|Price:||$25.06 ($22.78 / Pound) & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Manuka Doctor Bio Active 10 Plus Honey, 1.1 Pound
- 100% natural Manuka honey from New Zealand, independently certified country of origin
- Independent laboratory tested Bio Active rating that relates to the total activity comprised predominately of peroxide activity
- Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Oxidant qualities
- Natural energy source with the added benefits of the Bio Activity
- Use in beverages, as a sweetener substitute or slowly dissolved in your mouth by the spoonful to receive the full benefits of this Super Food
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Flavor: 10 Plus | Size: 1.1 Pound
100% pure New Zealand honey.
Not suitable for infants under 12 months. Store in a cool place away from direct sunlight. If honey consistency becomes hard, warm to soften.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
1. It says UMF, MGO, or OMA clearly on the front of the jar
2. It says “Active” on it
3. It is packed into jars and labelled in New Zealand
4. It’s from a New Zealand company that is licensed to use the name UMF (which is actually a trademarked name), OMA, or MGO
5. It has the UMF, OMA, or MGO licensee’s name on the front label
6. It has at least a rating of UMF or OMA 15+ or more, or if it is MGO, then at least 250+
Apparently 16 is the highest rating that is naturally found. While there are manuka honeys rated above 20, I've heard that some companies artificially reach this lofty rating for marketing purposes, so I’m sticking with 16 and probably wouldn't go lower than that.
0 – 10 is pretty much just normal honey, and while ratings 10 – 15 are less expensive and have some beneficial properties, they don’t have as much as we’d like. I figure that if I’m going to shell out for honey that’s pricier than normal, I may as well go ahead and get the real good stuff!
Next, there is mention that the honey is "tested" but the lab isn't named. Nor is the assay method described to let us know how they got to the 15+ rating.
Lastly, it is in a plastic container with recycle code 1. This is a plastic type that is known to leech BPA which may cause cancer. This might be BPA-free plastic but we just don't know, nothing on the label.
When I went to the website to look for answers I was surprised to see that this product isn't even listed on their website. They appear to be a skin care company so I'm not confident they know anything about producing a quality manuka honey that can be used to treat certain conditions when it is prepared properly. I think they need to work on their labeling and get this product up on their website with more information.
Plan on trying them all before settling on one. Some work better than others, and every body is different. This brand works wonders on me while others mess with my blood sugar levels.
I use 20 and 24 plus. I wake up in the AM, drink two glasses of water. Eat A half to a full teaspoon of honey by itself. Some more water. Wait 30min. Then breakfast. Every day. you wouldn't believe what symptoms this has relieved if I told you.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The flavor in this product is outstanding. I've been using manuka honey as a part of my daily health regimen and this honey makes the experience even more enjoyable. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Robert Bentz
I just got the product and had my first taste. Seems to be really good product. I hope it works for me.Published 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
Love this stuff. Just for the taste alone. I seem to feel better on this but not sure if it really the manuka or not.Published 8 days ago by Kindle Customer