Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Fitness Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- STEP-THROUGH DESIGN – Featuring heavy-duty construction 14-gauge steel tubing with a powder coated finish, the step-through design allows maximum mobility during training for quick mounting and dismounting that is created easier for the knees and back.
- EIGHT RESISTANCE LEVELS – This stationary bike uses a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of resistance. The tension knobs control the difficulty to simulate riding on different terrains and customize your workout according to fitness level! EASY-TO-
- READ COMPUTER SCREEN – The ultra-functional LCD computer screen acts as an odometer and has a sharp panel display that shows time, speed, distance, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for great readability.
- COMFORTABLE PADDED SEAT – The equipment has an ergonomically designed saddle furnished with comfortable high-density foam. It features contoured foam-covered handles for extra support of the back and arms to help maintain proper form when exercising.
- COUNTERBALANCED PEDALS – Weighted pedals designed to provide maximal foot support while offering ultimate control. This bike is equipped with adjustable foot straps to create the perfect fit for your feet.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Marcy ME-709 Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Exercise Bike
Looking for an easy way to shed unwanted pounds and increase cardiovascular endurance without sacrificing precious floor space? The ME-709 magnetic recumbent exercise bike is the answer.
With the ME-709, you will benefit from similar type exercise features that are typically offered on larger and more expensive exercise bikes. This recumbent exercise bike was built with a compact design that conveniently fits into the smallest exercise spaces.
Shape, firm and tone your physique and increase your body’s cardiovascular endurance while burning calories and losing weight.
Includes a manufacturer’s 2 year limited warranty.
8 pre-set levels of smooth magnetic resistance are delivered by eddy current.
Easy to read computer screen displays speed, distance, time and calories burned.
Comfortable Padded Seat
The padded seat offers support and comfort while pedaling off those calories.
Counter balanced weighted pedals with foot straps keeps your feet in the proper position.
At the early age of 19, Walter Marcyan began training with barbells and soon after won the central AAU Light Heavyweight Lifting Championship. From 1934 through 1940, Walter Marcyan began entertaining audiences as a Vaudeville Strongman, performing incredible feats of strength and balancing acts.
In the early 1940’s, Walter Marcyan moved to Santa Monica, California where he began training at the newly established Muscle Beach: a famous training facility that still exists today and where many of the legendary pioneers of bodybuilding such as Jack LaLanne, Bill Pearl, and Arnold Schwarzenegger began their careers.
In 1946, Walter Marcyan opened the first of seven strength training gymnasiums, House of Health, in the Los Angeles area. He was the first to offer personal trainers to his members and emphasized the importance of strength training to men, women and children.
In the early 1950’s, Walter Marcyan participated in the first organized body building competitions. Based on his own personal experiences, Walter Marcyan began building his own strength training equipment for his gyms in Los Angeles.
In 1959, Walter Marcyan founded Marcy Gymnasium Equipment Company. Walter Marcyan believed that everyone should have the opportunity and the knowledge to exercise at home with their own, professional grade equipment. Walter Marcyan was an innovator and a visionary. His patented designs were years ahead of their time and still widely used in commercial and home applications today.
Now, 50 years old and still going stronger than ever, the legendary Marcy brand continues to make its mark by offering new and innovative products to consumers worldwide.
|Marcy Magnetic Recumbent Bike ME-709||Marcy Magnetic Recumbent Bike NS-716R||Marcy Magnetic Recumbent Bike NS-908R||Marcy Magnetic Recumbent Bike NS-40502R|
|Assembled Size||55.5L x 25W x 37.5H inches||52L x 25W x 38H inches||49.25L x 25.5W x 36.25H inches||57L x 25W x 43.5H inches|
|Product Weight||60 lbs||55 lbs||50 lbs||68 lbs|
|User Weight Capacity||300 lbs||300 lbs||300 lbs||300 lbs|
|Adjustable Length||40 - 49 inches||31 - 36 inches||23 - 28 inches||36 - 41 inches|
|Battery type||2 AA Batteries (not included)||2 AA Batteries (not included)||2 AA Batteries (not included)||2 AA Batteries (not included)|
|LCD Display||Speed, Distance, Time, Calories, Odometer||Speed, Distance, Time, Calories, Odometer||Speed, Distance, Time, Calories, Odometer, Pulse||Speed, Distance, Time, Calories, Odometer|
|Special Features||8-level Smooth magnetic resistance, Adjustable pedals and seat, Transport wheels for portability, 3.5" LCD display||One cup holder, 8-level Smooth magnetic resistance, Adjustable pedals and seat, Transport wheels for portability, 3.5" LCD display||Handle pulse sensor, 8-level Smooth magnetic resistance, Adjustable pedals and seat, Transport wheels for portability, 2.25" LCD display||8-level Smooth magnetic resistance, Adjustable pedals and seat, Transport wheels for portability, 3.5" LCD display|
Whether you want to boost your cardiovascular endurance or shed pounds, the Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike is the perfect workout equipment to add to your home gym! Save on gym memberships and make your abode into your new favorite workout place with this exercise bike. Shed weight and gain muscles by engaging in a full-body workout in your own home!
Made of premium 14-gauge steel tubing, PVC, and rubber, the workout bike has a high-quality structure that combines design and performance with a powder coated finish. Sturdy enough to resist scratches, chips, and damages from the environment, ensuring that it will withstand heavy daily use. The specially designed seat with contoured handles facilitates proper body form allowing your body to conform precisely to the equipment, helping your workout take maximum effect on your target areas. The step through design is created so that it is easier on the knees and back.
This stationary bike also uses a magnetic resistance system featuring eight preset levels of resistance, ideally for gym buffs and fitness starters alike. The resistance is adjusted with a tension knob to customize your cardio training according to your fitness level. The exercise bike’s sharp panel display acts as an odometer and tracks time, speed, distance traveled, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for easier reading.
ME-709 recumbent exercise bike is equipped with wheels allowing maximum mobility so you can easily move it anywhere in the gym or home to store conveniently wherever you want. The assembled product dimensions are 55.5 x 25 x 37.5 inches.
Invest in this premium piece of gym equipment now and have an intense fat-burning cardio workout session right in the comfort of your home!
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As for its functioning - it's completely quiet, smooth and easy to move around. You can ride it sitting back or lean forward, grab the handlebars like a regular bike. I do both. I do recommend this bike for anyone who wants to exercize in the privacy of your own home. I did 10 miles on my first session!
Highly recommend this bike!
What I Like:
- Super affordable
- High weight limit (near 300lbs i believe). Almost every bike in this class had a much lower weight limit and for me that means a chincy bike. I'm no where near 300lbs, but I wanted something stable that wouldn't feel like it was going to bust apart by cycling at a high speed. This bike gets the job done.
- Low Profile, it is fairly low to the ground meaning it isnt an eye sore and is easy to hide when company is visiting.
- Weight, it feels around 50 or 60 lbs but is very easy to move around and has glider "wheels" on the front support bar if you need it.
- Overall value, I looked at bikes around $300 which did not match up this bike (for m.y needs and budget)
What i do not like:
- Lack of high tension settings. You have eight tension levels to bike on, I feel that only 6 through 8 give me any sort of challenge. I'd rather they do away with some of the lower tension settings and add a few higher ones.
- No programs. Unlike higher end bikes, the "computer" on this bike only counts your time, speed, distance per session, calories burned and total distance lifetime. It has no "weight loss" or "mountain" programs that automatically change the tension for you like on higher end bikes. Now, I knew this going in and I happily saved the few hundred dollars by not getting a "program bike" but it still is a draw back if you don't like the idea of switching tensions yourself. I switch the tensions to create my own programs, but it can be nuisance. If your budget is low for a bike, leave the program features out.
- Inaccurate calorie count. I disregard this feature as it does not seem to be accurate at all, it will say i've burned 50 calories after an hour of biking (regardless of if i bike the whole hour in gear 1 or gear 8. Since i'm working much harder on gear 8, i should be burning more calories).
- Seat. The arm rests are kind of at a weird level (may just be me, i am a taller guy). And the seat does not have as much padding as some of the more expensive bikes but it isn't uncomfortable, just less comfortable than other more expensive bikes.
Overall, I recommend this product if you are on a budget, don't have a lot of room, need something light and easy to assemble. It is a winner in those categories and I do not regret my purchase one iota. The bike has helped me achieve my fitness goals and for that I am happy.