Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 23, 2017
So far so great, I'm only a quarter through. But had to comment here because I bought the Kindle version and it's missing page 161. How the heck do you forget a whole page?? 5 stars for the writing and the story itself, I'm completely sucked into the book. But knocking a star cause I have no idea what happens when he gets back from the desert.
on February 12, 2017
They all claim that they are innocent and a product of their childhood. Yes we can allow ourselves to believe it or we can go on and make a good life for ourselves. I think Manson fed the author garbage information because he actually believes that it's all society's fault. Good read and an easy book to pick up & continue reading at any point although I don't believe most of it because after all....the story was written to sell books.
on October 5, 2017
great read. the murders you want buy this book to read about are only covered in the last two chapters.
on July 1, 2014
"In his own words"Mansons guilty.His upbringing is sad but at the end of the day he's guilty for his actions.We've all been abused by society in one way or another but it's what we do with that abuse that makes us.A child can be abused and neglected by their parents and decide I'm going to change that pattern and be a better parent for my kids.
on December 23, 2012
I liked it a lot. Manson said it was all changed around and garbage. I still liked it and found it interesting. It's in my top 5 of Manson books. This subject has so many twists, turns and side stories happening. It's just an incredible story. My picks in order on this subject are - 1) The Family, 2) Shadow Over Santasusana, 3) Manson: In His Own Words, 4) Will You Die For Me?, 5) Helter Skelter.
on February 1, 2017
I really was fascinated with Manson's life. I read everything I could find on the murders at the time and watched the updates on the trial in the news.
I was surprised to know he had a relationship with his mother. I thought he was abandoned when born and didn't know her. I felt he was honest in his telling of the story (what does he have to loose by lying at this point).
on March 10, 2017
it seems to be a pretty compelling story,i read helter skelter first,but i have some pages missing
on March 31, 2017
I actually felt bad for Manson but he is where he needs to be. Horrendous read but interesting
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2017
Parts of this book seem a bit self-serving, but I suppose that's to be expected. I was discharged from the Army right after the murders that led to Manson's notoriety and have read most of the books and seen the movie, Helter Skelter. Consequently, this account makes perfect sense to me. I can't imagine what it would be like to live a life like he has.
on January 26, 2017
First of all you can't believe anything he says. If his upbringing of abandonment, brutal abuse is true, then I can understand why he turned out the way he did. Granted there are people who have gone thru what he did and still manage to have a half way normal life. I don't know how some people manage to hang on, I never could. Interesting story