Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Mario Kart 7
Format: Video Game|Change

on January 30, 2014
Great game for both kids and adults. Fun and challenging with high replay value for both single player as well as multiplayer

Online multiplayer works flawlessly. Local multiplayer is fantastic requiring only 1 person own the game which can be shared with other player's 3DS via local wifi.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
on May 11, 2013
We got this game despite the fact that we have the Mario Kart for DS, and after HOURS of kids pleading, whining, cajoling, watching footage on Youtube, etc.

Yes, the music is completely haunting. That is, since we got this game three days ago, the kids have been continuously playing it and the music haunts us in our sleep, in our pajamas, just outside the bathroom, on the staircase, on the treadmill, at the dinner table, upstairs, downstairs, in the garage, in the car, getting out of the car, wherever there's enough space for a child holding a 3DS XL. And when there's no space, they just squeeze in anyway.

That said, it is a beautiful experience for the children to pretend to be Mario world creatures, flying through the air, diving under the ocean, on their crazy inane vehicles, careening around in fantastic scenery. It's not violent and it's not a first person shooter game. It's funny and fast. There are no scary monsters, scenarios, or scenery. And friends who have DS's love playing them together. I can think of worse ways to spend a rainy day.
on May 13, 2014
I remember when the first Mario Kart was introduced on the Super Nintendo. I thought it was a fun game... I never thought it would garner the attention that it did.

Six iterations later, and we have Mario Kart.... 7. Let's see, Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Double Dash, Nintendo DS Mario Kart, Wii Mario Kart... and yeap, I think that's all of them.

7 brings some fresh new ways of getting around the tracks... mostly through the air and underwater... All in all, it's the same game we all know and love, race, get items, get hit mercilessly by the blue flying shell of death whenever you're in first, and drift.

There's nothing really different from the Wii version aside from the two new modes of transportation mentioned earlier.

I have yet to play it online, so I do not have anything to write about that feature (but I probably will add it on... eventually...)

All in all, a great Mario franchise title... I cannot wait to play 8 when it comes out later this month...
on July 26, 2014
Where should I start, this game is awesome, I love it. This is the best game so far for the 3ds, in my opinion with the many bew features that it has. This game, Super Mario 3d Land and Pokemon Y were the first 3 games that I bought when I finally got my 3ds. The only thing that I didn't really like was the absence of the VS option. Sometimes I just want to race with the 150 cc speed but normal difficulty but after doing the 150 cc cups, it felt like the difficulty was not challenging at all. Maybe it was because trying to complete the 150 cc cups on Mario Kart Wii kicked my butt so bad my skills impro ed or something like that because I finished in 1st place in all the races and I'm not trying to brag. Anyways this game is great everyone should get this game and for anyone who says that they don't like Mario Kart then theres something wrong with them.
VINE VOICEon July 24, 2013
Any fan of the MK series will know what to expect. This game is so wide reaching that three generations could play this side-by-side and all have a great time of it. That being said, it does make a great gift for anyone who owns a 3DS, no matter the age.
There are things to unlock, just as in the classic MK series, and there are several special updates that are just for this edition.
One of my favorite features are the new maps. Each 'classic', or race bracket, is broken down into maps that have appeared in previous editions and new maps that are exclusive to the 3DS.
The 3D addition to the game just brings things to a whole new level and adds a new perspective to the awesome game play.
Would recommend to any age for any reason. Great classic game to have for those times when you want to play something not too serious, but still have some competitive fun.
on March 17, 2016
Great Product. I bought my with the 3DS for her birthday as she always wanted one. Was able to give her this game for almost 10$ cheaper than the store. I ended up playing it more than she did and it is fantastic. It's been a while since I have played a hand held system and this game was flawless and brought me back to my childhood with gameboys. Graphics are as good as the home system. Thanks Nintendo you are the best! Also if you can release 8 for the 3DS that would be great!
on January 27, 2014
This game was purchased for my son about two months ago and he loves it. I even have to admit that I get sucked in playing it from time to time. It plays just like the version on the Wii. The game even has a mode where you can steer the karts by using the tilt/yaw function on the 3DS. All the classic Mario characters are there and have a few new ones added in as you climb the ranks and unlock them. One thing I really like about it that it allows you to race as your own Mii character. It has all kinds of customization options for your karts to make them faster, handle better, etc. Thanks to the multi-play feature on the 3DS systems, up to four friends can play at once against each other. Nintendo doesn't dissapoint with this one. I would highly recommend this game for anyone!
on December 30, 2011
This game is very fun just like mario kart ds was. It has the great graphics of mario kart wii with the fun you can expect from mario kart ds.

The major problem with mario kart wii was that it was very luck based because of its imbalance of items and lack of any real strategy to recover from getting hit with 5 blue shells every race. I also like how there are 8 players instead of 12. The new items like the fire flower and tanooki leaf make the game even more interesting. As tradition, mario kart has 16 new stages and 16 old stages. I am pleased with the selection of the retro courses and how new features such as paragliding are in the old stages.

Online play is really fun and improved over the previous games. You can play battles online and are not forced to play in teams. But as great as the online is, it does have issues. Sometimes when there is a communication error, you will get this ''please wait'' message for 3-5 minutes. You may be able to speed up the process by turning off the wireless switch, but for the most part it is a 5 minute wait. So despite the occasional hangups this game has online, it is still worth it for the mario kart fans.
on January 11, 2014
It is a good little racing game. I can’t call myself a Mario Kart fan, but I have MK Double Dash and have good memories of it. First and foremost, I was keen on interesting tracks. I got those and lots of them. Of special note was the Special cup which held up to the standard of having the most interesting tracks. Rainbow road was great again yet all of them where very fun. I liked having four extra cups of past courses and since I have seen very few of them, it essentially doubled the number of new courses in the game.
After I had seen all the tracks and had fun exploring the aspects of the game I began to rely of the races themselves to have fun. The racing was pretty decent, smooth and hard not to enjoy yourself. I ran into the same paradox though of the easy races being too easy and the harder races being annoyingly hard. But I guess that is good old Mario Kart for you and I am not sure I would want to change it.
At first the 3D could be cool and make the tracks look better. But let’s face it; I soon got too busy with the races to care. The wifi works great but I quickly grew bored. I guess I just prefer to race people live. All the same, I really appreciate the option.
on March 3, 2016
This game is still as good as the franchise has ever been. It has better than ever graphics, the game play is fast-paced, involved, and as crazy as it has ever been. I really like how this game features a variety of both new tracks to race on and several tracks featured both in the Wii version and SNES versions of Mario Kart. The game features numerous kart and character unlockables which are earned through the course of the game. The game is very friendly to novices of the game, as the game still features three different modes of competition, 50cc, 100cc, and 150cc which allow for differing levels of competition. This game is very clean and child-friendly. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys Mario Kart or any parent looking for a clean game for a great Christmas or birthday present.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.