Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Manfrotto MKBFRA4-BH BeFree Compact Aluminum Trave..." and save 58% off the $223.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4 Year Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to drops, spills and cracked screens and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Manfrotto MKBFRA4-BH BeFree Compact Aluminum Travel Tripod Black
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Light and compact design. The special design of this tripod with head ensures your camera stays firmly locked in position.
- Supports up to 8.8lbs
- Designed to fit into carry-on luggage and backpacks
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compact lightweight tripod for travel photographyBefree is a new and innovative tripod dedicated to photographers who love to travel. Compact, light and portable Befree is the ideal travel companion.
From the Manufacturer
|BeFree is a new and innovative tripod dedicated to photographers who love to travel. Compact, light and portable BeFree is the ideal travel companion. |
A high quality tripod that fits into carry-on luggage and backpacks; it’s a dream come true for any photographer on the go. Thanks to the unique folding mechanism the legs fold perfectly around the head and quick release plate attachment. In the closed position it is only 15.8" long.
Its small size and portability don’t mean compromise on sturdiness and image quality. The Manfrotto BeFree delivers sharp images by keeping your camera steadily locked in the desired position. Its new aluminum ball head is solid, quick and simple to operate. The Manfrotto BeFree has a maximum payload of 8.8lb, guaranteeing stability and sturdiness even with longer zoom lenses.
The new patented leg angle selectors quickly allow you to select between two angles offering maximum versatility for camera positioning. Premium Italian design and finishing make BeFree stand out from the crowd. The perfect accessory to express each photographers individual unique photographic style.
|The Quick Release Adapter design enables the legs to fold tightly together, making it even more compact. ||BeFree is always comfortable and easy to carry round with its own padded carrying bag. The extra padding makes it easy to pack in your luggage while protecting it from any accidental damage. |
|Keep your camera steadily locked in the desired position with the integrated aluminum ball head. It is strong, fast and simple to operate.||The angle selectors allow you to quickly select between 2 different angles for maximum versatility in getting the shot you want. |
|Aluminum leg locks with adjustable tension ensure long term performance.||Rubber leg warmers deliver a firm grip.|
|Attaches by||1/4" attachment type |
|Center Column ||rapid |
|Maximum Height ||144.0 cm • 56.7 in |
|Maximum Height (with Center Column down) ||123.0 cm • 48.4 in|
|Minimum Height ||34.0 cm • 13.4 in|
|Closed Length ||40.0 cm • 15.8 in|
|Weight ||2.4 kg • 5.3 lb |
|Load Capacity ||4 kg • 8.8 lb |
|Column Cross Section ||three-faceted |
|Column Tube Diameter ||22 mm |
|Leg Sections ||3 |
|Leg Angles ||25°, 51°|
|Legs Tube Diameter ||22.5, 19, 15.5, 12 mm |
|Material ||Aluminum |
|Plate Type ||200PL|
Showing 1-6 of 250 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Because of the light weight, it's easier to knock over if you bump into it, so you might want to consider attaching a sandbag if that's a concern for you.
UPDATE 10 Nov 2013: Just wanted to add that I used this tripod recently during a landscape workshop in Yosemite National Park. I learned that you DO NOT want to use it with the center post fully extended if your shutter speed is below 1/90. At full extension, even the slap of the shutter from a dSLR can introduce a slight vibration that is noticeable as minor motion blur in the image; the slower the shutter speed, the more noticeable. For snapshots or images destined solely for the Internet at screen resolution, this may not be an issue for you. For anything that is going to be used at large sizes, it's definitely an issue. This only occurred with the center post at full extension. At half extension, I didn't see this problem. I stand by my earlier statements and am not deducting any stars. This sort of thing is only to be expected in a lightweight tripod.
1. The screw attaching the quick release plate mount to the top of the ballhead, gets loose after a few days of use, I have to tighten it every time I go on a trip.
2. The locking pin, either came loose or broke off after a month with regular use, although the mount still manages to hold the camera securely in place.
3. Yesterday, while adjusting the camera position, the ball head suddenly became loose, and since then I haven't been able to get it to lock in place. It's essentially useless right now until I can get a replacement.
Cons: Not a deal breaker, but having to flip the legs up and over to fit them into the included bag is time consuming and twisting the head into the correct position tends to cause some scratches on the leg assemblies. This can be avoided but requires some effort.