Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage with Linear Bearings
Want this professionally assembled?
- Have an expert assemble your product at a time that works for you
- No hassles; No heavy lifting; No fumbling with tiny parts, complex instructions, or tools
- Your expert will ensure that your assembled product is carefully inspected for safety
- Quality service by a handpicked local expert; Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Off the floor base frame design provides increased stability
- Dual action leg developer with 6 oversized roller pads and row/curl bar. Proper pivot point on leg developer for proper muscle isolation.
- Adjustable bar catches and safety stoppers
- Diamond plated non-slip foot brace for seated row exercises
- Warranty: 2 years limited on parts
- Weights not included
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Marcy Diamond Elite Smith System with Linear Bearings
Gym Quality For Your Home
The Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage is designed for the home, but built like a club machine. This total body training system combines a Smith machine, with precision, linear bearings, an Olympic free-weight rack and a cable routed pulley system, all in one attractive and versatile product.
Versatile - Comprehensive Exercise Options
Because the MD-9010G combines 3 different types of strength building machines in one compact design, it allows you to perform over 100 club-quality exercises. The MD-9010G also comes with a unique Cable Cross dual pulley system that allows you to perform Functional type exercises that employ movements associated with sports specific movements and day-to-day tasks.
Full Featured Components
Other features include a multi-function weight bench with total leg developer and bicep preacher curl; a cable routed pectoral fly station for targeting chest muscles, safety Olympic bar catches, adjustable Smith bar catches, a 600-lb. total weight capacity and a lifetime of enjoyment.
- 2 inch x 2 3/4 inch and 2 inch x 2 inch heavy duty tubular steel construction
- Durable powder coated finish
- 2000 lbs. tensile strength aircraft cable
- Smith's "Ultra-Glide" linear bearings assures smoothest movement
- Commercial grade pop pin adjustment with tightening features
- "Off the floor" base frame design provides increased stability
- Multi-function bench included with preacher pad and Olympic sleeve on leg developer
- High density deluxe boxed upholstery
Design Call Outs
High pulley cable cross-overs allow full pectoral workout.
High quality 1 inch chrome guide rods.
Safe and Comfortable Frame Design
Frame structure features a 7-degree slant designed to accommodate the natural upper and lower body movements.
Safety Measures Included
Adjustable bar catches and safety stoppers.
Cage uprights feature chromed diamond striker plates and commercial grade bar and safety catch.
Diamond plated non-slip foot brace for seated row exercises.
Weight Plate Storage
6 Olympic plate storage pegs.
Includes Lat Bar, Triceps Rope, Shiver Bar, Ankle Strap, Chrome row handle and 2 Single handles.
Leg Developer and Row/Curl Handle
Dual action leg developer with 6 oversized roller pads and row/curl handle.
Adjustable Sliding Track
Chrome sliding track for easy pop pin back pad angle adjustment.
Proper pivot point on leg developer for proper muscle isolation.
Pulley's and Sealed Ball Bearings
3 3/4 inch nylon pulleys with sealed ball bearings.
At the early age of 19, Walter Marcyan began training with barbells and soon after won the central AAU Light Heavyweight Lifting Championship. From 1934 through 1940, Walter Marcyan began entertaining audiences as a Vaudeville Strongman, performing incredible feats of strength and balancing acts.
In the early 1940’s, Walter Marcyan moved to Santa Monica, California where he began training at the newly established Muscle Beach: a famous training facility that still exists today and where many of the legendary pioneers of bodybuilding such as Jack LaLanne, Bill Pearl, and Arnold Schwarzenegger began their careers.
In 1946, Walter Marcyan opened the first of seven strength training gymnasiums, House of Health, in the Los Angeles area. He was the first to offer personal trainers to his members and emphasized the importance of strength training to men, women and children.
In the early 1950’s, Walter Marcyan participated in the first organized body building competitions. Based on his own personal experiences, Walter Marcyan began building his own strength training equipment for his gyms in Los Angeles.
In 1959, Walter Marcyan founded Marcy Gymnasium Equipment Company. Walter Marcyan believed that everyone should have the opportunity and the knowledge to exercise at home with their own, professional grade equipment. Walter Marcyan was an innovator and a visionary. His patented designs were years ahead of their time and still widely used in commercial and home applications today.
Now, 50 years old and still going stronger than ever, the legendary Marcy brand continues to make its mark by offering new and innovative products to consumers worldwide.
For the truly serious home strength training and workout look no further than the Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage with Linear Bearings. The designers of this smith style machine had your entire routine in mind when they added features like ''Ultra-Glide'' linear bearings, dual-function leg developer and press bar with sealed linear bearings. This model includes a low pulley with a foot rest perfect for row exercises which workout oft neglected major muscle groups. Integrating efficient fitness technology with ease of use allows for a smooth routine with every use of the Marcy Smith Cage. All pulley functions operate with an independent motion system that accentuates each precision exercise executed. This machine has a compact design and six Olympic weight plate storage pegs that help you keep a tidy home gym and fluid movement from exercise to exercise. Marcy Diamond Deluxe Smith Cage dimensions 95'' L x 79'' W x 86'' H About Impex Fitness Established in 1980, Impex Fitness is on the front lines of innovation in today's health marketplace. They specialize in home fitness/smith machine style equipment that appeals to the whole family and offers a complete workout experience. Impex encompasses a variety of brands including Marcy, Competitor, Hers, Easy Outdoor and Gym Dandy for children. Your family's health as their highest priority, Impex Fitness strives to develop the most pioneering fitness equipment available. 2''and 2.75'' 14 gauge square steel tubing. High density foam and two-toned vinyl upholstery. Contoured foam roller pads and adjustable curl pad. Accepts 7 ft. Olympic size barbell. Includes storage posts for weight plates. 3.75'' nylon reinforced pulley with sealed bearings. Manufacturer's warranty included (see product guarantee).
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Assembly of the machine is a pain and time consuming (took me about 10 hours), but it is worth it at the end. I put it together completely by myself so if you are alone it can be done. The instructions were not bad, although they were vague at a few steps.
I've been working out with this equipment for about two weeks now and I love it. It has exceeded even my high expectations. I recently moved to a more rural area with less gyms in the area. Plus, I work nights and like to workout later than most. Having the equipment in my basement has made it so convienent to workout I have zero excuses not to get to the gym. The versitility of this equipment makes it so much better than similarly prices home gyms that target only specific exercises like leg press, lat pull down, peck deck, and seated chess press.
The equipment really stacks up against gym quality equipment. I don't know how it will hold up (as I've only had it two weeks), but the equipment feels very solid at this point. The bearings on the smith rack roll easily and freely. The cable exercises feel similar to exercises on equipment at a gym designed specifically for that one exercise. The pully system also offers enough resistance so that you don't have to try to completely overload it with weight. Between the uppper pullies and lower pully you can do so many different exercises (seated rows, standing cable curls, seated cable curls, skull crushers, tricep extensions, tricep kickbacks, overhead tricept extensions, peck-deck flies, cable cross overs, and the list goes on...). I have found I can change some minor things to make exercises work that I wouldn't have expected to be done on this equipment. For example I used to do standing lateral cable raises at the gym, but found the range of motion wasn't far enough on this equipment from the low pully. So instead I must do them seated. You can really come up with a ton of different excercises to do on this equipment. Someone in a different review commented that the lat pull down doesn't hold down your legs so it is useless. I have found that if you put the smith bar down on your legs and lock it into place using the pins for racking a free bar to the front of machine, it will hold your legs down. So again sometimes it takes just a small change to make an exercise work. When you add an olymic bar, a set of adjustable dumbells, and a pull-up bar to the mix, the list of things you can do includes nearly everything I would do at a gym. I guess the one shortfall of the equipment would be exercises for legs. The bench has the leg extension equipment on it, but the length of my legs make it diffcult to use.
All in all if you are thinking about buying a home gym get this one!
(1) This machine is BIG!!! While the dimensions given in the product description are technically accurate, one must keep in mind that a user must have ample access to the rear of the machine in order to add/remove weights from the cable system. One must also have ample room to add/remove weights from the smith bar. Luckily I had an empty basement with plenty of space, but the product has a much larger footprint than I expected.
(2) Assembly was easy. It took me approximately 6 hours to get this thing together, but the instructions were clear, and I had no problems. Patience is key. It helps to have two people, especially for attaching the four primary vertical frame pieces. Those guys are heavy. Also, I highly recommend NOT tightening any of the bolts on the pulley system until the entire system is assembled. Just hand-tighten at first. The instructions guide you to install certain pulleys that then have to be removed later in order to feed the cable system through the pulley system.
(3) Plan on making a $30 trip to the hardware store. While not necessary, I found that a quick trip to the hardware store to buy some extra lengths of chain and some small carabiners increased the ease and functionality of the system exponentially. The provided lengths of chain just limit the range of motion for some exercises.
In conclusion, I highly recommend this machine. Some features are a bit cheesy (like the preacher curl attachment on the leg extension-I took my angle grinder and chopped that thing off right off the bat. I use the preacher curl pad with my Olympic curl bar now), but all in all, the product provides a great variety of exercise for the price, and it's sturdy as all get-out.
I apologize for the issue you've experienced with trying to reach our customer service dept. Please feel free to email me directly at debraL@impex-fitness.com and provide your mailing address, so that we may send the pulleys needed to get your machine up and running again.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've had free weights, weight machines and gym memberships, non of which allowed me the freedom to...