Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on June 14, 2016
My little guy loves this toy.

When he was born I had it hanging above the changing table... not really on purpose, just as a place to store it. Well, he loved staring at it from day 2! Around 8 weeks he started to swing at it so I got it down for him. He couldn't officially grab it, but could stuck his hands through the loops (on accident probably) and move the toy to his face and try to bite it. Now at 16 weeks he grabs it off the floor next to him, passes it between his hands, "chews" on it, etc. He will play with it for 5 minutes without my intervention. It travels well as you can smash it down at it bounces back to full shape when you pull it out of the bag. We also throw it in the car seat with him for some easy entertainment with no worries that he will suffocate against it choke on it or anything.

The square block in the middle rattles quietly. I wish it was a bit louder, as the noise is so quiet that my little guy doesn't even to take notice of it. It is less "rattle" and more of just a ball toy.

My friend warned me NOT to put it in the dishwasher - she melted hers. I just wash it with hot soapy water... or sometimes clean it off with paci wipes if he drops it on the go.

I'll probably buy a toy lanyard for it so we can prevent drops on the go!
review imagereview imagereview image
22 comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
As a sleep deprived parent, the last thing I want to encounter during the day is an obnoxious baby toy that flashes, sings, beeps and bops. I'm a registered nurse, and in truth, babies don't need many bells and whistles to be entertained. The classic, simple design of this Manhattan toy rattle is stimulating and helps with development of grasping, WITHOUT the headache of unnecessary lights and noises.

Pros
No irritating noises
Helps with development of grasping
Not overly stimulating for young infants
Cute colors
Safe design; No small parts to break off and choke baby
Well made; Can withstand lots of pulling and shaking

Cons
None
on November 5, 2015
This is such a fun toy for my son. It has a variety of colors which he enjoys looking at. Each of the "rings" are soft and pliable. They are easy for him to put in his mouth to chew on. It also has a pleasant rattle in the center box. The rattle makes a soft rattling noise, when shaken. I was also impressed with the weight of the toy. It looks rather large but is light enough for my 4 month old to easily pick up and shake around, without it falling on his face. He enjoys staring and turning the toy around to look at the different colors, so I feel that it is also improving his development. He is now 6 months old and is still happily playing with it, so it looks like this may be a long-term toy (yah!). Definitely would recommend this toy to other parents of little ones.

Update with pics: now onto baby #2. We introduced this at 2 months 3 weeks and he's loving it. He can manipulate it and easily gets it into his mouth to chew on. Such a great toy!
on October 3, 2016
My 4 month old son LOVES this toy! It is great for his teething and he can hold on to it easily. Even throw it across the room, haha!

Update: My son is now 6 months old and still loves this toy. It is the first toy he became actively engaged in and began grabbing with two hands. Great to encourage him for some fun tummy time. Still loving it!
review image
on October 4, 2017
This toy is awesome, I highly recommend. It was the first toy my daughter was interested (at about 2.5 months). It seemed to really help develop her grasping ability. She could always get ahold of it and if she accidently hit herself in the face with it, it didn’t hurt her like some of the other little rattles and things she has. She is now almost 5 months and still loves to manipulate and chew on it. The only thing i would say is which really should be common sense but as with pretty much anything you give an infant, I’d keep an eye on them when playing with it. My husband was concerned because he noticed recently, now that she is using her feet a lot more and wiggling around a lot that it once got wrapped around her arm and foot at the same time and was worried she would hurt herself. Just something we noted; still an awesome product.
on January 19, 2016
I'm always a little skeptical of toys that are well reviewed because I know a lot of toys that are "5 star" that just don't appeal to everyone. We did a lot of research so that we would only have to buy two or three teething items for our 3 month old, and this toy was one of them.

This toy is as well designed as the other reviews have indicated. No matter which way she holds it, she has a clear line to chew on and many places to grab it. The lines are also thin enough that her small hands can get around them and actually grip them. After holding the toy for about 30 seconds, it was clearly her favorite. I don't think I've seen her enjoy any of her toys even half this much. I am incredibly happy that we purchased this item!
on February 7, 2017
Absolutely love this toy. My daughter can sit and play with this for a while without getting bored. She continually tries to get the little square in the center and loves that it makes a rattle sound. I gave this toy to her at about 3 months and it helped her to learn how to pass from each hand with control. It also is sensory with all the loops and colors. I will be saving this for the next little one!
on November 4, 2017
Our daughter really loved her OBall, so we got this Winkle (the name makes us laugh every time....). She enjoyed this just as much as her OBall, if not more because she can chew on it. She couldn't care less about the fact that it rattles, but we knew that wasn't what we were getting it for. We'd still buy it again.

**Even though this worked for us, we bought it AFTER knowing what types of things our daughter enjoyed. If she didn't enjoy toys like this we wouldn't have bought it. Hint Hint!
on September 22, 2016
This toy drew my sons attention right away. I gave it to him when he was about 3 months old (he's just over 4 months old now) and it really encouraged 2 handed play. It rattles just enough and he loves chewing on it too. This toy goes everywhere with us and I just use some plastic links to attach it to the stroller belt so it doesn't get dropped. It can't really be sanitized (I saw from other melted reviews) and it doesn't come with any cleaning instructions. I assume it cannot be submerged either so I've been cleaning it with a cloth and mild soapy warm water.
review imagereview image
on June 19, 2017
Hands down my son's favorite toy. Its easy or him to grab and he loves to teeth on it. He has been playing with it since he was 3 months old. He's going on 6 months now and it's still his favorite.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.