Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Intex Mariner 4, 4-Person Inflatable Boat Set with Aluminum Oars and High Output Air Pump (Latest Model)
|Price:||$254.97 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The strong molecular structure of this plastic makes it highly resistant to damage from abrasion, impact and sunlight.
- Four Boston valves on main hull chamber for quick-fills and fast-deflations.
- The keel is inflatable; this results in improved control and handling.
- A durable rock guard lines the circumference of the hull above which an all-around nylon grab line circles the upper hull.
- Weight Capacity: 880 Lbs. (400 kg) - Inflated Dimensions: 129" x 57" x 19" (328 x 145 x 48cm).
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Ideal for a relaxed, low key day on the lake or easy river, the US Coast Guard-approved Intex Mariner 4 has room for four -- with two fishing rod holders, if you'd like to try and catch your lunch -- and four rapidly inflating chambers. Made of Super-Tough PVC material, the Mariner 4 is durable enough to stand up to years of heavy use, and deflates and packs down quickly for easy transport.Features
• Four-person raft measures 57 by 19 by 129 inches (W x H x D)
• 880-pound maximum weight limit
• Made of Super-Tough laminated vinyl that resists abrasion, impact, and UV ray damage
• Heavy-duty extruded plastic flooring for comfort and rigidity
• Inflatable keel for improved control and handling
• Quick-fill, fast-deflate Boston valves
• Rotating oar locks and oar holders
• Two fishing rod holders
• Three inflatable seat cushions for comfort and support
• All-around grab line and rock guard
• Grab handle on each end of the boat for easy carrying
• Battery and gear pouches
• Motor mount fitting
• Certified by the National Marine Manufacturer's Association (NMMA) and U.S. Coast Guard I.D.
• Includes inflatable seats, repair patch kit, 54-inch deluxe aluminum oars, and high-output manual hand pump
Ideal for a relaxed, low key day on the lake or easy river, the US Coast Guard-approved Intex Mariner 4 has room for four -- with two fishing rod holders, if you'd like to try and catch your lunch -- and four rapidly inflating chambers. Made of Super-Tough PVC material, the Mariner 4 is durable enough to stand up to years of heavy use, and deflates and packs down quickly for easy transport.
- Four-person raft measures 57 by 19 by 129 inches (W x H x D)
- 880-pound maximum weight limit
- Made of Super-Tough laminated vinyl that resists abrasion, impact, and UV ray damage
- Heavy-duty extruded plastic flooring for comfort and rigidity
- Inflatable keel for improved control and handling
- Quick-fill, fast-deflate Boston valves
- Rotating oar locks and oar holders
- Two fishing rod holders
- Three inflatable seat cushions for comfort and support
- All-around grab line and rock guard
- Grab handle on each end of the boat for easy carrying
- Battery and gear pouches
- Motor mount fitting
- Certified by the National Marine Manufacturer's Association (NMMA) and U.S. Coast Guard I.D.
- Includes inflatable seats, repair patch kit, 54-inch deluxe aluminum oars, and high-output manual hand pump
Intex products include a limited 30-day manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
About Intex Recreation
Intex Recreation makes above ground swimming pools, air beds, inflatable toys, pool and lake boats, and the proprietary Intex Saltwater Pool System. The company has been in business for over 40 years, and is a global leader in designing and producing innovative products for indoor and outdoor recreation.
Intex products meet the most stringent safety standards, undergoing intensive testing to ensure years of safety and satisfaction. During the manufacturing process, trained Intex employees continuously monitor a wide range of factors, including quality of raw materials, calibration of the machines, manufacture and assembly of each product, product testing, and careful packaging of every item.
Top Customer Reviews
There was just enough room for my wife and I, plus our two dogs and minimal gear (Ice Chest, back pack, towels, etc). Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase. We cut a piece of outdoor carpet to put on top of the roll-up floor just to give it a little more comfort and to keep the doggies claws from ripping up the vinyl. It also made it a little comfier to sit on the floor.
Overall, I love it! I'd recommend it to others looking for a tough little raft and I'd buy it again. I agree with all the others that believe this one provides the best quality and value for the price.
Minor complaints (not deal breakers but stuff to be aware of):
Wish there was just a tad more room. I wanted slightly more room that the Excursion 5 gives you but the higher-quality and tougher Mariner 4 won out.
The duffel bag is very thin and flimsy. For the weight that it has to support it should have been thick durable canvas instead of something that feels like paper. I feel it doesn't provide any protection so will upgrade that immediately.
I would have preferred that the inflatable seats have the Boston Valves to make them easier to deflate. We didn't take them out the first time which made the raft feel a bit roomier so I probably won't use them much (if at all). I sat on the Ice Chest to get a better rowing angle.
There's also no Boston Valve on the center keel so you have to pinch to deflate. I'm just sayin', why not add those nifty Boston Valves everywhere - I would have paid extra.
The Oars worked but I had to keep tightening them at the joints. The grip-ends completely slid off at one point so I'll be shopping around for replacements as I don't see them lasting long.
It's made in China. Just sayin'
Additional Lessons and Updates:
1) If you are hand-carrying to the water, splitting the load into two duffels is essential. This makes it easier to carry and put away.
2) One of the paddles broke after only the second use. One of the plastic retainer rings broke off and flew into the water. I periodically checked to make sure the rings were securely tightened so it wasn't loose when it broke, it was nice and secure. That leads me to believe that it broke from stress though we were not rowing too hard. Shopping around for replacement options and calling Intex to see if they'll replace.
3) Added a Minn Kota Endura C2 40 Freshwater Transom Mounted Trolling Motor (36" Shaft) and a Intex Motor Mount Kit to the mix. This added another 26 pounds of weight to carry. Of course this requires a battery [EverStart Maxx Marine 24DC] to run it so add another 45 pounds for the battery. Lets not forget the That's a total of 71 additional pounds to carry to the water which brings me to the next lesson.
4) Added a Farm & Ranch FR110-2 Steel Utility Cart with Removable Folding Sides and 10-Inch Pneumatic Tires, 400-Pound Capacity, 34-Inches by 18-Inches, Green Finish because of the now good-workout 4 round trips from vehicle to water (a) Bag one with raft and small gear (b) Bag 2 with floor, paddles and other gear (c) Trolling Motor and Ice Chest and (d) The 45lb Marine Battery. That reduced to one trip with the Utility Cart.
5) Added a Minn Kota Trolling Motor Power Center which only added one more pound. It's a really nice enclosure for the battery that powers the trolling motor and it has a built-in power meter and accessory plugs.
6) The cost of additional accessories can quickly add up. So far totally worth it.
7) Any boat with a motor or sail operated in Colorado on any public waters must be registered with Colorado Parks and Wildlife. So I have to paid about $35 for the registration and have to do that every year now. I get a sticker to put on the raft plus I have to put the registration number on. I initially did this with vinyl stickers but they don't stay on very well so I'm thinking I'll just use permanent marker when the stickers wear off for next year.
**** 1 Year Update ***
September 15th, 2014
It's been a year and we've used the raft many times. I'm very satisfied with this purchase and would buy it again if I needed to replace it. No problems or any holes yet so I've not needed to use the repair kit. I was thinking of rigging a canopy for sun protection but we just take large umbrellas and that has worked out great. We've never used the inflatable seats that came with it, I just sit on a cooler which works great and is functional storage. The family including the dogs love the raft and adventures it enables. B-)
*** *** *** *** *** *** ***
*** Take care of this raft and it will take care of you! We have now had this raft for 2 years and are into our 3rd boating season with it. We take care to wash and thoroughly dry it after each use as well as store it properly. When we take it to the lake we bring a tarp to place it on while inflating to reduce the chance of punctures from rocks or sticks.
All that being said, in the water we have certainly put this raft to the test. It has been drug over rocks, had dogs inside of it, floated across sunken downed tree branches, and it has never had a leak and looks like brand new. I am updating my review from 4 stars to 5. The complaints I had that caused me to take away a star previously are still valid. I just feel like after 2 years this raft has been such a great value that it has earned it's 5th star back!
Other than that this little boat is great. I have a mount kit, Minn Kota power center, 30 lb thrust Minn Kota,swivel seats and it all works really awesome especially since it all fits in my sedan. I fish at Braunig and Calaveras lake in San Antonio regularly and get some strange looks from boaters...but more from kayak people. I only go out in winds less than 15mph for my own personal comfort zone. I have added pics of our Seahwk II and our new Mariner 4.One last note to mention is that I'm 230 lbs and I usually take out my son whom weighs 130lbs and the pontoons stay at least 14 inches above the water even with all our gear.