Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Players can compete in local wireless matches or online over a broadband Internet connection.
- The game supports both SpotPass and StreetPass features.
- Players can show their own style by customizing their vehicles with accessories that give them a competitive advantage. For instance, giant tires help a kart drive off-road, while smaller tires work best on city courses.
- People can choose to race as one of their favorite Mushroom Kingdom characters or even as their Mii character.
- The Mario Kart franchise continues to evolve. New kart abilities add to the wild fun that the games are known for. On big jumps, a kart deploys a wing to let it glide over a track shortcut. When under water, a propeller pops out to help the kart cruise across the sea floor.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Mario Kart 7
It's a New Way to Race with Friends
The best part of the Mario Kart 7 game is getting the chance to race with your friends. With classic local and online* play—plus exciting new features that let you join Communities, view leaderboards, and make new friends to race with across the globe— it's by far the most social Mario Kart experience ever. Put your skills to the test and become a part of the Mario Kart 7 racing Community!
* Wireless broadband Internet access required for online play.
- Local multiplayer
- Online multiplayer
Choose your Driver
The whole Mushroom Kingdom gang is back and ready to race for glory. Along with famous and familiar favorites, you'll find some surprising new faces this time around.
Explore The Tracks
Drive, glide and dive through dozens of exciting courses – from all-new tracks, to classics from past Mario Kart games that have been updated with glider and propeller-friendly features.
Build The Ultimate Racing Machine!
You can customize your very own kart from the ground up for each race. Express your personal style and racing preferences with a range of chassis, tires, and gliders. Bulk up with monster wheels for battle mode, or opt for slim and sleek parts to zip through Grand Prix mode—the choice is yours. As you move up in the Grand Prix, you'll unlock new kart parts.
The newest installment of the fan-favorite Mario Kart franchise brings Mushroom Kingdom racing fun into glorious 3D. For the first time, drivers explore new competitive kart possibilities, such as soaring through the skies or plunging to the depths of the sea. New courses, strategic new abilities and customizable karts bring the racing excitement to new heights.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Players can compete in local wireless matches or online over a broadband Internet connection.
• The game supports both SpotPass and StreetPass features.
• Players can show their own style by customizing their vehicles with accessories that give them a competitive advantage. For instance, giant tires help a kart drive off-road, while smaller tires work best on city courses.
• People can choose to race as one of their favorite Mushroom Kingdom characters or even as their Mii character.
• The Mario Kart franchise continues to evolve. New kart abilities add to the wild fun that the games are known for. On big jumps, a kart deploys a wing to let it glide over a track shortcut. When under water, a propeller pops out to help the kart cruise across the sea floor.
Online multiplayer works flawlessly. Local multiplayer is fantastic requiring only 1 person own the game which can be shared with other player's 3DS via local wifi.
Six iterations later, and we have Mario Kart.... 7. Let's see, Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Double Dash, Nintendo DS Mario Kart, Wii Mario Kart... and yeap, I think that's all of them.
7 brings some fresh new ways of getting around the tracks... mostly through the air and underwater... All in all, it's the same game we all know and love, race, get items, get hit mercilessly by the blue flying shell of death whenever you're in first, and drift.
There's nothing really different from the Wii version aside from the two new modes of transportation mentioned earlier.
I have yet to play it online, so I do not have anything to write about that feature (but I probably will add it on... eventually...)
All in all, a great Mario franchise title... I cannot wait to play 8 when it comes out later this month...
There are things to unlock, just as in the classic MK series, and there are several special updates that are just for this edition.
One of my favorite features are the new maps. Each 'classic', or race bracket, is broken down into maps that have appeared in previous editions and new maps that are exclusive to the 3DS.
The 3D addition to the game just brings things to a whole new level and adds a new perspective to the awesome game play.
Would recommend to any age for any reason. Great classic game to have for those times when you want to play something not too serious, but still have some competitive fun.