A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations, Eighth Edition: Chicago Style for Students and Researchers (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing) 8th Edition, Kindle Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
But the worst thing about the book is the index. There are no page numbers. Instead, the index uses section numbers. For example, If you look up citation of manuscripts, you're guided to "17.6.4," then you have to flip through the book until you find that section. It's on page 195; why couldn't the index just list 195? Finding sections is awkward and unnecessarily time consuming because the sections are different lengths, and start in different parts of the page, unlike page numbers which are all in the top corners, and equal length--it's why they're there! I can only assume that the publisher is attempting to save money by not having to re-index the entire work when printing a new edition. To University of Chicago Press: give readers a proper index, please.
I thought it would be fun and convenient to replace my lost paperback copy of an old edition of Turabian with the Kindle edition, and boy was I wrong. Reading the kindle edition takes forever when I want to look up an answer to a specific question. I can search by keyword, but then I get way too many results that aren't relevant. When reading the electronic version the text formatting is awkwardly and inefficiently presented. Worse, instead of scrolling the text while you read, the only option is to completely change the page, so forget about scrolling to put the important text at the top of your screen where it is comfortable for your head to gaze. If Turabian saw this Kindle format of her book, then she would have some strict instructions to fix this mess! Save yourself some trouble, and get the paperback version where the index in the back is organized by words that actually matter, and you can read the text more easily.
I might even read it cover to cover.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I recommend this book if you're having trouble writing your papers for college. Detailed and easy to follow guideline.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Research
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Research
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Fiction
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Writing Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Medical eBooks > Research
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Research
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing Skills