Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 41 reviews
on February 15, 2014
I've been wearing minimalist or "Barefoot" shoes for 4 years after I realized that my feet didn't hurt when I went barefoot. I've done a ton of research, and spent hundreds of dollars on minimalist shoes. I find Vibram Five Fingers to be a gimmick, Xero Shoes are awesome but not exactly appropriate for Oregon Winters, and my $160 Feelmax Kuuvas fell apart after just 4 months of non-athletic wear. I also have hot feet so many shoes that people love are just too hot for me. I am always on the lookout for a pair of unlined leather shoes. (My next expensive purchase will probably be Softstar but they cost 4 times what these cost.)

I had a pair of Manitobah Mukluks that were similar to these, but the originals were made with crepe soles, a wider toe box and made of suede. But I LOVED them. They weren't exactly my style fashion wise, but they were seriously comfortable. After my disappointment with my Feelmax boots I went back to amazon and found that Manitobah was making these out of FULL GRAIN leather and with VIBRAM soles! That would solve the two only problems I had with my previous pair: A: Crepe soles wear down fairly quickly and B: Suede is harder to waterproof than full grain leather. Also full grain leather is really durable. So I bought a pair.

Now I'm not usually a beads and fringe kind of girl, I bought them intending to cut the fringe and beads off, but I decided after wearing them for a day that I kind of like them just as they are. Even if they aren't always appropriate with the outfit I'm wearing.

I only took a star off because they no longer have the nice roomy toe box. They are a little tight on me. But the narrow toe box is nicer looking, so you win some you lose some. Also, they are leather, they WILL stretch. The Vibram sole is glued on not sewn on like the previous crepe soled kind, so I'm not sure how they will hold up - but if they start to separate I suppose I can put them back together with barge cement or something (What I've been told shoe repair places actually use instead of shoe glue, it's stronger)

They tie tighter on my ankle than my previous pair as well, so I don't have to wrap the lace around the whole shoe like I did before. That's a bonus as well.

All in all, I like them and I like the company. When I have a bit more money I want to try their winter boots.
on November 17, 2015
I haven't finished breaking them in but can tell they will be perfect. They should fit snug to your foot, I usually wear 8 1/2 med. to wide shoe & boots. I get these in 9 and they will soon fit like good moccasins do. I like the smooth leather because it gives nicely. I have a pair of the shorter fringed moccs and can wear them all day and the same with the lined suede slippers.
I like going bear-foot and these feel like part of my foot after I break them in. I don't have an arch problem when wearing moccs, if you have an issue slip in an insert or other support. Im over 60 yrs. and find this brand of moccasins to be my favorite, of the basic designs.
on March 21, 2017
I was confused with the reviews regarding sizing. I had purchased another style in my usual size 9 which were a little small. So this time I ordered a size 10 which are a little long but ok. Toe box is a little narrow. I am not sure what harvester grain is but appears to be cowhide. Also, although the company extols that their moccasins are made from an indigenous tribe in Canada, they are actually made in China.
on September 25, 2014
Pros: These are very well-made and look amazing. Buying this product supports the indigenous people who make them, and it seems like an ethical company.

Cons: They don't fit! I tried them on and wanted them to fit but unfortunately, they were no more comfortable than regular tennis shoes. I have a pair of suede Minnetonkas that i wear in the summer and they feel like socks. I was looking for something to wear for hiking trips during the rainy season and if these had fit my foot they would have been perfect. I usually wear a 5.5 and ordered a 5. The actual size is ok but the heel slips off my foot and they are loose around my ankles. The picture looks like you would be able to lace them up tightly but they gape at the ankle so they are not able to be laced up tightly like I want for hiking shoes.

I gave them 4 stars because I really like these moccasins but ultimately they didn't work for me so I have to return them.
on November 23, 2014
These are exactly what I wanted. I got them quickly and when they arrived I put them on immediately. They were too tight. However, I know from experience that this type of leather stretches very quickly. Yes, it was uncomfortable at first it took two or three hours of wear and then WaaLaaa perfection followed. They are good looking and comfortable. I do like a squishy heel cushin in my shoes but if you need a support for the entire foot the toe box is likely too small. Read the reviews of this shoe so you understand how to size. I wear a size eleven and yes after getting my foot in there and dealing with the tingling it was well worth it.
on February 19, 2014
I had a problem with every 6 pair of Manitobah Mukluks I ordered. It's got to be my feet. Most reviews suggest ordering down which I did, from my normal 7.5 to 7. My toes crunched in the 7's , so I ordered 8's and my feet swam in them. This style fit particularly odd. The toe box was very long and narrow where you could actually see the shape of my foot, but the back was so loose that if it wasn't a higher shoe, I would have walked right out of it. Maybe because I ordered the leather and all of the other pairs and styles were suede. I'm just really disappointed because I love wearing moccasins of all kinds, have worn them since I was a kid, and was looking forward to having a couple of new pairs to wear for the spring.
on September 4, 2014
I ordered a half size smaller than I normally wear, and with my thick wool socks they fit perfectly. I was amazed how quickly they were shipped! I hate to pull them off my feet, and I've never felt that way about any other footwear. When I say "I love my moccasins" I really mean it. They are beautiful, as well as sturdy... soft and conform to my feet.

A delightful surprise on the soles is an artistic engrained pattern, including a turtle on the heal! Everywhere I go turtles appear. They are fun to wear... and really, I can't say enough about how pleased I am. I will be ordering another pair just so I have a different color. I have the "tan" moccasins and they are a pleasant, light mustard color - just gorgeous!
on May 11, 2015
I've found that Manitobahs that have the Vibram sole run a tad large. I am a true 6.5 in shoes, and I sized down to a 6 and they fit great. I purchased the russet color. Online it looked a tad more red, but I feel that these are like a brick-red leaning more towards the brown side.The only issue I noticed that they are slightly narrow towards the toe box, but after a few hours it loosened up. Overall these were a great buy.
on November 11, 2015
Love, love these shoes! They are made beautifully and are extremely comfortable once you break them in.
I ordered directly through the manufacturer website and had a few hiccups with exchanging my order so I went to Amazon.
I have a wide foot and typically wear a 6.5.
I ordered a size 7 the first time purchasing these shoes, The size was WAY too big for my foot.
This time around I ordered a 6 and it's perfect with a little room!
on April 28, 2014
Well made ankle boot with adorable turtle imprint on sole. Laces stay done up. There is no arch support. As I have high arches my feet were tired and sore at the end of the day so will try putting orthodics in. Not sure if it will work at right boot is noticeably different from left (smaller in width), Having high arches I also feel the boots pull at the top ridging but am hoping being leather they will stretch over time having only worn them once to see how they would do. I bought size 9. My usual size is 8.5 and there is ample room at the end so could have sized down but use to european sizes which are more exact.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question