Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,143 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,379 reviews
on October 12, 2016
Great new features! Awesome Racer. Key features include:
Players can compete in local wireless matches or online over a broadband Internet connection.
• The game supports both SpotPass and StreetPass features.
• Players can show their own style by customizing their vehicles with accessories that give them a competitive advantage. For instance, giant tires help a kart drive off-road, while smaller tires work best on city courses.
• People can choose to race as one of their favorite Mushroom Kingdom characters or even as their Mii character.
• The Mario Kart franchise continues to evolve. New kart abilities add to the wild fun that the games are known for. On big jumps, a kart deploys a wing to let it glide over a track shortcut. When under water, a propeller pops out to help the kart cruise across the sea floor.
My 9 year old LOVES racing games like Mario Kart and Sonic All Stars. The other day we were at a brick and mortar and he was playing the 3DS there with Mario Kart 7 in it, and that was my first time really looking at the 3DS. I was quite impressed with what they were doing with such a small screen, and no glasses needed.

We have an old DS, so I bought this for him behind his back. When it arrived and i "surprised" him with it, he was psyched. Then he was sad when it wouldn't fit in his old DS. I said, "Oh, it won't work in the DS? Only in the 3DS?" He sadly nodded at me, so I pulled out the new red 3DS from behind my back to give to him, telling him we were lucky I got one of those as well.

Made his weekend.

He can't get enough of this, and I got pretty hooked too. The controls are SO much better with the 3DS games, so the stick on the left makes driving a lot easier.

Changing from one to another vehicle type is something we really enjoyed with the Sonic transformed on the Wii U, so I was glad to see that "updated" type of game play here. We really want Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U but we'll stick with this for the time being, it's a great way to pass the time till the next version comes out for the full sized consoles.

There's familiar tracks here, as well as new ones, and the 3D effect makes it VERY enjoyable. Some different power ups and different car customizations give it a different feel as well.

If you've enjoyed the Mario Kart franchise, but haven't seen it on the 3DS yet, get to a store and check it out. It's a whole new game...
on June 20, 2016
This game is fun and challenging. My son is a HUGE Mario Kart fan, and just received a 2ds for his birthday. So this game seemed like the perfect gift for him. We already have Mario Kart 8 at home, and I was worried that this was going to be too similar to that and not provide enough fun for my son. Boy, was I wrong. There are a few different levels, different karts, and different challenges to overcome in this game. If you are a Mario Kart fan and own a 2ds or a 3ds, I would highly recommend this game.
on March 25, 2017
Mario Kart 7 is a good example of what makes Nintendo so successful...innovation. It introduces a fun little glide gimmick, has a good variety of levels, just like Mario Kart Wii before it, and an decent variety of characters, but a number of them have to be unlocked by completing certain cups on the highest difficulty (which is no easy feat unless you are really good at racing games). The one major problem I have with this game is the spiny shell, which I think overstayed its welcome after the last game. The male Mii character voice they chose is also really annoying, it literally sounds like baby noises.
on January 30, 2014
Great game for both kids and adults. Fun and challenging with high replay value for both single player as well as multiplayer

Online multiplayer works flawlessly. Local multiplayer is fantastic requiring only 1 person own the game which can be shared with other player's 3DS via local wifi.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
on March 12, 2016
Great game and had fun. It reminded me of the Mario Kart from when I had the Nintendo 64 Game System. Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing were my favorite games on that system. Unfortunately, I did outgrow video games (for the most part). I bought a Nintendo 3DS largely for the fact that lot of the Nintendo 64 games were coming out on this system. Impressive that these games are now portable.
on May 13, 2014
I remember when the first Mario Kart was introduced on the Super Nintendo. I thought it was a fun game... I never thought it would garner the attention that it did.

Six iterations later, and we have Mario Kart.... 7. Let's see, Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Double Dash, Nintendo DS Mario Kart, Wii Mario Kart... and yeap, I think that's all of them.

7 brings some fresh new ways of getting around the tracks... mostly through the air and underwater... All in all, it's the same game we all know and love, race, get items, get hit mercilessly by the blue flying shell of death whenever you're in first, and drift.

There's nothing really different from the Wii version aside from the two new modes of transportation mentioned earlier.

I have yet to play it online, so I do not have anything to write about that feature (but I probably will add it on... eventually...)

All in all, a great Mario franchise title... I cannot wait to play 8 when it comes out later this month...
on July 26, 2014
Where should I start, this game is awesome, I love it. This is the best game so far for the 3ds, in my opinion with the many bew features that it has. This game, Super Mario 3d Land and Pokemon Y were the first 3 games that I bought when I finally got my 3ds. The only thing that I didn't really like was the absence of the VS option. Sometimes I just want to race with the 150 cc speed but normal difficulty but after doing the 150 cc cups, it felt like the difficulty was not challenging at all. Maybe it was because trying to complete the 150 cc cups on Mario Kart Wii kicked my butt so bad my skills impro ed or something like that because I finished in 1st place in all the races and I'm not trying to brag. Anyways this game is great everyone should get this game and for anyone who says that they don't like Mario Kart then theres something wrong with them.
on May 11, 2013
We got this game despite the fact that we have the Mario Kart for DS, and after HOURS of kids pleading, whining, cajoling, watching footage on Youtube, etc.

Yes, the music is completely haunting. That is, since we got this game three days ago, the kids have been continuously playing it and the music haunts us in our sleep, in our pajamas, just outside the bathroom, on the staircase, on the treadmill, at the dinner table, upstairs, downstairs, in the garage, in the car, getting out of the car, wherever there's enough space for a child holding a 3DS XL. And when there's no space, they just squeeze in anyway.

That said, it is a beautiful experience for the children to pretend to be Mario world creatures, flying through the air, diving under the ocean, on their crazy inane vehicles, careening around in fantastic scenery. It's not violent and it's not a first person shooter game. It's funny and fast. There are no scary monsters, scenarios, or scenery. And friends who have DS's love playing them together. I can think of worse ways to spend a rainy day.
on December 29, 2011
First off - I have been a kart fan since the SNES version many years back . . . with my most recent versions being Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii. This version brought to the 3DS far exceeded my expectations.

This was my first attempt with a new handheld nintendo since the days of the GBA first came out. I was pleasently suprised by the fluid nature and natural controls the system and games offered. Mario Kart 7 was one of the first games I picked up with the new system (the new mario and zelda OoT being the others. The tradition has stayed true for the most part of the game, but brought back some old flare and new flare.

You now get speed boost from coins, and loose coins as you get "hit" by other players power ups. They stack to a certain point, but then you don't receive anymore added benefit from them. They added in some new attacks which was nice, 7 is a fun one where you get 7 items to use, the spit fire works great as well for taking down multiple racers. The other new feature was the parachute. You have some control of them in the air and can get a series edge over the competition if you use them properly. So practice practice practice.

Graphics: The graphics are amazing! If you blew them up on a larger screen they wouldnt be the most advanced, but on such a small platform screen with a 3D interface, it honestly looks better than my wii with HD hookups (480p ...) on a 32" LED tv.

Sound: Excellent. Traditional voices, music, and sfx brings this game to life and keeps giving it an edge.

Gameplay: Same as before in terms of control, the added benefit of a parachute makes it interesting and can give more players a leading edge who are new to the genre. It's fast, fluid, and the UI is friendly on and off racing.

Replay Value: With ample tracks, cups, and game play options. Players old and new will continue to find a way to revisit this game. Time trials keep your competition driven. Online multiplayer keeps you in the loop with your friends. The replay value will always be there. For a quick 3 minute race to beat a time. Or a 15 minute circuit.

Over all, I give this game 9 out of 10. There are some hicups - slow online connections, frequently lost games when users loose signals, hard to remember "Friend numbers" (Come on Nintendo, User names!)and still having moments where you want to throw the game because of the infinite numbers of blue shells that go into play ONLY when you're in first place causing you the match. If you're on the edge on buying this game, and you have a 3DS it's a no brainer. This should be on the top of your list. Whether you've played it on the original SNES, or just started with the Wii, you'll enjoy the competitions, fluid graphics, fantastic mario sounds, and immersive game play that is Mario Kart 7.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.