Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $12.99 shipping
+ $15.24 shipping
4-Year Home Improvement Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Mantis 7225-00-02 2-Cycle Gas-Powered Tiller/Cultivator
|Price:||$368.28 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The commercial grade 2-cycle engine is powerful, reliable and utilizes push-button priming for easier starting.
- The compact design allows the tiller to get in tight spaces and be stored where larger tillers cannot go.
- The patented reversible tines can be used to till down 10 inches or shallow cultivate the top 2 to 3 inches of soil.
- 5 Year consumer warranty on entire tiller including engine, plus a lifetime warranty on tines against breakage.
- CARB compliant
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
All season tiller with patented serpentine tines that till down to 10", chop through tough sod or hard clay soil. Tines spin at up to 240 RPM and are mounted under the engine so you can guide the unit between narrow rows and tight spaces. Powerful commercial grade 2-cycle engine and durable 1-piece gear box. Push-button priming for quick starts. Infinite speed control and shut-off switch. Lightweight, fold-down handle bars are well braced and perfectly balanced for long reach into garden beds or carrying to the shed. 5 year consumer warranty. The tines are guaranteed for life against breakage. No. 7225-00-02: Tilling Type: Garden Tiller, Tilling Depth: 10"
You'll be ready to garden all year round with the Mantis 7225-00-02 Two-Cycle Gas-Powered Tiller/Cultivator. With a powerful engine, durable tines, and compact profile, the Mantis Tiller/Cultivator is ideal for creating new gardens, tilling in narrow rows and raised beds, or along fences. Whether you're a first-time gardener breaking through new ground or a veteran green thumb, the Mantis Tiller/Cultivator will help you maintain a bountiful garden for years to come.
perfect for tilling in narrow rows.
Master and amateur gardeners alike find it handy for both new and established gardens. View larger.
Powerful but Easy to Control
Don't be fooled by the small, compact design of the Mantis Tiller/Cultivator. Though it weighs a mere 20 pounds and has a width of only nine inches, the Mantis is powerful, thanks to its two-cycle, commercial-grade gas engine.
A reliable push-button primer will get you started, but the tines won't move until you squeeze the throttle. Once you've activated the throttle, the patented serpentine tines spin at up to 240 RPM to break through sod--even hard clay--tilling down to a depth of 10 inches.
The Mantis Tiller/Cultivator makes it easy to maintain your garden. Simply reverse the tines to shallow-cultivate depths of up to three inches--it's much faster than using hand tools. And because it tills a nine-inch-wide path, this tool is especially useful in tight spaces and hard-to-reach areas. That's a real advantage for raised-bed gardeners.
Convenient, Versatile, and Durable
The Mantis Tiller/Cultivator features folding handle bars which make it convenient to store in a garage or tool shed.
And with optional attachments (sold separately), the Mantis Tiller/Cultivator can be used beyond the confines of your garden. Its lightweight design and convenient carrying handle make it portable, so adding an accessory such as a border edger or hedge trimmer could potentially keep you busy all summer and into the fall.
The tiller/cultivator's durable one-piece cast gear box is designed to last. Additionally, the tines are guaranteed against breakage for the lifetime of the tool.
What's in the Box
Gas-powered tiller/cultivator with serpentine tines.
Patented serpentine tines spin at up to 240 RPM to break through sod
and even hard clay, tilling down to a depth of 10 inches. View larger.
See all Product description
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here is my story starting it for the first time.
(1) Use gloves. Your finger may get some blisters without it.
(2) Go to hardware store and buy spark plug wrench. The spark plug was overly tightened at the factory. I used a rubber hammer to open it.
(3) The problem that the engine did not start was because of wet spark plug. I had to clean it with a rag several times.
(4) It did start for 3 seconds then stopped. Try again.
(5) Then it started to 10 seconds then stopped. Pull it again.
(6) It started for 1 minute then stopped. Keep trying.
(7) Then it started for 2 minutes. I finally run the tines. Wow! it was a powerful little machine.
It may take a while on a hard or heavy soil like mine but it is capable to till such soil. It was doing a fine job on my garden.
I have a cover crop planted on two 4 x 10 feet raised bed. I was thinking to rototill the cover crop. It didn't work. The plant was very long and stuck on the tine causing it not spinning. I have to take the tines apart to be able to reach the tangled plants in the middle.
I gave it 4 starts because it was doing good job but difficult to start for the first time.
I used it to rototill 8x14 area yesterday. I was so surprised. It ran with 2 or 3 pull. It was doing a great job yesterday.
Short return window on an occasional item cost me hundreds of dollars. That tiller ended up in the trash after 2 months.......The local dealer said it wasn't worth fixing, but if I had bought it from him he would have replaced it.
Really rips up and mixes the soil. I would recommend it for established beds or bare ground. It's not that great tilling up sod unless you have alot of time on your hands. Small patches ok but large areas of sod I would rent a big tiller or dig it out by hand. I think the key to it's performance is that the engine is over the tines. I think that added weight helps it dig being such a light machine. Easy to turn and maneuver.
Don't get it wet as some parts are basically raw steel that will rust in no time. Occasionally you may have to untangle the tines if tilling over weeds but it's easy as the tines come right off by hand. Never had a problem starting it or running it.
Made my gardening life a whole lot easier.
I forgot that I had to replace the pull cord and the pull cord recoil spring. They get alot of use.
Got home with the FG110 just a bit ago. We will see how she does. I would like to know what to do to get the SV-5C/2 engine on the Mantis to crank or find a replacement for it.
Most recent customer reviews
A great machine ! Sometimes slightly difficult to start. Once going it's a real power house.,and I like being able to remove the tines easily for cleaning..
And had no problems. This one refuses to start, it sputters but won't run.