July 7, 2015
I use this for the primary head on my heavy-duty Manfroto tripod. I have a Canon 70D which I use for both still and video shooting. It works well for both. For video, the variable pointing capability is key. The fluid movement is very smooth which is critical for video. I wish it had a leveling base plate for panoramic photos, but that would drive up the cost considerably. Without that I have to do the leveling with the tripod, which is clumsy and time consuming. For the money, it's a perfect solution for me.
on April 2, 2015
If you need a fluid head tripod for DSLR with a quick release plate... this is THE head to have for those trying not to spend a fortune. I'm a fulltime wedding videographer and I absolutely love this tripod head for my DSLR cameras. If you want the REAL VALUE rig... go check out the $70-$90 Ravelli tripods and replace the Ravelli head with the 128RC. Solid setup.
on September 4, 2015
The Manfrotto 128RC is a nice fluid head and we use them for viewing animals at long distances with spotting scope. The 128 allows you to smoothly pan horizontally or vertically. Having a 200PL connector plate attached to each scope / camera allows one to quickly (and securely) attach them to the head.
on April 9, 2015
This is the 2nd Manfrotto 128RC Micro Fluid Head I own now. I loved the first one so much, I bought a 2nd one. I use this head along with the Muddy Outdoors Pro Camera Arm for my self film deer hunts. If you want to improve your video quality, and get rid of that jerky motion when trying to film, buy this combination.
review image
on September 23, 2012
I have four of these and like the easy on easy off feature with the lockable thumb release. The only downside is the adjustment screws to tighten and lock down the pan and tilt become worn over several years of use and allow the head to wobble around a little. You have to keep the tension just right with the thumb screws to allow free movement without any wobble. Still, I'd buy another one. The smaller size and ease of use make up for the looseness on the older heads. They have to wear out at some point.
on February 22, 2016
I use this all the time.

It's television worthy. I have filmed several productions with it. Even 20 feet up a tree attached to a camera arm. For the price? You cannot beat it.