Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Russell Dickerson Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 12, 2017
This is a book that changed my life. I was given a copy when I was 15 and had a lot going on, at the time I didn't realize what a gem I have been handed. Years later I finally read the book and it changed the way I view everything. I cannot tell you how many times I've referenced this book in papers I've written while working on my Master's. This book has helped me through depression and changing the way I think to make my life better and to accomplish my goals. I have given a copy of this book too many people in my life because I want to spread what I gained from it to others. If you only read one book as an adult it should be this one. Obviously does not a happy cheery go lucky story, but it is one everyone should hear about human resiliency and finding the reason why people continue on even in the darkest of times. Viktor Frankl is my favorite nonfiction writer and a huge inspiration to me.
on April 7, 2017
Having a tough day? Poor thing. Tsk, tsk, tsk. You must read this book and it will definitely "notch-up" your gratitude. Thank you Viktor Frankl for all you have done.
on October 5, 2017
One of the most influential books ever written. Everyone should read it.
on October 13, 2017
Very meaningful book and a great read.
on September 25, 2017
Great product!
on April 2, 2017
Great book
VINE VOICEon October 31, 2005
First of all, this book is definitely worth reading, the first part where the author talks about his experience in the concentration camps - how any of our small issues are nothing compared to what has already happened in this world and how mankind has been able to overcome it all.

The second part where he talks about logotherapy - gets our brains to work. The idea behind this book is that, when man has lost everything, there is still something they can pursue in their mind, there is still something which he they can look forward to.

Coming from his own experience in the concentration camps, there was something he was looking for, even when he had lost everything in life and there was nothing else to look forward other than to be gassed. He also motivated his comrades to look for something - to search for a meaning in life and to isolate their minds from the external happenings.

As a general read, it is worth reading, it gets us thinking in new lines.

But is it applicable to give new hope to people ? Can it motivate a terminally ill cancer patient to look for something ?

What would have Lance Armstrong have to say about logotherapy ? I think Lance would have acknowledged it - having recovered from cancer to become a champion again. Again it is all about finding new meaning/new hopes to continue and sustain life, even in the brink of hopelessness.
on March 20, 2017
Engrossing.
on January 16, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed this book; it is concise and profound and insightful. It was a very welcome perspective for me, and complemented a many-years soul search into the pursuit of happiness versus what makes me happy. I'd recommend it to anyone.
on August 5, 2014
Great book, relevant and worth the read. Quick read too, a few hours. Highly recommend, especially for those that are about taking responsibility and control of their emotions/outlook to better themselves and improve their day to day well being/state of mind. Not good for those that prefer to blame external forces for their issues and not take responsibility for their thoughts to change their outlooks for the better.