Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by The Lone Bellow Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Color: Black/Gray/Copper|Change

on September 26, 2016
I have found that this was exactly what I was looking for. I'm a 72 year old woman and I was able to get it upstairs and put together by myself. It was well packed and the instructions were clear and it included a couple of wrenches for ease in tightening bolts. One warning - DO NOT remove the rubber band that holds the wiring for the computer part that is at the end of the tube until you are ready to hook it up. If you do, the wire will fall down in the tube! I managed to retrieve it with a long crochet hook! The only problem I encountered.
As for its functioning - it's completely quiet, smooth and easy to move around. You can ride it sitting back or lean forward, grab the handlebars like a regular bike. I do both. I do recommend this bike for anyone who wants to exercize in the privacy of your own home. I did 10 miles on my first session!
11 comment| 204 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2010
I've been using this bike for about two years and I absolutely love it. I turn on the television and watch a movie or play video games and the time flies by! I honestly forget I'm riding it sometimes, though that depends how good the movie or video game is! I have to get up every 30 minutes to stretch and give my buttocks a break, but it's a very comfortable seat overall. I keep a pillow stashed between the seat and backrest for even more comfort. When I started, I was 400 lbs so there's no weight limit that I'm aware of. Easy to assemble, and you can adjust the tension from 1-8 to make your workout easier or harder. Plus, the legs rotate forward or backward, so you can ride in any direction you please. It also allows you to adjust the length from the seat to the pedals, so if you're short or tall you can adjust it to fit your needs. Also, it's relatively heavy but the bottom of the unit includes rollers, so it rolls across the carpet or hardwood flooring for easy storage. The unit is magnetic so it's very quiet--can't hear a thing when you're riding. The digital screen tracks time elapsed, calories burned, distance traveled and current speed; you can set it to rotate between these display options or set it to stick to a single option (for instance, if you only want to see time elapsed). I haven't replaced the batteries yet (I think they're two AA), so they seem to last forever. I don't use the handlebars or the sidebars--my knees kept hitting the handlebars so I removed them, making it easier to ride. My only suggestion: It could use a headrest, but if you put it in front of a wall or fashion a headrest on it like I did, you're set to kick back and watch the pounds melt away!

I lost 60 pounds over the course of a few months doing no other exercise other than riding this recumbent bike in my room. Yeah, it's THAT good. Great exercise bike that's well worth the price!
1515 comments| 892 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2016
This bike is fantastic for the price! It's easy on the back; nice on the eyes; and gives a good work out. It's stable and easy to get on and off. It's actually the 2nd Marcy exercise bike I've bought. I sold my first one when I moved. When I decided to get a replacement I read many reviews on several different bikes.I decided to buy the Marcy again -- and I'm not disappointed. You can't beat the price or value of the Marcy! Deliver was also excellent. The guy from Fed Ex brought the bike inside the house for me. The box was still in good condition. If I'd had to return the bike, no way could I have gotten in back into that box! Fortunately, assembly was a breeze -- all the parts were there and with nothing bent or broken.

Highly recommend this bike!
review image
on October 18, 2016
I just received this item and finished putting it together. It took about an hour and a half (that included unpacking everything) and was fairly easy. The instructions were humorous. It called for one type of bolt that was marked wrong on the board that carried all the nuts, bolts, washers, etc. You could clearly see which bolt was called for in the picture though. There was also a few places where the instructions called for 4 bolts, and 3 washers when clearly it was supposed to be 4 and 4. As long as you stick to the picture it's a piece of cake. Nothing was missing, nothing was damaged, and it seems solid. The computer works well in tracking distance, time, etc. You can see from the pics that the seat has been crunches in shipping, but that may work itself out over time. You don't feel it when you're sitting on it, so no worries there. Now we'll see how it holds up to 4 people using it!
review image review image
11 comment| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2011
My wife loved the bike for about two weeks. Then she felt a periodic inconsistency in resistance related to her pedaling speed. A corresponding noise became increasingly annoying. At her request I opened it up and found that the flywheel axle pulley had been over-tightened during assembly causing damage to the ball bearings. The normally sealed bearing was crushed and the balls were falling out. While design is a factor, incorrect assembly is the greater culprit. I speculate that the other reviewers that have mentioned inconsistent pedal resistance have the same problem. I registered the product today on [...] and will be seeking a replacement part. These parts are all internal to the "Main frame" so I'm uncertain as to whether I'll receive just the bearing or an entire main frame. I will update this post with their response.

Update:
I apologize for the delayed response. I did get it fixed. I called the company and reported the problem and within days they sent me a new flywheel (magnetic resistance wheel) that included a new axle and bearings. I noticed that it was missing the appropriate washers (same as the original) to protect the axle bearing so it would have caused a similar problem again. I used one washer from the old axle and changed the assembly order. I called back their tech support and reported my findings and they were very gracious and said they would get immediate word to the factory.
After installing the flywheel appropriately, it has given many hours of good service. My wife has thoroughly enjoyed it. That said, I couldn't recommend the product until I knew that the factory had corrected their assembly procedures.
1111 comments| 723 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2017
Product packaging calls for "two or more" people to put this together; two would be ideal, I think three would be one too many, but it is possible for one person to put it together. It is not easy, this may have been the hardest item to assemble and I have assembled all kinds of items now on my own, but with the some patience and perseverance it can be done. You definitely want to keep the included tools handy, the bolts on the seat seem to loosen VERY easily (and the packaging warns you should check them frequently as well).

The first step also calls for the removal of a "safety piece". That was a real pain in the neck because it looks like it belongs there and there is nothing to suggest how one should remove it...it looks like black box inside the center piece that rests on the floor. It does not belong there. The trick is to look for the hole where a bolt will go in, take a screw driver and nudge the black piece forward. You might have to wiggle it a bit to see that it does indeed move and then wiggle it forward enough to get the piece out. That was the most annoying part of assembling this cycle.

Beyond that, it is a very quiet exercise bike, I have been using it every day since I got it assembled and it works great. Well worth the money.
on April 18, 2017
It went together very easily, however the box it came in looked like it was run over with a truck. There was a fist sized hole in the side of the box, and the foam cover for the seat handle has a 5 inch gash. I'm not even sure how to go about getting a replacement part for it. Part of the internal packaging was wedged on so tightly, that I had to take a Dremel tool to it, to cut it off. The pole in the front of the bike, that the computer, and the manual tensioner fit into took me a half an hour to get free, because the heavy duty packaging was jammed on so hard and far that it bent the plastic housing on the wheel housing. I'm hoping that the bike continues to work well, considering the packagings very rough condition when it was delivered.
on December 27, 2016
Purchased as a gift for myself. Can't speak to the difficulty level in putting it together because it was put together for me by family members. It took them approximately an hour to get it together.

The bike works as intended and it is very quiet when I'm using it. The bike may be intended to work for individuals 5 feet to 6 feet tall, but people closer to the five foot range might have difficulty reaching the pedals unless they have long legs. I am 5'4 and have the seat as close to the pedals as it can be adjusted and it fits me perfectly.

The bike is very comfortable to sit on and use. The only negative I can think of is that the bike feels a little wobbly when I'm pedaling fast. Nothing alarming, but it (seat, handles & back rest) wobbles/wiggles a little like something (screws or bolts) need to be tightened - even though everything is tightened as it should be. Other than that I am very happy with the product.
on January 12, 2017
As received, the bike was not sized appropriately for my 5' wife, however I was able to move it several inches closer than the shortest setting through application of several hand tools (had to back out two screws and "rearrange" some internal metal bits from manufacturing slop), and now it's just fine for her. Like another reviewer, I could drill a new hole for the adjustment knob, but given that it sits on a padded surface that holds the feet snugly in place, there is no risk of it moving on it's own so I haven't bothered. Works great otherwise, and gets daily use. Dropping a star might be a little harsh, would give it 4.5 if that was possible. Was not difficult to assemble.
on June 18, 2017
They took a lot of care in packaging this. They used steel parts to protect some of the parts from being smashed during shipping. My package was almost DETSTOYED looking and I almost refused it. Even though the box was shredded and dented, not a single part was damaged. Only thing that was damaged was the metal parts added to protect it. Very intuitive on their part.

Assemble was quick and easy, All tools needed are provided. All the parts fit perfect and the painted finish was tough and high quality.

The operation of the bike itself is very smooth and exactly what I was looking for. No frills display that just shows time, distance, calories. Just enough information.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.