Marine-Tex Standard RM305K-B White
- Marine-Tex is designed for filling, bonding and rebuilding wood, fiberglass, ceramic, glass, metal, masonry and many plastics
- Manufactured to the highest standards to meet the harsh demands of the marine and industrial environments, and solve many problems for home, auto and hobby applications
- Provides waterproof repairs that can be used with fiberglass tape or cloth to bridge holes and reinforce structural repairs as needed
- Emergency and permanent repairs to machinery and equipment, hulls, decks, stripped fasteners, piping and tanks are all easily accomplished with the mighty repair kit
- Marine-Tex can be sanded or ground to shape, tapped and drilled, and finished with most common paints and coatings
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The instructions start with "mix all of part A (can) with all of part B (jar)" - if you need that much at once you will need an application crew and should likely consider a bulk purchase. Photos are of pre and post port-side two-application hull repairs.
Might have to apply direct heat to the hull for awhile so it warms up inside out also.
The surface was rock hard. Will be fun trying to sand this stuff - not.
If I only have to do it once I will be happy.
Will be installing a keelguard after the repair.
4 out of 5 stars just because of the unknowns yet. Seems to be drying good.
It was easy to apply in my eyes. It was easier than spreading JB weld.
I made sure I wiped the surface down about 6 times with cleaner before apply and roughed up with 120 grit.
Will report back if I have any problems.
UPDATE - 4/13
Not 100% sure how to edit the original reviews so I will just put it here. The putty turned out very very hard. Very tough to sand.
Expect to use 36 or 80 grit to knock down high spots. I spent over and hour or two with 80 grit just trying to get the correct shape of my hull.
Turned out pretty good I would have to say. I have only sanded it to 120 grit so far because I had to take the jetski out and make sure it was going to run good before anymore time was put into it.
I used several layers of masking tape on the good surface to make sure I didn't go into the good gelcoat. As soon as the tape started to get roughed up it was time to stop and feel for the step difference.
Very surprised how hard this stuff got. I used a couple old measuring cups to make sure I got the correct amount when mixing.
Mixed for a full 4 minutes. I made sure the heat in the shop stayed at 74 degrees for the full 24 hours.
It does dry very slow.
Hit some pretty hard waves on saturday and it's still there - so far so good.
Top international reviews
Also, this stuff does NOT sand like wood - it's much harder, so you really want to try to get cleanest application you can get because sanding up the excess is not fun.
Need to take precautions as it’s a bit runny.
Rifle bedded perfect. Action is solid now
Easy to sand after it’s cured.
Kit contains enough to do a dozen or more riffle bedding jobs.
As advertised, it sets hard as concrete.
10/10 would recommend.
Paint lays well in it too.