Lyft Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 28 reviews
on May 19, 2015
this came to me with a broken fram, but i was s excited that i decided to keep it. the tank itself is exceptional and i recommend it to anyone. The biowheel is very different than any tank i've ever used, i actually thought it was broken when it stopped spinning, however it just required a little fine cleaning.
on April 11, 2016
Sooooooo satisfied!!!
on September 4, 2016
I have had this aquarium about 6 weeks and so far have been pleased. It houses 3 so-called "feeder fish" (goldfish babies) for my cats to have their sort of own Cat TV. Each little fish (Harold, Annie and Duke) has their own personality. (My ammonia and nitrate levels are now testing at zero, based on API tests bought here on Amazon). The fish are growing beautifully, and I feel so sorry for the fish in the huge tank in the store who are just going to end their short lives as food. I will eventually upgrade in size for these guys but feel very sorry for rest of the fish left behind in those "feeder" tanks - stressful lives filled with disease among hundreds of other fish for a short and miserable life.

As far as plants, I am a novice and planted Amazon Sword and Java fern in gravel and tied an anubia to a resin coral piece. I bought them from Substrate Source here on Amazon. I also have some "spangles" that float on the top, but they get sucked into the filter, so I actually keep them in another tank then once a week or so, sweep some into this tank in case the fish want to nibble in them. All three fish seem to like swimming around the plants and the plants also help to oxygenate and clean the water. The Amazon Sword is doing great, the Anubia is surviving, and the fern is living and getting bigger but I wouldn't say is thriving. I have the light on a timer for 8 hours. If I want the blue light, then I unplug it from the timer and plug it into the outlet normally and switch to blue light setting. The filter makes quite a splash sound when the water comes from the filter because I keep the water levels low, so it's a several inch drop. As far as cat proofing, while it's not 100 percent, it's pretty close. There's a three inch hole in the top where I drop the food that a cat could stick her paw in, and I make sure that's covered with cloth I have draped over the top. I have to admit that I got the fish for my cats to watch but I've been enjoying them very much myself and am trying to give them a good life.

12-29-16: I am very grateful to the other reviewers who pointed out that the water from the filter splashes back up onto the light connection which eventually destroys the light. I placed a plastic barrier (just a plastic holder for stationary) under the light to protect it from the backsplash. So far, this system is working and the light is still functional. I have attached some photos showing 1. The water splashing back onto the light plug, and 2. The plastic I placed under the light. Hopefully this continues to work and can help people have the light to have plants to enrich their fish' lives.
review image review image
on May 24, 2015
I purchased this kit in November 2014. The reviews here on Amazon were mixed, but I decided to go for it. The kit was easy to set up and worked very well..for a while. The biowheel really never worked right, it stopped spinning almost a month after buying it. I didn't mind it too much because everything else appeared to work well. I changed out the filter cartridge a few times and it seemed to do a good job filtering the water. Last night I took the whole filter out to clean it and when I put it back together, it didn't work. I could still hear the motor running but the filter wasn't cycling any water. I did everything I could to try to fix it but eventually gave up. I had to go to the local pet store this morning to get a new filter for my fish. And then tonight I fed my fish and went to turn on the blue LED night time lights and "surprise" that stopped working as well, along with the regular LED lights. So, if you want your aquarium equipment to last about 6 months, this is the kit for you. For the price I'm not sure this is worth it. Tomorrow morning I'm off to the local pet store again to buy replacement equipment. Boo.
on May 8, 2016
It's okay but you will need to change out the water filter because it's really loud. I exchanged the filter for a tetra 20i water filter plus added a quite tetra whisper air pump and now it sounds and looks much better.
on March 25, 2015
i have bought this before and is a great deal as it comes with everything but the gravel,plants and fish
on May 11, 2015
I have purchased many Marineland products and find them superior to other manufactures. Regurding this complete aquarium I upgraded to the Emperor 280 filter after initial set up for better filtration.
on March 9, 2015
Low rating is not only for overall product but (1) wrong hood and part received and (2) it's much cheaper at Petsmart (142 vs 98).
on February 1, 2015
Came with everything that I wanted. But the hood that I got was too small for the aquarium. Without the hood I couldn't light the aquarium.
on July 27, 2015
Great Product Had it for 1 year and no problems love it😃

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.