Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _fab _fab _fab  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 151 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 229 reviews
on July 6, 2015
Easy to use, got here quickly, nice color
on October 11, 2010
One thing you should NOT do is use the Manic Panic lifter. I did that, and the color was perfect, but my hair broke off that very day. This stuff, however, with Clairol Born Blond Maxi, is great! It's a perfect toner, you can use it to lengthen the life of your OTC dye job. I put it on wet hair, then blow dry it and then rinse it out. It's a good week of blindingly white, then you can refresh, or just go till you next dye (less "virgin snow" and more "old snow bank". It doesn't damage hair that I can tell, and I've gone through two or three jars of it in the last year. I have short, fine hair and I get about 4-5 applications from a jar.
on June 10, 2015
I used this on my hair (severely damaged lightened to a golden blonde) .... The majority of my head went from brassy level one blonde to an ashy grey blonde. The gold toned roots remained golden and did not take. It's possible they were at a level darker of blonde and had not had as much damage as the lengths. The lightest hair at the sides of my face turned pale purpley blue (literally the color of the formula).
I applied at 8:30 am.... Wrapped in plastic ...two blow dryer heat treatments (10 minutes each) and an hour of head wrapped in heat packs over the plastic. Washed it out at 12:30 (it takes at least 3 hours for this to take). I'd give this 5 stars if it worked on all hair or if the instructions actually were real but you need to have very porous damaged level one hair and leave this on for 3+++ hours. Before and after Photo of results attached.
review image
on November 17, 2014
I have dark Indian hair and I had to go through trail and error with this product. At first I bleached my hair to a yellow blonde and added in the virgin snow toner. It barely made a difference to my hair so the next day I bleached it again so that it was a pale yellow and after leaving in the virgin snow overnight, my hair was white as snow the next morning when I woke up. Great product!
on January 20, 2013
Holy moly, the first thing I want to point out is if you want your shower to match your hair, get the Vampire Red. The color is very vibrant and beautiful, and it lasts like the dickens. The only problem with mine however, was when I went to wash out the color after dying (my entire head), sweet baby Jesus, the color NEVER STOPS RUNNING. I looked behind me after washing out the color in cold water for like five minutes and it looked like a crime scene. My walls and tub was red and my body didn't fair any better. After running my hair under the cold water for some more amount of time (it seemed like forever) my color was still infinitely never running out. At this point I thought when I came out I'd have zero color (thankfully that was not the case). Finally giving up and being a quitter, I washed out my hair with a color protecting shampoo and conditioner and the end of the bloody murder of my hair was over. When my hair was dried and ready, it came out this deep dark shade of red (the Manic Panic Purple Haze I put somewhere in my hair was lost in the battle). My shower has survived because I immediately rinsed it out with hot water, but my shower curtain still has evidence. Good luck, vampires.
on February 21, 2015
I've been a long time user of this particular product.
It is safe & gentle.
If you are a level 8 or 9 yellowy-golden blonde, *definitely* follow directions!!!!!
I generously rub it into my hair, cover *with saran wrap* & leave on for 8HOURS...the results are always amazing.
THIS IS A PRODUCT THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!
on July 19, 2014
I bleached my hair from a dirty blonde to platinum but it ended up yellow with orange highlights! I bought Wella T14 and T18 which did a great job but I wasn't happy. My hair was left frizzy (after all thy abuse I understood why. After conditioning with an amazing Macadamia Mask I read that Virgin Snow helped calm frizzy hair and made your hair a true platinum) I ordered this and left it in my hair for 4 hours. I LOVE IT! My hair is shiny again, NO hint of yellow at ALL (I still had a slight tint left) and my hair is soft. I will be stocking up and I love the way my hair looks now!
VINE VOICEon July 9, 2012
I've been using various shades of Manic Panic for about 25 years now, since I was in high school. I have occasionally tried other brands, and haven't ever been overwhelmingly disappointed in them, but because this is so easy and what I've used for years I see no point in switching. This COVERS the GREY! I still have a lot of bleached areas which I use to make the color pop, but now I add the Manic Panic to my whole head. They don't market it for us old people, but it's not half bad. The grey only stays coloured for 2 weeks, and the bleached area goes to half vibrancy in that time -- but I use a HARSH shampoo and have very HARD WATER. Using the AMPLIFIED formula gives it extra time, but I've learned it's not worth the extra $ so long as I have the time to re-do my hair more frequently... unless the price is similar (sometimes it is not on Amazon.)
on May 31, 2014
If you want a good WHITE hair color, this is the right product. You must bleach your hair to be the palest of yellow (straw color will not do). Once you get to the pale, pale yellow (which may take more than one bleaching session...so stretch out over a couple of days). Using this as the final step will balance the pale yellow to white. Be patient and be gentle with your hair...if you had to go through multiple bleachings be sure to use a strong conditioning treatment AFTER you achieve the color you want (I used the organice coconut oil, overnight, washed it out had had great silky WHITE hair!)
on January 21, 2013
I was actually aiming for a deeper red but after I put this red in I instantly ,loved it! It is so attention getting and it brings out my personality. I used the flash bleach kit before applying and it was great. I left a little in the bottom of my jar and about a month later when it started to fade I just threw the left over on for about 2 hours and it was right back to life! Love it!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.