Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on April 10, 2015
After doing some research and reading some forums I had read that many people were running 2-3 of this efficiently in tanks much larger than mine one person even claimed using a single 300W in a 100 gallon tank and it doing just fine other people claimed running as little as a 200W in a 75 gallon and getting similar results keeping the tank in the perfect range for them (72-76). Now I am unsure of where those people lived but I know I live in Massachusetts which means I need something a little stronger during the winter because I enjoy cold but water does not so if my room is only 50-60 degrees I have to run my heater a little higher. This was keeping my 72 gallon at a decent 74 degrees pretty consistently when the heater was only set to 78-80 which is surprisingly good! However it is not maybe 1.5 months later light is always on this heater and my tank started plummeting to 64 or 62 degrees and I had slowly turned it up to the max setting hoping to warm my tank up and it did nothing luckily I lost no fish to the temperature drop but have now replaced this with 2x200W heaters recommended by my local fish store, I called Marineland and they asked for almost no information besides my mailing address and said a new one will be on the way in 7-10 days. Marineland customer service is the only reason this heater got 2 stars instead of 1. If you need a heater I do not recommend this one.
on February 17, 2014
This heater is total garbage. BEWARE: I bought a total of three of these in the past 6 months. ALL FAILED & WOULD NOT HEAT. STAY AWAY FROM MARINELAND HEATERS. I used these exclusively 20 years ago & they were good quality back then, but now I am convinced that they have went down the drain in workmanship. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! I've been an aquarist for 30 years and never in my life have been so disappointed. TOTAL CRAP!
on September 22, 2017
Worked almost 2 months the it would no longer regulate itself has to be replaced
on December 3, 2013
This heater works good. It's fully submursable which is nice so you can put it anywhere in your tank. I use my horizontally in the center.

The reason I gave it 3 stars is because my original one was defective and stopped heating after about 2.5 - 3 months of use.
The good news is, Marineland replaced it.
on January 1, 2015
Great heater for the size tank I have which is 60 gallon. The reason I like this heater is cause it has a lifetime warranty. Keeps a steady temp no problems with it so far couple months I've had this heater.
on April 12, 2014
Lasted for 1 month and stopped working.....marinelands customer service is excellent and very helpful sent me out 2 new 150watt ones right away until their 300 watt comes back in stock..marineland is excellent company who sticks by their products.
on October 30, 2014
Edit:
So today is 12/7/14. When i purchased from Amazon I ended up buying 2 of these and just found the 2nd one dead this evening. I ended up removing all of these from my show tanks and have utilized them for bulk water storage heating for doing my water changes. So my previous review still stands these things are total garbage. Marineland used to be the king of the aquarium and their name let you know you were getting a quality piece of equipment. That is certainly not the case anymore. Spend your money elsewhere, warranty is nice but is a pain in the butt to remove the heater, email customer service and wait a week for a replacement. You also have the issues of needing to keep backup heaters on hand for when these fail.

Total piece of junk. Shame on me you get what you pay for. Owned this less than 2 months before it broke. Luckily I caught it early before I lost any fish. The accurate within 1 degree is pretty laughable as well. I had mine set for 82 because I wanted my tank at 86. If you value your fish spend the extra money on a quality product and take a pass on Marineland.
on February 5, 2014
These heater worked well after purchase but failed after about an year of use. They seemed to be working but they were not putting out any heat.
on April 16, 2013
I have tried the 'state of the art' high tech heaters and found them not to perform as they were supposed to. This heater is my second one of these and they just do the job, with no problems.
on December 30, 2015
love
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question