Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Margaret and Margarita/Margarita y Margaret
Format: Paperback|Change

on February 24, 2018
I'm teaching my 2 year old niece Spanish and she enjoys this book. It's one of the better bilingual books I've found for her. And very useful because it actually teaches the concept of languages by showing Spanish and English in action, side by side, as an integral part of the story. Puts Spanish in context, especially for a kid who does not encounter Spanish on a day to day basis - beyond her big book collection, that is!
on April 19, 2010
I teach second grade in NW Ohio, where there isn't much diversity. One of my friends in the school (other teacher) was born in Puerto Rico. We often read this to classes together, as we are much like the two girls in the book. The students are facinated at hearing the story in both English and Spanish. By the end of the story, they are usually able to pick out a few words in Spanish. The story line is very simplistic, but one children can relate to (going to the park and meeting a new friend). The book also provides much discussion about how to make friends even if you don't happen to speak the same language. I would say this book is a MUST for bilingual classrooms as well.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on September 26, 2017
Good idea for a book, but a bit boring in my opinion! I was hoping there was a deeper story within the text!
on October 19, 2017
Perfect for emerging ESOL students in my Pre-K/Kindergarten classroom!!
on October 20, 2016
My 1st grade students LOVED this book!
on September 20, 2013
This book was my daughters favorite book as a little girl. We read it over and over again. As a Cuban American, I always wanted for her to know that all cultures were Important specially her own. That was close to twenty years ago. When a friend asks in lue of cards to bring a book to her baby shower, I just knew this was the book to dedicate. Margaret n margarita will always be remembered with love as I recall those great days of reading to my little girl.
on September 2, 2016
It's a great book! My 6y old loved it! Helps her to understand 2 languages. The only reason I give it 4 stars because I wish it could be longer!
on October 5, 2014
My granddaughters love this book, and it's a good way to teach Spanish.
on October 18, 2014
I use it for my preschool classes the kids like the book
on January 5, 2015